Four tourists injured in fall from scenic viewpoint on Thailand’s Larn Island

webfact

On 2/15/2022 at 6:34 PM, timendres said:

How could anyone walk out onto that structure, seeing how badly it needs maintenance, and then trust a railing?

Very easily. I saw such almost every day while in LOS, though obviously not that particular place. Last time I went to Samet, getting from the pier to the boat was hazardous and just lucky no one was injured or lost their bag into the water.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Very easily. I saw such almost every day while in LOS, though obviously not that particular place. Last time I went to Samet, getting from the pier to the boat was hazardous and just lucky no one was injured or lost their bag into the water.

When I used to go fishing the pier was a deathtrap and navigating it before dawn a risk in itself. So many such structures in Thailand, Pattaya had the decrepit old pier for years. 

On 2/15/2022 at 12:42 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree. Maybe they should put signs everywhere: "Not for tourists" or "use at your own risk".

Tourists should open their eyes and they should not assume everything is regulated just like home.

Good chance that the people were Thais not too many foreign tourists.

I was unaware of dangers when i first came to Thailand and went on a bungee catapult in Samui. Later when i saw it by daylight i vowed to be more aware of dangers next time. You won't see me take safety for granted in Thailand.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

Good chance that the people were Thais not too many foreign tourists.

I was unaware of dangers when i first came to Thailand and went on a bungee catapult in Samui. Later when i saw it by daylight i vowed to be more aware of dangers next time. You won't see me take safety for granted in Thailand.

I was in Suan Sayam not long after I arrived in Thailand. Looking at those constructions I didn't need much research to figure out one shouldn't trust those "attractions".

On 2/18/2022 at 10:42 AM, brianthainess said:

Using wood in a wet environment and Another fine example of a Thai authorities translation. They have failed to follow their own instruction "Hazardous areas not allowed"  and a cartoon character to-boot. ????

3l.jpg.b46bc8a6ad52f00d4f072f57e6a2a6f0.jpg

In the photo it screams ' DANGER' at you