Thai media update on legal matters after female boxer and adversary get fined the same - 1,000 baht

webfact

10 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

So up to 2 years in jail for defending myself but 500 baht fine for the person who starts the fight?  Pouring been over my head is not even an assault?  

Following someone down the street kicking them isn't self defence. Lol 

You could call it: revenge, retaliation, fighting, assault, attacking, etc etc.

Irrespective of what he did, she no longer needed to defend herself when she was following him down the street.

The police understand the law.

Village justice will just get you a criminal charge. Simple.

Edited by 2009
  • Thanks 1

Indifferently of the actions of the man, he should be jailed for live.

Spilling a beer to pour over the head of woman is a sacrilege and can not be forgiven ...

Depending on the brand of the beer (eg.: "Heineken", aka "<deleted> water"), the sentence could be reduced.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you think we know what happened?

It did not look to me like anyone was  actually trying to hurt anyone. 

Her hair certainly seemed to have dried quickly,,,,

I think it was staged to promote the woman. 

The back of her dress looks fairly soaked to me tbh as does her hair at the back.

Edited by starky

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

It was clearly a win for old mate who not only dumped a beer on her and laughed off her feeble attempts and trying to bash him he also bitch slapped her hero mate that tried to follow up with the lamest elbow in the history of Muay Thai.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, curtklay said:

She is soaking wet. I would call that an assault. She should have kicked the sh*t out of him.

And in this modern world of equal opportunity of course if a woman had caused such an "assault" than a bloke that has had 50 fights shoukd be able to kick the <deleted> out of her right?

14 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

So up to 2 years in jail for defending myself but 500 baht fine for the person who starts the fight?  Pouring been over my head is not even an assault? 

Pouring beer over someone's head is an assault by law, it is physically attacking someone else. What about the damage to her clothing that he caused or the probable fact that she will have to pay to visit the hairdresser to rectify the damage caused to her long hair by sticky unhygienic beer. He destroyed a simple night out she would have had to go home to get changed and shower.

10 hours ago, starky said:

It was clearly a win for old mate who not only dumped a beer on her and laughed off her feeble attempts and trying to bash him he also bitch slapped her hero mate that tried to follow up with the lamest elbow in the history of Muay Thai.

Yeah, her mate that got smacked seemed to disappear pretty quick...

I still say it was staged