Improvements being made to Thailand Pass for convenience of travelers

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

As more and more countries go ahead towards a more normal situation its just a matter of time before Thailand will. Governments have to get used to the fact again that this "beautiful" tool for repression is coming to its end.

Or not.

Thailand is a very unique case, in the sense that:

- 1) It is not a Republic, it is a Kingdom, whoever shall not be named on these forums possesses Godwill rights on every aspects of what goes on within his Kingdom including the right to make you "disappear" at any whim.

- 2) The Kingdom of Thailand is Worldwide is known for being the criminal hub of the World, drug trafficking, sex trafficking, child trafficking and so on, so on.

These new controlling tools they now freshly have acquired in their possession are the very unique opportunity they have been actively been seeking, wanting, needing for years and years to control and curtail it all.

Now that they have all that technology at their disposal, they are not even remotely close to letting it go.

Thailand Pass is nothing but a poor excuse to use, misuse and abuse the technology they now have at their disposal, afterall why do you think they haven't already lifted it off after seeing the damage done to their economy? They are not stupid, they know exactly what they are doing.

Welcome to Chailand 2.0 sponsored by the CCP.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

I believe there is no quarantine for even one day in Philippines and Cambodia for fully-vaccinated tourists.

Can somebody confirm this?

Fully vaccinated foreign tourists can now enter the Philippines starting February 10. Main requirements include: acceptable proof of vaccination, valid return tickets, passport valid for at least six months, and insurance with a minimum coverage of USD 35,000.00

• Like 2

Maybe everyone needs to stop thinking of Covid as a disaster.   Actually, it's been pretty lucrative for some.   

The US - for example - had record bread lines at the same time as record profits on Wall Street.  This isn't a bad time to be in the travel insurance industry either apparently.     

And don't even get me started on price gouging . .  

Edited by ArtVandelay
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, bluejets said:

Test and Go....too much expense, too much uncertainty, too much inconvienience.

Will be back after it goes.

It is Thailand , land of U-turns but there was an article on BKK post where the GOVT was seeking to

- Cap price of PCRs at 900THB (which is far less what I paid in Italy in January - 150e as there was high demand due to omicron).

- Cap price of medical treatment for no symptoms / mild symptoms to something like 4K for 6 days 8K for longer than 7 days treatment;  allowing to quarantine home.

It is still not extremely cheap but it is not as expensive as it is today.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2264519/govt-sets-covid-treatment-payment-rates

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Walker88 said:

If I ever go out from and come back to Thailand, I'm opting for the Super Special Bespoke Elite 'Quality Tourist' Thai Pass Plus^2. It wasn't so much that they sold me on the 5 days in the SHA+Plus Mandarin Oriental in the 432,000 baht/night penthouse suite, nor the chauffeur-driven Rolls Phantom with the extended wheelbase that will greet me at Suvarnabhumi for the ride back to my riverfront den. No, it was when they told me the PCR tests will be conducted using a probe that has---rather than having a simple cotton tip (not even Sea Island cotton, by the way)---a shahtoosh ball.

One simply cannot put a price on the softest natural fiber in existence.

What is shahtoosh made of?

Image result for shahtoosh ball

Shahtoosh comes from the short, warm fleece of the rare Tibetan antelope, a species found almost exclusively in the Changtang area of Tibet, on the Tibetan Plateau. It takes four animals to provide enough wool for just one shahtoosh shawl or scarf.
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yep, it's inevitable that it will one day go.

They're not attempting to keep covid out because it's already everywhere in Thailand so I have to wonder why they're bothering at all?

This entire farcial procedure which has destroyed the tourism industry is not in place to protect the country from covid so why are they doing it?

There must be a reaso

Very soon pretty much nobody from Europe will be regarded as 'fully vaccinated' due to the period of time that has passed, what will they do then? Will they start insisting on quarantine again?

Indeed, but that's the EU countries playing games and breaking their promises to provaxxers. It's not something you can blame Thailand for.

The Thailand Pass reflects the Thai buraucracy's love for documents and steps in a process. It's labour-intensive,  very slow, expensive, and doesn't fit the needs of tourists who are certainly staying away until the Thailand Pass system is removed. It may take until the end of the year before the elderly decision-makers realise that they have made a mistake yet again. I imagine them saying at a meeting with Prayuth: "We're shocked that torusits are not flooding into Thailand in view of the wonderful Thailand Pass system! Why are they staying away? We don't understand."

• Haha 1

"...new entry pathway called TPHS ..."
" ...
comply with Thailand Pass’s Service Level Agreement (SLA)..."
" ...now adding the Thailand Pass Hotel subsystem to facilitate automatic approvals..." 
" Servers are being expanded for this new approach...."
"....a live chat function is being added..."
"... The Thailand Pass Hotel & Swab System (TPHS) needs just 10-15 minutes..."

Clearly, the got hold of The Book: "Sloganology: 
The Anatomy Of Slogans And Hundreds Of Famous Examples From Companies, Places, Politicians & Movies".  It can be ordered on Amazon here:  https://www.amazon.com/Sloganology-Hundreds-Examples-Companies-Politicians-ebook/dp/B003J35K46

• Like 2