How do Thai women compare with Western women as a wife?

webfact

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If you are right, then why are most of the bad ladies concentrated in the US? 

The difference for many of us is staggering. The ability to embrace and manifest femininity alone is huge. I know few American gals that act feminine. Very few. 

Because they have bigger balls than the men!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

When the Thai lady tells you she wants a house/car/motorbike/motorbike for her parents/etc and you say yes, you are a "good man". When you say no you are "Cheap Charlie". When she's used up all the money you are "Stupid Falang".  It has always been my experience that the first question thai women ask of  a girlfriend is "did he buy you a house, did he buy you a car, and why not? if the answer to either is no, and how much does he give you every month. Never, not once did any of them ask her if she is happy. Falang are walking ATM and the majority of Thai women target us not because we are so handsome but because they know they have a good chance of being taken care of for life, will never have to work again, and can high nose it over their friends. 

Scratch a cynic and underneath you will find a disappointed idealist, or an informed realist.

It is Alot of pressure for a Thai girl to prove how good daughter she is, and everyone have a different take on it.

Quite happy with the family here, not stupid shameless bragging or showing off, do not drink, do not gamble, like to work for money, so easy to help out when needed. 

No sin sod even she do not have kids or previous married. 

Have said it many times, when you choose a girl, you choose a family or the whole package. 

Know the family and know her friends, you know the girl!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mar Hau said:

I am not a racist but you need to understand that most foreigner found their love with Isaan women. There are good and bad in every society but the general Issan intend to love ATMs on two legs and prefer not to walk to far to get to an ATM. This is not only my knowledge base but confirmed in general by Thais not myself. Well you need to ask the non Issan people. Again I have Issan friends that are totally different but one in a million. I refer to A) foreigners in general have Issan wifes, B) Issan people in general for of this mindset. Just an observation I have make the 32 years I live in this beautiful kingdom of Thailand. 

Desperate ladies do desperate things.  That’s why you can do better in Isaan.

3 hours ago, martand said:

Maybe because women have a completely different way of seeing things, which is very annoying and very interesting at the same time, yet somehow makes a man go ahead on some changes (either positive or negative of course). 

Sure, that is true.

And it's nice to have an intelligent conversation with a woman. In my experience there are very few women who are very intelligent and very pretty. Personally I chose the pretty one to be my gf/wife and I have those intelligent conversations with the often not so pretty intelligent women.

And obviously it is also possible to understand the differences between men and women by interacting and communicating with not so smart women.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

"A significant portion of Thai women and many other Asian women do not butterfly, as it’s just not a part of their culture. These women remain monogamous to their men".

I seem to remember a survey a few years ago saying that Thai women were the most adulterous women on the planet. 

65% of women and 55% of men.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai women know how to have fun. They generally also do not ever give a lot of hassle about low funds or being bored. 

Wow, Thai women don't mind low funds...????

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A significant portion of Thai women and many other Asian women do not butterfly, as it’s just not a part of their culture. These women remain monogamous to their men.

Seems like some surveys saying the opposite are completely wrong...:whistling:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I had an old Swedish friend who had a live-in Thai girlfriend for about 17 years. He said the main difference between her and a Swedish lady was that she would get up to make him breakfast every morning, whilst a Swedish lady probably wouldn't.

I think the main difference between Thai and Western ladies is that women's-lib and 'equality' is yet to arrive in Thailand.

If your girl provided more than you, and raised your living standard, would you make her breakfast every morning? What I had a western woman, we both made food for each other, now I do not even know what's in the kitchen. Both ways is good for me, when in Rome,,,,,,,,,

Now I take care of her financial, she take care of me with shopping, food, and control everything about the household. We have people working for us, both on the farm and cleaning, so we both benefit great to have more time for each other. 

Sharing is caring

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If your girl provided more than you, and raised your living standard, would you make her breakfast every morning? What I had a western woman, we both made food for each other, now I do not even know what's in the kitchen. Both ways is good for me, when in Rome,,,,,,,,,

Opposite for me .........

Brit wife did all the cooking and cleaning, refused sex.

Thai woman does no cooking or cleaning, agrees to sex.

I'm OK doing my own cooking and cleaning, but I prefer a woman with me for sex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, that is true.

And it's nice to have an intelligent conversation with a woman. In my experience there are very few women who are very intelligent and very pretty. Personally I chose the pretty one to be my gf/wife and I have those intelligent conversations with the often not so pretty intelligent women.

And obviously it is also possible to understand the differences between men and women by interacting and communicating with not so smart women.

What I found with Thai ladies is that conversation with them can be at a premium. Why? Because it's hard to make small talk with them about things that we would do with farang ladies, they don't have the same 'general knowledge', so it's harder to make small talk with them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Irishrogue said:

65% of women and 55% of men.

"

According to the survey, Thailand men are the most unfaithful in the world, with 54 percent of them admitting to cheating on their spouses. South Korea came in second with 34 percent, while Malaysia ranked number three with 33 percent.

The survey revealed that the top two countries with cheating women are Nigeria, with 62 percent, and Thailand, 59 percent.

39 percent of Malaysian women also confessed to having betrayed their partners. Russian women came fourth at 33 percent while Singaporeans are fifth at 19 percent.

An independent survey also conducted in Africa by AE affirms the fact that Nigeria with a polulation of over 160 million tops the chart for cheating women. Corruption and a general distrust amognst citizens is largely responsible for this.

According to the survey, Thailand men are the most unfaithful in the world, with 54 percent of them admitting to cheating on their spouses. South Korea came in second with 34 percent, while Malaysia ranked number three with 33 percent.

The survey revealed that the top two countries with cheating women are Nigeria, with 62 percent, and Thailand, 59 percent.

39 percent of Malaysian women also confessed to having betrayed their partners. Russian women came fourth at 33 percent while Singaporeans are fifth at 19 percent."

4 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

What I found with Thai ladies is that conversation with them can be at a premium. Why? Because it's hard to make small talk with them about things that we would do with farang ladies, they don't have the same 'general knowledge', so it's harder to make small talk with them.

I talk with them about cute rabbits and food and other important things in life. ????

The 15 Best Rabbit Breeds - A Complete Breed Guide to Adopting a Bunny

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why would you want to talk with women?

Do you discuss fashion and makeup tips?

I would want to talk about anything in general, small talk. I found that with Thai ladies anything beyond what's your name and where do you come from, and it's hard to find things to talk about. Examples: What's in the farang news, farang TV shows.

I have zero experience with western women, I've only ever dated Asian women, this is primarily because I've lived almost my entire adult life in Asia. That said, I also have never had any interest in western women, for many of the same reasons stated by others here, and I just don't find them physically attractive whatsoever.

As for monogamy, my lovely Thai wife of 20 years has a gik, and she allows me to play around as well. We're very honest with each other about it, and frankly, opening up our marriage has saved it and made it stronger than ever.

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Now I take care of her financial, she take care of me with shopping, food, and control everything about the household. We have people working for us, both on the farm and cleaning, so we both benefit great to have more time for each other. 

Sharing is caring

My old mate Bjorn was a $ millionaire, maybe 10 times over, his Thai lady was almost penniless, so that wasn't an issue.

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Opposite for me .........

Brit wife did all the cooking and cleaning, refused sex.

Thai woman does no cooking or cleaning, agrees to sex.

I'm OK doing my own cooking and cleaning, but I prefer a woman with me for sex.

Mine cleans the floors and does laundry, it'd be cheaper to hire a maid and hit the soapy now and again. I forked up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Most are as dumb as rocks which is why a lot of western men prefer them . I was married to a thai for 15 years ,lovely girl but the miss understandings and still not being able to properly have a conversation (shes fluent in english) got me in the end . I have gone back to western and love having a proper conversation and there being no cultural miss understandings . 

Regardless of whether they are a miss, a mrs, or a ms, stay away from the understandings as they are a very bad lot.

7 hours ago, sipi said:

How do Thai women compare to Western women as a wife?

This is so much BS, doesn't ASEAN NOW have more important news to report like the constant rise in daily cases of the ChinaVirus? To the topic at hand it is all about credit ratings in the West and the economic condition of THAI woman.

• Confused 1

I'm fortunate in that all my wife's close family are working and in reasonable jobs. 

But. 

Earn it, spend it. 

If  When anything unexpected happens, there are no savings.  So, the "Bank of Farrang" comes into play for loans.  Thus far, all have been repaid on time - when one isn't, then I've learnt a cheap lesson.

ALWAYS consider the family when marrying a Thai; if they look like the sort of people you wouldn't associate with, they probably are.   If they are decent working people, like you're used to - just browner and speak a different tongue, they're probable decent people. 

The family is where your new wife learned her core values.

Me, very happy, but this whole subservient Thai women nonsense does not apply in my home.  If I put my foot down, then things happen as I want.  Otherwise, she's the boss at home.  It works for us anyway.  But, I have to control money, "earn it, spend it" is ingrained in her and we could be poor if I allowed her full access to bank accounts. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 10baht said:

This is so much BS, doesn't ASEAN NOW have more important news to report like the constant rise in daily cases of the ChinaVirus? To the topic at hand it is all about credit ratings in the West and the economic condition of THAI woman.

ASEAN going tabloid.

Wondering what Sheryl thinks of the topic? She must be impressed.

It's hit and miss, just like any marriage.  I have avoided hookers in the six years I have lived in Thailand and have noticed that regular women with full-time jobs are just as untrustworthy as bar girls. Your experience may be different. Perhaps I just have lousy taste in women. ????

• Like 1