Entering immigration bureau at changwattana

In most cases you only need to complete a form. If not they will do AKA rapid test so you can enter.

1 hour ago, Enquiry123 said:

Wondering if I could get extension. 

Did you get stamped in as a person with permanent residency? If you left the country after March of 2020 your immigrant visa and re-entry permit is still valid.

I was in Chaeng Watthana last week. I just had to fill out a form, that no contact with Covid infected happened the last two weeks and so on. Neither did I have to show a vac certificate nor a negative test result.

It's quite a useless procedure, but I guess they feel better doing it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In most cases you only need to complete a form. If not they will do AKA rapid test so you can enter.

Did you get stamped in as a person with permanent residency? If you left the country after March of 2020 your immigrant visa and re-entry permit is still valid.

The extension of the re-entry time for PR holders is still open.

I returned under the Thailand Pass system on 9 Dec 2021. When they saw both passport and PR book a snr office was called, he came quickly, spoke perfect English, all very pleasant, he instructed the officer manning the booth to stamp me in and he dictated some extra words for the office to write in (both books) in Thai. Something like  'admitted under xxx waiver'. No further questions asked, all smiles and happy to be of assistance. Done in 3 or 4 minutes. 

The whole subject is still showing on the Thai Imm website: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/home_en/

image.png.c5bf5cd6dfd0215809b98c4068f7b6f5.png

THE TEXT under the above graphic on the Imm. website is

Categories:News

An alien, who has been permitted to take up residency and has made evidence of notification for leaving the Kingdom in order to re-enter within one-year period.

An alien, who has been permitted to take up residency and has made evidence of notification for leaving the Kingdom in order to re-enter within one-year period by applying for an endorsement of re-entry permit which expired since 26 March 2020 onwards and is currently unable to return to the Kingdom,
will be granted an extension to the period of re-entry beyond one year until the period of time will be specified by the Immigration Bureau.

When I applied for the Thailand pass I reduced the size of my passport page a little and reduced the first 2 pages of my PR book to get all of that one one A4 page and submitted that with my TP application.