‘Democracy leads to inequality,’ says government textbook, sparking public outrage over potential propaganda

webfact

9 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

I'm exhausted of being right every single time;

If you've read me on several other topics across these forums, I made it very clear that Thai pupils attending schools were being brainwashed by very selective training at hating foreigners by creating a false sense of superiority, denouncing human rights, rejecting democracy, promoting nepotism again and again.

If you all still needed a proof, there you have it.

I'd hate to say it again, yet here we are again; "Told you so".

Thailand brainwashing it's children, one generation at a time.

This Kingdom is going backwards.

That's exactly the point. 

Change the name of Bangkok, then the country. Next its an absolute monarchy. 

Need to get the kids compliant first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nsp64 said:

That's exactly the point. 

Change the name of Bangkok, then the country. Next its an absolute monarchy. 

Need to get the kids compliant first.

Of course, why make it simple and straightforward when you can make it over complicated?

Bangkok was named, well... Bangkok for the rest of the entire World.

Let's rename it something harder to memorize for the rest of the World while we're at it!

Idiots.

• Like 1

“Human beings are born with different capacities.
If they are free, they are not equal.
And if they are equal, they are not free.
-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You see, the trouble is that you are "qualifying democracy", only allowing candidates who are approved, candidates who fulfill certain criteria. Then we have to face the question how do we establish the criteria? Control of those criteria, put crudely, allows manipulation of democracy. We saw that in the way in which Future Forward were forced out after the last "election".

I'm sorry but the only way out of this enduring mess here is simple democracy. The person/party who wins the election gets to govern, and face re-election at the end of a specified and immutable term. The only basic debarring criteria to standing should be genuine criminal convictions (and I am not convinced about that), not ones engineered by political opponents. Age, wealth, political experience and religious conviction are only relevant in as much that they may attract support from some voters.

Now of course, inevitably that will result in people one does not like getting elected, but that is the nature of democratic politics. "The people decide - the bastards!"

The alternative fakes and fudges, especially when as allied to corruption, nepotism and cronyism as they are here, will simply continue to increasingly alienate and frustrate the people until the bubble bursts.

If you look at the regimes which do manage to hold their people in thrall, they are almost certainly countries which have never had freedom, and have managed to deny/control their populations access to the outside world - North Korea for example. Even authoritarian sophisticated one party states such as China are struggling with that.

That would work with a population of well educated and free thinking people.  

But the reality is most of the population in most countries are I'll educated and dumb, being easily manipulated by social media and the media..which are often linked to the government.

I don't know what the answer is. 

A very large country like China would break up if it became democratic. The only reason it has survived as one country for Thousands of years is because it isn't a democracy and never has been. The Communist party is just the new version of the ruling class of China. Thailand appears to be trying to follow China. In a democracy money talks, the poor have to gather many followers to afford to run in elections and get justice, the rich merely buy them. So there is an element of truth in the statement however unelected governments which give preferential treatment to the wealthy are no better. At least China prosecutes the wealthy which is what scares some of the so called democracies in the west.

Edited by RobU

14 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

That's why the current administration wants to make it for at least 20 years, that is enough to brainwash a generation. The previous one became awake and modern, or was on the way at least, so was Thailand.

One can easily see that when talking or interacting with Thais of different age:

over 50 yrs. old: can speak some English, more often than not polite to foreigners, may have travelled abroad

10-50 yrs. old: lots of prejudices towards 'outsiders', like to crack jokes about 'dirty falang' or 'thieving Burmese', programmed to be nationalistic and subservient to government authority, lack of foreign language skills, and 'outside world' mostly seen through lens of Thai TV

under 10 yrs. old: afraid of foreigners thanks to indoctrination by school and parents (famous topic in school books: '(French) foreigners stole part of our country'), unaware of outside world

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The alternative fakes and fudges, especially when as allied to corruption, nepotism and cronyism as they are here, will simply continue to increasingly alienate and frustrate the people until the bubble bursts.

Sounds a lot like democracy when it has been tried in Thailand.

2 hours ago, RobU said:

The Communist party is just the new version of the ruling class of China.

This is essentially what communism is. A group of people using Marxist ideology to shift power from the current ruling elite to themselves.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

I'm exhausted of being right every single time;

If you've read me on several other topics across these forums, I made it very clear that Thai pupils attending schools were being brainwashed by very selective training at hating foreigners by creating a false sense of superiority, denouncing human rights, rejecting democracy, promoting nepotism again and again.

If you all still needed a proof, there you have it.

I'd hate to say it again, yet here we are again; "Told you so".

Thailand brainwashing it's children, one generation at a time.

This Kingdom is going backwards.

why don't you run for the scotish supreme court chef lawyer?

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

One can easily see that when talking or interacting with Thais of different age:

over 50 yrs. old: can speak some English, more often than not polite to foreigners, may have travelled abroad

10-50 yrs. old: lots of prejudices towards 'outsiders', like to crack jokes about 'dirty falang' or 'thieving Burmese', programmed to be nationalistic and subservient to government authority, lack of foreign language skills, and 'outside world' mostly seen through lens of Thai TV

under 10 yrs. old: afraid of foreigners thanks to indoctrination by school and parents (famous topic in school books: '(French) foreigners stole part of our country'), unaware of outside world

I wish I could "upvote" and "like" your post more than just once.

20 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Sobering to read that states designed their education system to curtail, cancel or influence young minds to suit their political agenda. 

And to continue in plundering the country because of the greedy lust for piling money into their offshore bank accounts at the expensive of ordinary citizens.

On 2/19/2022 at 2:25 AM, webfact said:

“Democracy leads to income and social inequality,”

Yep. Those who 'can,' get ahead. Those who 'can't,' are just relegated to 'getting by.' Marxism's attempt to equal things out, taking from the capable and giving to the incapable -- didn't quite work out: Having such a disincentive to succeed financially was the downfall of the Soviet Union. China learned from this flaw in Marxism -- and changed course.

The imperfections of democracy need to be managed. Singapore does this -- with great success. The US, when established, did this by trying to limit voting to the educated, i.e., white, male, land and business owners. This evaporated when the 'left' successfully argued for universal suffrage. Thus, every  tom, dick, harry, and mary got the vote. Now, white, chubby, balding uneducated males, with red caps, and leopard skinned females, with double chins -- drive how America approaches democracy today.

Thailand? With the added factor of the Monarchy, Thailand needs to also have a managed democracy that encompasses the full package of Thai society. Take the best from the West -- and from the Chinese model of incentivizing its entrepreneurs -- to get a unique Thai model of government.

I am beginning to feel that Thailand should simply accept permanent military rule. As long as there is a military, you will have coups. Costa Rica solved this problem many years ago by abolishing a standing military. When none of the neighboring countries wants to invade you, it just makes sense. It is pointless to keep electing governments only to have them tossed out of office the moment one of the "elite" is dissatisfied. Have local elections but let the military run the government. Democracy can never be understood by Thai people.

On 2/19/2022 at 6:02 AM, candide said:

The good side of it is that, the Thai education system being inefficient, pupils will likely not learn that either.

And add that they have not been in school for nearly two years with most of them just playing games or lazing around. Not much chance of them being able to read anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

I am beginning to feel that Thailand should simply accept permanent military rule. As long as there is a military, you will have coups. Costa Rica solved this problem many years ago by abolishing a standing military. When none of the neighboring countries wants to invade you, it just makes sense. It is pointless to keep electing governments only to have them tossed out of office the moment one of the "elite" is dissatisfied. Have local elections but let the military run the government. Democracy can never be understood by Thai people.

They dont understand mu h about anything really.

Apart from how superior they are and how the world envies them.

• Haha 2