COVID infection risk raised back to ‘Level 4’ in Thailand

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well if you are more sure than a qualified doctor and think they are intent on upping covid numbers then I'll not debate the matter further....

Having a proir heart disease if that was the case and then catching covid and dying as a result is more common than you think.

Coronavirus: what it means for you if you have heart or circulatory disease

Our medical experts answer questions about how the Covid-19 coronavirus can affect people with heart disease

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health#:~:text=Anyone with a heart condition,re at particularly high risk.

What I say, and I repeat, is that I know more than you about the specific case. I am not going to give more particulars. If you want to defend the position that all covid-related deaths are directly due to covid, it's your act of faith. Good day.

23 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

What I say, and I repeat, is that I know more than you about the specific case. I am not going to give more particulars. If you want to defend the position that all covid-related deaths are directly due to covid, it's your act of faith. Good day.

Sure i accept you are aware of more details, just pointing out that prior heart problems are a high risk underlying condition that covid can make worse and covid itself can cause new heart problems and even a heart attack. Its certainly not a case of what I believe, its what reputable scientific studies and health professionals state. Not sure they have incentives to skew those facts

• Like 2

23 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Your reasoning is flawed. You are effectively comparing (january to january) the total number of 2021 against total 2020. We know there was a wave of Delta in 2021 and that was deadly indeed - also because of poor vaccination - in Thailand. I am not denying that.

But the discussion here is about the current situation, with Omicron. You will need to show the final number in 2022 (available January 2023) to prove your point.

No. The figures I posted were only for January 2022 compared to January 2021, as the figure shows. 

48,377 -46,685=1,692

The total number of excess deaths during the previous wave (April to December 2021) was 65,291 compared to the same period of time in 2020.

There is no other identified cause which can explain these excess deaths.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2022 at 6:31 AM, spidermike007 said:

It has become apparent they need Covid, in order to maintain control and keep the oppression in place. They know their days are nundered, after failing the paople to the extent they have. 

I know countless people who have gotten Omi. They all had mild cold like symptoms, it disappeared quickly, and they had no long term side effects. 

If they had Omicron as you say, how would you know anything about long term effects ? 

On 2/22/2022 at 10:50 AM, johnarth said:

I have to laugh people still think there is a difference between vaccinated and UN vaccinated, and the experts say that a new vaccine is needed for the new covid virus, so get ready to roll your sleeves up again

Would these "experts" you quote be of the Youtube or Facebook experts ? ????

On 2/22/2022 at 8:28 AM, JonnyF said:

Ridiculous. I thought Thailand was number 1 in the world in dealing with Covid? So why the increase? 

Even long termers here are dropping like flies now. I know 3 people who have left in the last month. Tourism is in the toilet, and they INCREASE the level? Wow. The administration just goes from bad to worse.

May I correct you:

"The NON-administration just goes from bad to worse.

15 hours ago, neverere said:

If they had Omicron as you say, how would you know anything about long term effects ? 

Well, several of the people I know who got Covid, had long term effects from Delta. Prolonged fatigue, continued loss of smell and taste, and other issues. NOBODY I know who has caught OMI has suffered any of this. Very mild symptoms for a few days, then it is gone. Poof. Finito. So, it appears infinitely milder, less lethal, and less harmful. And it does appear to be the beginning of the end of this scourge. That is all good. Bottom line, it is time to stop the panic, ease the fear, stop the repression of society, and move on.

Prayuth, you had your moment, and you worked it to maximum effect, in terms of your protection rackets, and your schemes. Now, time to resign. 

Edited by spidermike007

Not really related to thread however I have a "what would you do question".

So I've just come down with flu like symptoms.

I don't ever have that. Not once in 10 years here so it's atypical. 

So to the what would you do?

Go get a rapid test and if positive be told to rest up at home.

OR ...Don't get a test and rest up at home. 

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, several of the people I know who got Covid, had long term effects from Delta. Prolonged fatigue, continued loss of smell and taste, and other issues. NOBODY I know who has caught OMI has suffered any of this. Very mild symptoms for a few days, then it is gone. Poof. Finito. So, it appears infinitely milder, less lethal, and less harmful. And it does appear to be the beginning of the end of this scourge. That is all good. Bottom line, it is time to stop the panic, ease the fear, stop the repression of society, and move on.

Prayuth, you had your moment, and you worked it to maximum effect, in terms of your protection rackets, and your schemes. Now, time to resign. 

Since Omicron has only been around for a couple of months don't you think it a bit soon to dismiss it having any long term effects ?

Anybody in the Thai government paying attention to science? Maybe those doing the advising have a conflict of interest? Propagating more fear instead of celebrating Omicron as a "highly effective vaccine" in itself, due to it's relatively low symptoms is baffling to me. Mds, scientists and virologists ALL agree now that Omicron, except for those with comorbidities, is no worse than a bad cold AND if infected, gives those infected robust immunity. Bill Gates on CNBC even said:
Gates said "the worst effects have faded as huge swathes of the global population have gained some level of immunity. Its severity has also waned with the latest omicron variant.

Gates said that in many places that was due to virus itself, which creates a level of immunity, and has “done a better job of getting out to the world population than we have with vaccines.”

In an interview with CNBC's Hadley Gamble at Germany’s annual Munich Security Conference, the billionaire said the novel coronavirus has spread to enough of the population that the "risks are dramatically reduced because of that exposure."

The omicron variant, first discovered in South Africa, spread like wildfire in the United States after it was detected around the holiday season. Gates said that the strain, which is known to cause less severe disease but remains highly transmissible, has beat out health officials administering vaccines to the public and infected individuals. 

The chance of severe disease, which is mainly associated with being elderly and having obesity or diabetes, those risks are now dramatically reduced because of that infection exposure,” he said.

Thai government officials appear to be lagging behind the news and need to stay up to date on the actual "science".