I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

I am actually wiling to bet with anyone here that Bitcoin will not reach 30k in another 5 years. FTX was a nail in the coffin. It is clear as day that Bitcoin was used to scam and leverage hence the high price. When the government gets involved with regulations it will be a lot more difficult to pump and dump.

I think there is a better chance of ownining smaller cap coins with limited supply, so when things hit the fan the coins can't be printed like it was the case with Luna. 

Your words 555

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

Even with today's pump the OP is down almost 60% .....or $80,000 poorer.

That's a lot of mongering

'mongering'?

BTC is volatile, we all know that. I know people who bought at 15k in Dec 17, and just held for 3 years trebling+ their money. 

13 hours ago, Celsius said:

I am actually wiling to bet with anyone here that Bitcoin will not reach 30k in another 5 years. FTX was a nail in the coffin. It is clear as day that Bitcoin was used to scam and leverage hence the high price. When the government gets involved with regulations it will be a lot more difficult to pump and dump.

I think there is a better chance of ownining smaller cap coins with limited supply, so when things hit the fan the coins can't be printed like it was the case with Luna. 

You have no clue what you are talking about. Unbelievable. What a losing bet. 

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You have no clue what you are talking about. Unbelievable. What a losing bet. 

I know you are hurting, but you didn't provide any counter argument. Btc sharply down today and going below 12k. I will buy when interest rates start slowing down and when the government gets fully involved.

Btw I noticed your crypto dot com credit card is absolutely and completely useless these days. Is crypto dot com the next in line? I hope you pulled that polkadot you are staking long time ago. Otherwise good luck!

11 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I know you are hurting, but you didn't provide any counter argument. Btc sharply down today and going below 12k. I will buy when interest rates start slowing down and when the government gets fully involved.

Btw I noticed your crypto dot com credit card is absolutely and completely useless these days. Is crypto dot com the next in line? I hope you pulled that polkadot you are staking long time ago. Otherwise good luck!

I doubt if BTC will go below 12k, but if it does I will buy more. I've been in this game for many years and desensitize myself(most of the time) to volatility. 

My crytpto.com card is still very useful, not sure what you mean. I put most my salary into BTC monthly  and send it easily to my card; I used it at Tesco today and at the dentist. 

The 3% I get back is in CRO, which isn't as high as it was but this means I get more of it. 

I sold a large %age of my DOT but recently been buying more, after it went under $7. 

I get up to 20%(mostly 12%) on it and this is automatically stake on Kraken and Binance. Like last time, I will cash it out when it goes up. The value of DOT is only down if you compare it to $. So, yes I get x amount of DOT, which might be say $30 a week now, but I save it until it is say $30, which means I get $150 a week. Same for the other things I stake -  Multiversx, BNB, MINA, Chiliz, and ALGO. I guess I am staking CRO too, but I never look at that much, the crypto card is more for offloading my crypto into fiat.  

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are also people that bought in at 48 K and un tripled their money , lost 65 % of their money 

That is my point -  I know people who bought at the height of the 2017 bull market. If they bought at 18k and sold at 3k, they lost. The wise know that the markets change to bear to bull to bear and hold and could have sold at 65k. Only a 3 year hold, so even those who are not experts can win with BTC if they just hold it for more than 2/3 years. 

Interesting thread. The op has some balls spending 200k on bitcoin.

All these bad players in the crypto space will usher in regulations and most cryptos will dissappear.

There are a handful of cryptos will real world utility and I think they will be at the forefront in the next bull run.

My thoughts in BTC and also ETH is what makes them different to any other technology that was the first on the scene like VHS was to watching movies or tapes were to listening to music. Newer, faster and all round better technology comes to the front and makes them obsolete. 

I don't think most  people really understand where this technology does or where it's going but it will literally affect every part of our lives.

Hopefully for the op Bitcoin has a part to play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

All these bad players in the crypto space will usher in regulations and most cryptos will dissappear.

There are a handful of cryptos will real world utility and I think they will be at the forefront in the next bull run.

My thoughts in BTC and also ETH is what makes them different to any other technology that was the first on the scene like VHS was to watching movies or tapes were to listening to music. Newer, faster and all round better technology comes to the front and makes them obsolete. 

I don't think most  people really understand where this technology does or where it's going but it will literally affect every part of our lives.

Beta lost

Vhs won

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

The problem is no one is specific about this technology. I remember Cardano was supposed to eradicate world hunger. ICP looks good on paper but its price was completely manipulated by FTX. So far the crypto has only been used to scam scam scam.

This tech takes time to evolve. The tokens will become a security and once that happens a lot will disappear like you say and the valuations will come down to earth. Until that happens Bitcoins will be pumped a few more times. That will be a good time to sell imo

• Like 1

Are you guys still investing in made-up internet-money such as Bitcoin and the other Ponzi's? If you can't spot the fraud a mile away, I don't know what to tell you. 

So, 9 if the largest exchanges worldwide have either ben outright criminal frauds, hacked clean or ponzi's. But not yours, right? ???? Chasing that legit 17% APY. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Are you guys still investing in made-up internet-money such as Bitcoin and the other Ponzi's? If you can't spot the fraud a mile away, I don't know what to tell you. 

So, 9 if the largest exchanges worldwide have either ben outright criminal frauds, hacked clean or ponzi's. But not yours, right? ???? Chasing that legit 17% APY. 

You think Fiat isnt made up? They print it daily. Worth 8% less next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You think Fiat isnt made up? They print it daily. Worth 8% less next year.

I don't invest in Fiat, I put in productive real assets with a return for above inflation. Bitcoin, or the other made-up internet-money is not productive assets. The only thing you could hope for, which hasn't worked for 3 years now, is that another sucker will buy it higher from you. If your exchange isn't defrauded and your wallet already hacked, that is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I don't invest in Fiat, I put in productive real assets with a return for above inflation. Bitcoin, or the other made-up internet-money is not productive assets. The only thing you could hope for, which hasn't worked for 3 years now, is that another sucker will buy it higher from you. If your exchange isn't defrauded and your wallet already hacked, that is. 

Try Coinspot. Never been hacked. Bank level security.

Inflation is 8%. Property is down last 6 months, shares too.

3 years? No buddy. I traded btc in and out for 20% in 2 weeks. 

14 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Everyone is a trader now, but the polkadot guy said he'd hold it forever. And now he says he sold it and bought lower.

You can't trust anyone here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Celsius said:

Everyone is a trader now, but the polkadot guy said he'd hold it forever. And now he says he sold it and bought lower.

You can't trust anyone here.

Have you met the Dot guy in real life? If not it doesnt matter. If you have it still doesnt matter.

Why would you care? Its not your money.

27 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I didn't say property, buddy. There are several stock markets that are up, and there are more stock markets than Nasdaq, son. 

Your made-up internet-money is down more than the Sri Lankan peso or Turkish Lira in 1y, 2y, 3y. If you say that you can "trade" that away, that's just nonsense (because it's adds another level of risk). An undisputable fact is that Bitcoin, and all the other made-up internet-moneys and ponzis, have faired far, far worse than USD compared to an equal weighted FX basket. Bitcoin is in the toilet YTD and it will go lower. 

Why did you only trade +20% gains in 1 week, and not +40% or 60%? Not want to, right ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aldriglikvid said:

I didn't say property, buddy. There are several stock markets that are up, and there are more stock markets than Nasdaq, son. 

Your made-up internet-money is down more than the Sri Lankan peso or Turkish Lira in 1y, 2y, 3y. If you say that you can "trade" that away, that's just nonsense (because it's adds another level of risk). An undisputable fact is that Bitcoin, and all the other made-up internet-moneys and ponzis, have faired far, far worse than USD compared to an equal weighted FX basket. Bitcoin is in the toilet YTD and it will go lower. 

Why did you only trade +20% gains in 1 week, and not +40% or 60%? Not want to, right ????

You make 60% in a week? You must be better than PTJ.