I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

21 hours ago, happydreamer said:

There was someone on here a while ago that was asking about the Gemini Credit Card.  I received an email from them today that said I could apply and check if I qualified.  took about a minute to plug-in my data.  Was approved for 20K credit limit at 12.99% APR on the spot.  Go out there and see if you can apply if you're still interested.

I am very interested in this.  Did you use your Thailand address and contact details?

17 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I am very interested in this.  Did you use your Thailand address and contact details?

No.  Matter of fact if you try to redeem the claim from an IP outside the US it won't even let you on the page.  Use USA addy and details.  When the card arrives to my USA address I just have family mail it to me.

11 hours ago, happydreamer said:

No.  Matter of fact if you try to redeem the claim from an IP outside the US it won't even let you on the page.  Use USA addy and details.  When the card arrives to my USA address I just have family mail it to me.

I don't have US address....

I just checked todays rates. You bought at what corresponds to USD 44k/BTC and as I type this it is a USD 41k/BTC so not much has changed (down 7% or so).

I am also in BTC and other coins, and wish you the best of luck. Consider putting your BTC with one of the platforms that pay interest for your BTC. THat can help off-set some of the downside, or boost profits. Like Youhodler, Nexo Etc. Cheers!

• Like 1

For the believers (like me): I saw something interesting this morning, I start my day a 6 a.m. with a coffee in bed watching the news and my favourite YouTube updates. One person I follow, is someone I have a lot of time for as his channel is technically based. CTO Larson.

He had a new video uploaded which suddenly disappeared. It's not in his uploads now either. Disappeared completely. The title was "Do not sell your bitcoin. Grayscale ETF to be approved next two weeks". 

Whether it does or not, or even if you think I have made this up. He would be one to follow if it turns out true. I am sceptical but I get so many things wrong in crypto so will be interesting to see if it plays out or not.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

"In the US, Bitcoin mining creates an estimated 40 billion pounds of carbon emissions. The proof of work mining requires a lot of computing power which uses amounts of electricity capable of powering countries".

Become an environmentalist and save the planet for future generations. 

Get rid of the crypto.

PM me and I'll sell you an NFT in exchange

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bitcoin down now at 30k, cryptos have tanked this last few days. 

Many think its because of the Luna stable coin crash. Would not want to be holding Luna a right now, crashed 85% since May 5.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:52 PM, JackSinclair said:

Local man has it sussed.....

Alternative download as Torrent =      Ch4.Unreported.World.2022.The.Crypto.Gold.Rush.1080p.HDTV.x265.AAC.MVGroup.org

When this woman said that Thailand was the No 1 tourist destination in the world.....I turned it off.

5 minutes ago, dj230 said:

yup, no insurance, once crypto exchange goes bankrupt your holdings are all gone, ponzi scheme

I had a few different coins invested with an Australian company 

Mycryptowallet 

The company went pear shaped and now the creditors are involved. 

I'm hoping they can retrieve some but doubtful. 

25 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Mycryptowallet 

Hopefully you didn't have too much in there, good luck. 

If they filed for bankruptcy usually all their secured debt gets paid first and I think account holders are unsecured.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/326707/bitcoin-price-index/

https://www.gold.co.uk/gold-price/10-year-gold-price/

Between 2021 and 2022, gold lost 20% of its value, which it has now recovered.

In the same period, bitcoin lost 50% of its value, which it has not recovered.

Draw your own conclusions.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Hopefully you didn't have too much in there, good luck. 

If they filed for bankruptcy usually all their secured debt gets paid first and I think account holders are unsecured.

I bought my first coins 2015, through coins.co.th. and they remain. 

My father passed in 2017, I received some money and invested a small amount with Mycryptowallet from the inheritance. 

At the time I was looking at transferring my coins from Thailand to Australia thinking it was a safer option, glad I didn't.

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Mycryptowallet 

Good luck, there was also one in NZ, the investors got their money back I heard. Cryptopia

Pure speculation here but I think this entire shakeout is contrived.  

My theory is that they want the retail hodl'rs  to dump their holding so that institutions can scoop it up at cheap prices and then be the ones in control of it.  Unlike paper money,  you can't make more BTC when it runs out.  If you take a look at who some of the largest holders of BTC are it's not YET all the institutions.  During this shakeout it causes people to panic sell flooding the market with assets.

There's a striking similarity between this and the Gold seizure of the Great Depression in the 1930 except since BTC is not controlled by any single government, its not ones country seizing it.  Its simply creating conditions that will cause the flood and then ultimately the buy up.  Doesn't mean its going to regain it's former prince tags...Curious to see what happens when it's institutionally owned 

• Haha 1