Pattaya City officials investigate alleged public parking fee scams at Bali Hai Pier

webfact

1645556367766-696x392.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-Pattaya City officials visited Bali Hai Pier yesterday, February 22nd, to follow up on reports from local residents and domestic tourists of unscrupulous individuals allegedly charging for parking around the pier.

The group of officials inspecting the pier were led by Mr. Pattana Boonsawad, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya City, along with his staff and assistants.

According to Mr. Pattana, the public parking areas around the pier and heading towards the lighthouse were free of charge and meant to be a convenience for visitors to the pier.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/23/pattaya-city-officials-investigate-alleged-public-parking-fee-scams-at-bali-hai-pier/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-23

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya, Thailand-Pattaya City officials visited Bali Hai Pier yesterday, February 22nd, to follow up on reports from local residents and domestic tourists of unscrupulous individuals allegedly charging for parking around the pier.

Fake news surely?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If they cannot find a prostitute in one of the biggest red light cities on the planet, finding a con artist parking attendant I would say is well beyond their ability 

Richard Richard Richard....

How many times do you have to be told they are giving away free condoms...its the lessons on how to use them that cost.

• Haha 1

It isn't  jyst at bali hai peir.  They are doing it all over Pattaya.  We had to govto the police station last nightvafter someone took their own chain and locked my girls tires on her truck. Dragged it away.  Not the police but some kwai. Any way we went to police and the police ruked in my girls favor, as the kwai put up signs after he scammed and dragged away the truck. Then we had to calll insurance  appraiser as the kwai damaged hervrims.  So he wanted to scam 500thb.  He now has to pay for damages  to her truck, and the insurance  companies  involved so I hope the con gets charged even more for his greed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A common scam in Thailand. And if you refuse to pay then you'll probably return and find your vehicle damaged. They operate everywhere, in every village where there's a fair or temple gathering. Self-appointed 'guards'. Just part of the culture.

Used to happen outside Celtic Park in Glasgow too. "Watch yer car fer a pound mister?", and if you didn't give them a pound they would key your car or slash your tyres. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Used to happen outside Celtic Park in Glasgow too. "Watch yer car fer a pound mister?", and if you didn't give them a pound they would key your car or slash your tyres. 

Ditto Maine Road Manchester.  I paid up but I imagine the Scots parking in Edinburgh and walking in.