“Squid Shot” Dishes Come with Roundworms

webfact

screenshot_16690.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 11 (TNA) – The Parasitic Diseases Research Center of Suranaree University of Technology has warned people not to try a presently viral “Squid Shot” which can also serve them with roundworms.

The warning responded to the online tide of people trying chewing live squids that are served in shot glasses of spicy seafood sauce. The squids naturally sucked the sauce when they are in the glasses and they gave consumers the taste of fresh squid meat and spicy seafood in one mouthful. 

The viral video clips of such consumption became controversial because many people complained about animal torture and food safety.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-880839

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-02-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yikes. As if there was not already enough truly bizarre food to eat here. 

Hiranyaloka soup. Fried insects. Fermented meats and fish, more som tam than one knows what to do with, ice cream in a hot dog bun, with corn flakes, etc. I could go on. 

Maybe it's trying to knock Phad Thai off the top spot.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe it's trying to knock Phad Thai off the top spot.

Don't think so. They are now sending Phad Thai up in the air tied to balloons to see if it changes its nutitional value. How they find it when it comes back down I don't know.

Edit.

Sorry it's Phad Krapao that's getting the balloon ride. ????

You think I'm joking??

Edited by overherebc
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yikes. As if there was not already enough truly bizarre food to eat here. 

Hiranyaloka soup. Fried insects. Fermented meats and fish, more som tam than one knows what to do with, ice cream in a hot dog bun, with corn flakes, etc. I could go on. 

Hey, don't get me wrong. I love all the zany foods here. I don't eat many of them, but it adds to the fascination and odd and foreign feel of the place. I love all that. Pure exotica. Keeps things interesting. It was very boring and predictable back in the US. Don't miss that at all. 

Edited by spidermike007

11 hours ago, overherebc said:

Don't think so. They are now sending Phad Thai up in the air tied to balloons to see if it changes its nutitional value. How they find it when it comes back down I don't know.

Edit.

Sorry it's Phad Krapao that's getting the balloon ride. ????

You think I'm joking??

Maybe it's a fore-runner to sending it into space with the moon-shot.
Gotta keep those astronauts on a normal diet.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe it's a fore-runner to sending it into space with the moon-shot.
Gotta keep those astronauts on a normal diet.

Ah. Good point.

I'd almost forgotten about the planned Moon Shot and the mission to colonize the Sun.

I wonder how that's going.

If they freeze dry it will the worms still be viable? So many questions!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

If they freeze dry it will the worms still be viable? So many questions!

I hope they got a heavy duty freeze dry machine for the contents after consumption, Phad Thai, Phad Grapao and squid shots needs extreme safety precautions in a confined space.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I hope they got a heavy duty freeze dry machine for the contents after consumption, Phad Thai, Phad Grapao and squid shots needs extreme safety precautions in a confined space.

I've heard that the astronauts undergo a pre-flight process that allows them to tolerate an atmosphere rich in methane.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BusyB said:

I'm all for zany grub but this kind of evil cruelty to animals makes me sick. What kind of jerk does that?

Cruelty to squid? Is that what you are up in arms about? Have you never eaten squid, or gone fishing? There are far more important things to be dwelling upon, than cruelty to squid!

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

A bit like a night under the duvet with my missus.????

Latest news. They found the package when it fell back, good result on that part. And now the sad part.

Someone had opened it and scoffed the Phad Krapao, but left the rice.

I'm not joking. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Thai people. 

The best Buddhists in the world.

Cruelty to animals is a bottomless pit in Thailand.

Unfortunately not only Thailand .... animals are treated like dirt all over the world - some eating habits (in many places) merely another dimension.

Even wild animals kill their prey before eating it.

Well, not quite true. Most wasps have some pretty unsavory habits.