Thai government planning to adjust Covid-19 daily reports

snoop1130

OK, so those testing positive no longer need to report it and can move around the rest of population without any restrictions whatsoever, as well, rather than threatening those with positive ATK tests who don't report to Health Ministry?

Got my answer at the end of the linked article:

Although the government has eased some of the preventive measures to help facilitate their daily lives, people must continue to take care and protect themselves strictly according to public health measures and the Covid-19 alert level.

Yeah, right!

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Thanks 1

Only reason they are doing this is to keep the populace ignorant. I rather know what is really going on than be oblivious. Any here who said great news will be reborn as an ostrich in their next life. Ignoring the facts does not make them go away. In this case it is an attempt by the ruling power to gloss over any trace that they are messing things up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jchfriis said:

You should just assume everybody you meet is infected. Here in Denmark the daily infections have been around 50,000 for the last few weeks, and that with a population of less than 10 percent of Thailand's. So I don't think the number of infections matter anymore. The number of people in ICU and deaths from Covid are what matters I think.

But, by the time they are in an ICU or dead, is it not too late? Not much you can do for the latter and you have failed them and society. We need a metric in advance of serious symptoms...,,,,

It is like evaluating and attempting to control social unrest by simply counting bodies. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I still want to know whether there are 10,000 or 25,000 new cases per day. Guess, I can skip the daily news check on "Bangkok Post" now.

Do you truly believe that the daily published figures for number of COVID cases was any real indication of the true number of daily new cases?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, carlf said:

Do you truly believe that the daily published figures for number of COVID cases was any real indication of the true number of daily new cases?

I can imagine that a lot of people are afraid to talk about the (positive) results of their ATK tests, and prefer to stay home. It's pretty quiet where I live.

13 hours ago, Petey11 said:

All good but personally if I was visiting a country I would want to know the prevalence of covid in that country, especially as Thailand has a policy of  enforced hospitalisation for any tourist who tests positive on day five after mixing with the local population.

And right there, is the reason to " Adjust " the Daily reports on Infections.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2long said:

Richard Barrow's FB page might see a lot less traffic at 7.50am every day now.

I would imagine that when the pandemic is over he'll see a major drop overall.

I used to check his page several times a day, now it's already down to every few days.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I would imagine that when the pandemic is over he'll see a major drop overall.

I used to check his page several times a day, now it's already down to every few days.

Once he stops posting about what I consider irrelevant covid figures I'll probably start following him again. 

Thus giving a completely false picture of the pandemic/endemic. Yes to reporting hospitalisations with a separate figure for those on ventilation  and deaths but it is vital that non symptomatic and mild cases are also reported. Otherwise the public and health professionals will not be able to respond and the rest of the world will have even less faith in Thailands figures

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jchfriis said:

You should just assume everybody you meet is infected. Here in Denmark the daily infections have been around 50,000 for the last few weeks, and that with a population of less than 10 percent of Thailand's. So I don't think the number of infections matter anymore. The number of people in ICU and deaths from Covid are what matters I think.

Covid itself would not worry me, it's the enforced hospitalisation if testing positive when visiting Thailand. I'm UK and as everyone knows it was rampant here in January, difference is if I caught it in the UK I can hole up in my own home.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 10:51 AM, Tropicalevo said:

I was under the impression that the government were 'adjusting' the figures on a regular basis in order to suit its agenda on the day.

Take this as confirmation of that. They just decided to be "transparent" about their opacity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1