Advice needed UK Visitor Visa for Thai girlfriend .Which I have only known for 3 months.

In Australia what they really like to see is you have funds or a sponsor to provide funds, own land and have proof of a long relationship. Owning land is a reason to return to Thailand. And keep her away from other Thai women expats (most will be ex bar workers) +50

• Like 2

I would imagine they will be looking at you as having a 3 week Chrsitmas fling - and now want a 6 month visitor visa, with her having absolutely no reasons to return to Thailand. Land ownership will mean nothing - unless maybe she is doing something with it - maybe if she is returning to harvest something, that could work. Car will mean absolutely nothing - she could be living in it for all immigration know. Does she have a decent rent agreement with history of paying rent ?  She basically does not own the bars as they are not registered and telling immigration that will make her look like a criminal ! And any income if the bars are not registered would be showing no taxable income and again looking like tax avoidance.

That said , I dare say if you have tons of money in the bank it may be worth a try, but personally I cannot see it working  . But I still wish you well in any attempt.

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 2

As someone suggested I would definitely use a 'good' agent.

Go ahead and apply, but why tell them you have only known each other for three months?

Or you could do what I did and get married (after just three days).......still married after 16 years).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

As someone suggested I would definitely use a 'good' agent.

Go ahead and apply, but why tell them you have only known each other for three months?

Or you could do what I did and get married (after just three days).......still married after 16 years).

I had a couple of bad experiences with agents here. Promise you the world and give u an atlas. Theyre not cheap either. They tell u anything to get your money. There's no nudge nudge wink wink, heres a couple of thousand applying for a foreign visa. They have no one they can bribe or whatever. All they can do is sort the paperwork out and present it on your behalf, and you will have to provide much of that yourself anyway and give to her. Cost you about 10 to 18k thb for nothing but a bit of admin and the hope she has someone on the inside...and she just wont

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

I had a couple of bad experiences with agents here. Promise you the world and give u an atlas. Theyre not cheap either. They tell u anything to get your money. There's no nudge nudge wink wink, heres a couple of thousand applying for a foreign visa. They have no one they can bribe or whatever. All they can do is sort the paperwork out and present it on your behalf, and you will have to provide much of that yourself anyway and give to her. Cost you about 10 to 18k thb for nothing but a bit of admin and the hope she has someone on the inside...and she just wont

Wouldn't disagree. We had a (I think) a good one, much cheaper than you quote, but she was based in Chaiyaphum. 

After years of doing visas for the wife, I got fed up last time and just handed everything to the agent.......and then with covid we never ßloody used the visa.

How long you know her makes no difference, in fact she don't need to know you at all to apply for one. Which leads me to believe that this is a troll thread designed to get the dog howling. 

The only thing she needs to do is convince the immigration officer at het interview that she is coming back, If she can do that, she will get a visa. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

The only thing she needs to do is convince the immigration officer at het interview that she is coming back, If she can do that, she will get a visa. 

There are no interviews for Standard Visit Visas, applications are normally decided on the strength of the application and supporting evidence.

1 minute ago, theoldgit said:

There are no interviews for Standard Visit Visas, applications are normally decided on the strength of the application and supporting evidence.

Must be like Australia, no interviews for any visas now. Which is a PITA as some of the visas are $10000+, non returnable and be nice to get an idea of likely eligibility before parting with the hard earned  

3 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Thank you, That's good to know, in case I get a GF and want to take her to the

UK. ????

As far as I know there is one for a tourist visa for the US, and I assumed there was one for the UK,

So I guess then she will have to convince the Immigration officer with supporting documents.

Guest Isaanlife
21 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Bro hate to say it, but all sounds like a recipe for disaster. Id be asking myself how she got the bars, and I bet it wasnt hard honest graft. These meet for a few days / week and then back home for a few months long distance relationships really magnify and distort ur feelings, like an ache in the guts. Please forgive me and ignore what Ive said if you are certain of what you are doing or more to the story, but I am sure many would tell you sounds like a classic copy book Thailand story of going down the rabbit hole of disaster. Best of luck with whatever u decide my friend

"Going down the rabbit hole of disaster"

Great one!

• 2 weeks later...

If all goes well and she gets the visa and you have shown booked flights for eg to uk 1/××/2022 and back to Thailand 30/××/2022. Do not decide to stay another 4/5/6 weeks past the return date. If you do want/need to extend email to uk Imm' with why, how, where etc etc and keep a copy of the email and any reply. If you stay longer than the dates you stated on the application they will know and it could cause rejection for any other visa application.

Edited by overherebc