Chonburi farmer shot multiple times at his salt field

snoop1130

1644293306709.jpg

A farmer has sustained serious injuries from gunshots and three methamphetamine pills were found at his small hut located on a salt field in the Panat Nikhom district.

The Panat Nikhom Police was notified of the incident on Sunday afternoon (February 6th) at a salt field in Baan Nerngo in the Naruek sub-district.

Police, press, and first responders arrived at the hut in the salt field to find Mr. Wissanu Banditjeen, 41, who had sustained severe injuries from multiple bullet wounds and was bleeding heavily. He was rushed to a local hospital for urgent medical assistance.

Three methamphetamine pills and five bullet cartridges were found in the hut, which is owned and occupied by Wissanu.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/08/chonburi-farmer-shot-multiple-times-at-his-salt-field-police-suspect-drugs-being-involved/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-08

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

10 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Another reason to legalize pot, which would displace the Yaba drug trade.

At worst, friends might get out of their hammocks to squabble over the last slice of pizza.

Does it work that way? Would alcohol not displace the pot? It is not like liberal attitudes to pot elsewhere have completely removed the really bad and addictive drugs. 

10 minutes ago, malathione said:

Sorry for the dude but never heard of anyone farming salt before. Must be tough to make it grow in the rainy season.

There are many salt farms there in coastal areas where seawater is evaporated to leave the salt. I don’t think they mine salt here.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Another reason to legalize pot, which would displace the Yaba drug trade.

At worst, friends might get out of their hammocks to squabble over the last slice of pizza.

I've got the munchies right now!

Edited by Tropposurfer

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

I don’t think they mine salt here.

Salt Wells, not mining I guess, famous in some parts. Bo Kluea in Nan is one example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKEVN9Ch-FI

Salt Farming is on the list of jobs prohibited to foreigners. Darn.

Meth is a scourge here, surprised a 40 YO farmer is into it? And what was the motive? Seems like an angry response, esp. if beating after shooting.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

There are many salt farms there in coastal areas where seawater is evaporated to leave the salt. I don’t think they mine salt here.

A picture of my ex-wife's salt "farm" in Issan, about 30 km east of Ban Dung north of Udon Thani.

Salt water is pumped into dry "paddies" and the water evaporated off, takes about 2 weeks.

Dry season is prime salt time.

Once the crust forms the salt is windrowed and then scooped into the baskets, the baskets taken to a storage hut.

It's backbreaking work in extreme heat for not much money.

Every year they take 10's of thousands of tons of salt out of this area.

The coastal towns use sea water, same process

Nong Qwang 009.jpg

• Like 1