What If I refuse to quarantine at a hospital -asymptomatic in Phuket

XtraFly

2 Questions: Let's say I test +ve on day 1 or day 5, and they want me to quarantine at a hospital and pay out of pocket and then bill my insurance cos that's the scenarios I'v read.

1- What happens If I say F you I'm not paying or I don't have money to pay ? how can they force me to pay first out of pocket and then bill my insurance ?

2- Can I refuse to go to hospital since I'm asymptomatic and insist to quarantine at the Hotel. ?

I'm speaking in regards to Phuket Test and Go ONLY, I read some people did that and they isolated at their own cost at a hotel rather than a hospital.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Pond Life said:

Is the pink slip new ?

I never saw one when I came into Thailand early Nov.

It depends. I arrived early November and was given the RTK test kit for the 7th day DIY test with instructions to send a photo of the test result to the hotel.

My friend arrived maybe ten days later and he was given the pink slip and presented himself at the designated hospital in Pattaya for the 7th day RTK test.

Since I was headed up-country, maybe that's why I got the DIY method versus my friend heading to Pattaya? There was talk back then about a shortage of RTK tests. Add in the fact that some people didn't wait for their first test result, or didn't bother with the second test and stories about hospitals not knowing how to report the second test walk-in customers, it's a bit of a shambles. Now we have a large amount of Russian and Kazakh arrivals presenting 'questionable' PCR test certificates, who knows what the next control measure will be.

• Like 2

I don't know about Phuket, but here in Pattaya, many covid positive people are staying free in a covid hotel (the Grand Bella) next to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XtraFly said:

2 Questions: Let's say I test +ve on day 1 or day 5, and they want me to quarantine at a hospital and pay out of pocket and then bill my insurance cos that's the scenarios I'v read.

1- What happens If I say F you I'm not paying or I don't have money to pay ? how can they force me to pay first out of pocket and then bill my insurance ?

2- Can I refuse to go to hospital since I'm asymptomatic and insist to quarantine at the Hotel. ?

I'm speaking in regards to Phuket Test and Go ONLY, I read some people did that and they isolated at their own cost at a hotel rather than a hospital.

This is the latest I can find about the guidelines issued by Thailand’s Medical Services Department issued to health care facilities regarding the home isolation of SARS-CoV-2 positive persons.

I remember reading somewhere else that being less than 60 years old is another criterion that must be met to qualify for home isolation. Whether this still applies, and applies unconditionally, I do not know.

Whether a hotel room counts as a "home" for the purpose of self-isolation and whether a hotel would allow it even it were permitted would remain to be seen. There appear to have already some cases like this.

23 hours ago, bbko said:

I don't know about Phuket, but here in Pattaya, many covid positive people are staying free in a covid hotel (the Grand Bella) next to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital.  

A positive story for a change.

Many thanks!

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 6:40 PM, tonray said:

I'd bet it depends on local situation. You most likely would be making a nuisance of yourself and they might accomodate you...or they might have standing orders to physically throw a net over you and force you into a room. 

Your opinion doesn’t make any sense.

Suggest you have a look on youtube for James Sweetland

Hotel called Police he wanted to stay hotel didn't want him to stay  and he stated he didn't have money they took him to a field hospital for 1 night and that was free and once you seen what it was like you will understand why its free after 1st night he was taken to an ASQ hotel which was better and he payed up front and  his  insurance said he can submit a claim

• Thanks 1