Prince Andrew settles out of court.

18 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

So I was right. The US law applies.

Not quite, your statement was “Law in US applies if incidents happened there. UK not relevant. Media reports 17yo”

The alleged incidents occurred in the UK, US law applies because a US citizen under age 18 was trafficked across a State line for paid sex.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not quite, your statement was “Law in US applies if incidents happened there. UK not relevant. Media reports 17yo”

The alleged incidents occurred in the UK, US law applies because a US citizen under age 18 was trafficked across a State line for paid sex.

As I said US law applies. Some of the alleged incidents happened in the US ie US law applies.

She took action in the US.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seedy said:

From the link in the OP -

sparing him the humiliation of giving evidence in a trial and protecting the royal family from further reputational damage.

Why is this allowed ? Courts should put a stop to this behind the scenes bargaining so a scumbag can remain hidden for the measly sum - to him - of a few million.

There is no "Justice" in the criminal justice system. Only $$$

The thing is that measly few million is being paid for by me and the rest of UK tax payers cos hes never done a days work, how wrong is that?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems she was paid and lived the luxury life at the time when "it" happened, whatever happened.

And then, years later, she went to court and collected more money.

And then, again many years later, the same again.

Personally I have no problem if girls charge for their services. But if they want money again later and then again more money even later that is IMHO a scam.

Agree, but he / they, did put himself / themselves in that position.  Only Buddha knows how much Epstein extorted from all his clients.  Amassed quite the fortune for just being a pimp to the elite.

A recognized face, doing what some, themselves feel is socially unacceptable, ashamed of, expect to be blackmailed sooner or later.

For the blackmailer, it's high risk game, as many would make the problem simply disappear, once & for all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I am concerned she should be on trial for extorting money and ruining the lives of people who are not proven guilty.

Lets assume for a moment Andrew is innocent. Can he prove that? Will people believe him if he, the guy with a bad public image and stupid behavior, says he is innocent? The public thinks he is guilty - without any evidence that he did anything illegal.

When I think about myself and my friends in Thailand we all had lots of girls over the years. And we spent a lot of money, we had fun. Luckily none of us is super rich and famous. And luckily we live in Thailand. If we would have had our fun in America and if we would be rich and famous then I am sure some of the girls from many years ago would suddenly "remember" lots of details to extort us.

Reminds me of the Minty Python ‘witch sketch’.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Agree, but he / they, did put himself / themselves in that position.  Only Buddha knows how much Epstein extorted from all his clients.  Amassed quite the fortune for just being a pimp to the elite.

A recognized face, doing what some, themselves feel is socially unacceptable, ashamed of, expect to be blackmailed sooner or later.

For the blackmailer, it's high risk game, as many would make the problem simply disappear, once & for all.

Agree.

But of course Epstein might have been working on behalf an organization that can’t be ‘gotten rid of’.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I am concerned she should be on trial for extorting money and ruining the lives of people who are not proven guilty.

Lets assume for a moment Andrew is innocent. Can he prove that? Will people believe him if he, the guy with a bad public image and stupid behavior, says he is innocent? The public thinks he is guilty - without any evidence that he did anything illegal.

When I think about myself and my friends in Thailand we all had lots of girls over the years. And we spent a lot of money, we had fun. Luckily none of us is super rich and famous. And luckily we live in Thailand. If we would have had our fun in America and if we would be rich and famous then I am sure some of the girls from many years ago would suddenly "remember" lots of details to extort us.

Andrew has just declined to put forward his defence in court. Which would have afforded him the opportunity to directly question Guiffre account under oath.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think you're missing the point, Epstein specialized in under-age girls. Which to me is a big no-no. I would hope it would be for you as well.

IMO being a celebrity, and also an anachronism, should set a higher standard. If it doesn't, please tell me the point of having a royal family at all.

About the point of having a UK royal family: I am not from the UK and it's up to them over there. I don't see the point.

And about "underage" girls. I don't think giving a massage with 17 and getting paid for that is illegal in most countries. And as was mentioned in this thread a couple of times what is legally underage depends on the country. In some countries a 17 year old girl is underage, in others not. We don't talk about 13 year old girls here. They are definitely too young. But lots of (I think the majority) 17 year old girls have sex. It's not that they are suddenly in a bed with a guy and have no idea how that happened or what is happening.

Personally I certainly wouldn't touch a girl who is clearly too young to know what she is doing. I also have no interest in any of those girls. And I would never force a girl to do anything against her will. As far as I am concerned anybody who forces a person (rape) should be in jail or dead.

If a pretty 18 year old girl wants to make me happy I like that. And possibly I would also like it if she is 17. But obviously I would only engage with her if that would be legal in whatever location I am...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

We don't talk about 13 year old girls here. They are definitely too young. But lots of (I think the majority) 17 year old girls have sex. It's not that they are suddenly in a bed with a guy and have no idea how that happened or what is happening.

Is 14 yo too young as well? Because Epstein pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a girl of that age back in 2008.

Prince Andrew was pals with a convicted sex offender. How dumb or arrogant does he have to be, to think that was not going to come back at him big-time?

• Like 2

Just now, Denim said:

Was a bag placed over her head and was she forced against her will to go through customs and passport control to repeatedly meet a man she now says ( but not then ) abused her ?

Those who stick to the line that she was trafficked , insult the thousands of women that really are trafficked , against their will !!

Away with you faux outrage.

At age 17 she was not legally competent to consent to paid sex, by definition she was trafficked. 

Her record on helping the victims of sexual abuse and trafficking is solid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Away with you faux outrage.

At age 17 she was not legally competent to consent to paid sex, by definition she was trafficked. 

Her record on helping the victims of sexual abuse and trafficking is solid.

An apologist!

Who would have thought it.......

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Is 14 yo too young as well? Because Epstein pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a girl of that age back in 2008.

Prince Andrew was pals with a convicted sex offender. How dumb or arrogant does he have to be, to think that was not going to come back at him big-time?

Did you ever have a drink with a guy who was at some time in his life in jail? I know a couple of those guys. As far as I am concerned they got their punishment and once they are released that is history.

Obviously there are also a$#$le criminals out there. But there are also lots of a$#$le out there who are not criminals.

I guess with most girls 14 is too young. But then a long time ago I knew a Brazilian girl who told me she went out at night to have sex when she was 12. And according to her she did that because she was horny and she wanted to have sex (I met her when she was in her 20th).

I am sure many of us met girls who we thought are a lot older than they were actually. Should anybody have sex with a 14 years old? No. Could it possibly happen that there is one girl who looks with 14 a lot more mature? Yes.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

You earlier mentioned a ' Minty Python ' sketch  But I find your faux  woke stance reminiscent of Basil de Farmer.

A google search will clarify my point.

I’m not the subject of this thread.

Refer the Opening Post for a clues at to what is.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

According to some reporters. He is a very arrogant man who takes pleasure in 'being a Prince' and lording it over his inferiors (basically anyone who is not Royalty). I for one believe he is guilty because he believed he was above the law.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2