Small quantity of Mexican pesos for sale (Chiang Mai pickup)

rose33

Mexican pesos for sale

500 pesos note *16 (8,000 pesos)

200 pesos note *1 (200 pesos)

50 pesos note * 270 (13,500 pesos)

Total = 21,700 Mexican pesos

For sale: all for 34,500 baht or smaller amounts converted at a rate of 1.6

Cash, or instant bank transfer -- upon inspection in person -- available in central Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai.

PM with any queries.

• Haha 1

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, I do not speak fluent meme.

My reasoning was, if we take the mid-market rate then it's a win-win because neither of us is paying the high retail buy/sell rate.

Help a fellow human being, what obvious point am I missing? 

I'd simply visit the airport and sell there, but Thailand doesn't exchange MEX pesos. 

I am not planning on establishing my own currency exchange shop here, it's obviously a one off sale of a small amount for personal use.

Thanks friends 

1 hour ago, rose33 said:

what obvious point am I missing? 

There is no market for Mexican Pesos in Thailand.  Try Singapore.

If I am in Thailand and want Mexican Pesos it is because I am going to Mexico where I can buy them easily and not have to get a pile of small 50 Peso notes.

Guest Isaanlife
2 hours ago, rose33 said:

Hi guys,

My reasoning was, if we take the mid-market rate then it's a win-win because neither of us is paying the high retail buy/sell rate.

I'd simply visit the airport and sell there, but Thailand doesn't exchange MEX pesos. 

I am not planning on establishing my own currency exchange shop here, it's obviously a one off sale of a small amount for personal use.

Thanks friends 

You answered your own question.

No one will take them in Thailand and unless a person was planning on going to Mexico, which I doubt anyone is right now, then no one will have any use for them.

If you need help by this paltry little financial sale, perhaps you cannot afford to live in Thailand?

Edited by Isaanlife

9 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

You answered your own question.

No one will take them in Thailand and unless a person was planning on going to Mexico, which I doubt anyone is right now, then no one will have any use for them.

If you need help by this paltry little financial sale, perhaps you cannot afford to live in Thailand?

Perhaps what he can or can't afford is his own business.

The Mex Pesos are worth something in Thailand. Its still money.

• Like 2

I don't get all the sneering. But OP, indeed what you offer is not attractive, the official mid-market rate as of now for your amount is 34,615 B, why would anyone buy from an unknown seller at a possibly distant location for 34,500 B.  You might be better off holding on to them until you find yourself in Europe or US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

I don't get all the sneering. But OP, indeed what you offer is not attractive, the official mid-market rate as of now for your amount is 34,615 B, why would anyone buy from an unknown seller at a possibly distant location for 34,500 B.  You might be better off holding on to them until you find yourself in Europe or US.

Its just the nature of anonymous online spaces.

Guest Isaanlife
4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Perhaps what he can or can't afford is his own business.

The Mex Pesos are worth something in Thailand. Its still money.

Where exactly are they worth something in Thailand since no one will exchange them?

Please enlighten us?

3 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

Where exactly are they worth something in Thailand since no one will exchange them?

Please enlighten us?

You took me too literally. Thailand and Mexico are on the same planet. Mexican Pesos are legal currency for anyone now in Thailand that will be travelling to Mexico or even another country that will exchange them. So don't throw the notes in the trash.

Guest Isaanlife
1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You took me too literally. Thailand and Mexico are on the same planet. Mexican Pesos are legal currency for anyone now in Thailand that will be travelling to Mexico or even another country that will exchange them. So don't throw the notes in the trash.

Isn't that exactly what I said? Only of use to people traveling to Mexico?

Guest Isaanlife
5 hours ago, 0james0 said:

Insidious 

Obviously someone here is bored. Get a real hobby rather than coming on here and picking on someone who's looking for help. 

Instead of being a wise guy put your money where your mouth is.

YOU help the guy out and YOU buy his pesos.

How is that since you are so concerned with helping out?

5 minutes ago, novacova said:

Good grief! Is this place becoming a ghetto or what?! Talk about wise guy. Coming off like a thug doesn’t contribute of any good here. Offering disdain and debased verbiage only goes to show the extent and measure of intelligence and lack of self confidence and expressing the insecurity of oneself.

like he said, get a hobby rather than coming here being a chump and pushing people around. 

aseannow.com/ignore ????????????

• Like 1

I feel for the op in many ways. I have a collection of coins and notes from some of the 44+ countries I've visited and its a pain planning to spend every cent/penny/peso at the airport so you get left with 'scraps'. 

I even have a US $10 bill that no one will accept because it's  very worn and 'old'. Is it really worth me hopping on a plane to go to a bank in the US?

My advice to the op is look for an expat out here that is soon looking to return to the US and accept you will have to take a hit.

PS. General information here.  The lower down in the building you go at Suvarnabhumi the better the exchange rates. Basement level where the Airport rail link terminal is. PPS. Beer (and food) is cheaper down there too.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rose33 said:

Hi guys,

Thanks friends 

Not bashing or piling on but just my point of view.  You are asking to exchange a currency that is most likely not needed by anyone on this forum.  I agree with a few other poster stating why exchange at a rate you can get (or maybe even a better rate) in Mexico.  I wouldn't consider the amount "small" as it over a $1000 USD (googled exchange rates: 21,700 peso equates to $1049 USD....34,500 baht equates to $1046).  IMO, you would need to offer a deep discount to make it more attractive instead of mid-market rate.  Good luck.

• Like 1

A person could change pesos in Europe, the US, and the rest of Latin America, etc.

I think a 20 percent discount is fair. The traveling buyer can get a profit and help an expat brother out. But expecting anywhere near a market rate is probably dreaming.

• Like 1