I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Btc is 13 years old not 1. Stop ignoring the facts.

And that's the thing: you keep arguing that your made-up internet-money has value because of a gain people did who bought in 13 years ago. People who bought in the last years, far more in numbers, are all devasted and won't come back. BTC will never amount to anything.

I can point to 300 stocks that 100x since 13 years ago, will that change your mind about the USD? Can't argue like this.

Stop chasing Ponzi's and invest in tangible assets.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Some people fall back on the amateur excuses;

One is: "You haven't lost if you haven't sold"  (which is relevant ONLY to the amateur and the tax man; the market is under no obligation to ever go back to where they bought)

Another is: "But I'm still ahead" (which is silly, because even if they bought at 1 penny, at current prices they have left roughly $52000 per coin on the table, or 225% more than it's now worth)

Let it be. That is how amateurs salve their wounds.

Any professional trader who tries to salve his ego by saying "I'm still ahead", when he's left on the table upwards of $52000, would be sent packing in an instant. That's a pure amateur rationalization.

Besides, this crash is different, because it has exposed the entire fraud that was suggested (or readily apparent) to traders for a long time:  Large holders both ramped, and now try to support, their own position. There's no new money helping them anymore, because the buzz is gone and retail has been burnt enough. Large holders like SBF, Three Arrows, Celsius and Saylor had had to rely on debt, and often from loans from an 'exchange' they created. They've doubled the danger by pledging their coins as collateral (to themselves or their own exchange or company or a foolish bank).

As each exchange collapses, the collateral backing the loans tumbles, as it's forced liquidation.  The list of zero'd out coins and bankrupt exchanges increases by the day, and there is no sign of let up. Binance, who was going to buy FTX, quickly realized FTX had done what Binance itself has done, which is loan to itself to buy coins, which they pledge as collateral for more loans.

Odds are there are many more failures to come. Many more.

Do you believe your codswallop?

Those of us who have been in for many years buy low, take profits then rinse and repeat, it isn't rocket science. 

Amateur not.  Not sure why you are so resentful towards crypto traders. 

When did you first hear about BTC and take a disliking to it?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

And that's the thing: you keep arguing that your made-up internet-money has value because of a gain people did who bought in 13 years ago. People who bought in the last years, far more in numbers, are all devasted and won't come back. BTC will never amount to anything.

I can point to 300 stocks that 100x since 13 years ago, will that change your mind about the USD? Can't argue like this.

Stop chasing Ponzi's and invest in tangible assets.

I'll ask you again, how many years have you known about BTC?

2 hours ago, SenorTashi said:

What baffles me about crypto is people saying 'it's worth x amount of dollars' 

If it's an alternative to cash, why do we need to know it's worth in dollars and if cash 

gets wiped out, what will crypto be worth then, a bag of potatoes?

I'm not sure how cash gets wiped out, it is still a major component of the Thai payment system.

IMO crypto is worth nothing if there is an EMP. It's just ordered electrons in cyberspace, and demand for bitcoin is about as logical as assigning value to tulip bulbs.

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I made MUCH more in crypto that in other assets, what are you talking about?

If you made money in crypto, someone else lost. As Kenny Rogers said, that's why it's called gambling.

59 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'll ask you again, how many years have you known about BTC?

Let's assume....

- I learned about Bitcoin yesterday

- I learned about Bitcoin last year

- I learned about Bitcoin 2 years ago

It's down, heavily, in all three periods.

Wait, what - should I change my opinion on anything based on how long I've known about it; not actual facts? 

41 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm not sure how cash gets wiped out,

It's happening while we speak. Digital currency is being forced on us whether we like it or not...e2a... (that might be a conspiracy theory)

Edited by SenorTashi

28 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Let's assume....

- I learned about Bitcoin yesterday

- I learned about Bitcoin last year

- I learned about Bitcoin 2 years ago

It's down, heavily, in all three periods.

Wait, what - should I change my opinion on anything based on how long I've known about it; not actual facts? 

So, still not answering the question. 

Bitcoin was $3,500 in March 2020.

I suspect you decided to hate BTC 10 years ago when it was $20 and are frustrated so trying to put it down. 

BTC has always dropped 80% +after a bull run high, why can't you not understand that? 

Most people never made money on bitcoin, because they bought, sell, bought sell and most lost money in the end, but still believe there is a future in btc. Neeram bought last time on 19k, and now at 16 or close reference his own statements. But how much did he really buy? If you going to buy, and make money, your really need to be on the top of the game to sell high and by low and be lucky every time. Very few is lucky

24 minutes ago, SenorTashi said:

It's happening while we speak. Digital currency is being forced on us whether we like it or not...e2a... (that might be a conspiracy theory)

Certainly governments like digital transactions, it makes monitoring and control so much easier for them. It's also why they don't like bitcoin, as being outside the currency fold.

Whenever I go back to Australia, even the smallest shop now has card readers, cash is a rarity.

11 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

BTC = Putting all you cash on the Black, and keep doing it.

I prefer playing Monopoly, on borrowed money, always skint,

live frugally, but what fun.

People were saying that 10 years ago. Now, they are bitter. 

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So, still not answering the question. 

Bitcoin was $3,500 in March 2020.

I suspect you decided to hate BTC 10 years ago when it was $20 and are frustrated so trying to put it down. 

BTC has always dropped 80% +after a bull run high, why can't you not understand that? 

Bitcoin is up 90% against the USD, if you look at the 5 year chart today.

I could show you some very boring, low risk stocks that did far far better over the same timeframe.

15 minutes ago, Non Immigrant said:

Bitcoin is up 90% against the USD, if you look at the 5 year chart today.

I could show you some very boring, low risk stocks that did far far better over the same timeframe.

What about 6 years, or 12?