Khon Kaen follows Buriram in announcing more Covid-19 restrictions

snoop1130

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZSBGY76DS2sW4bDbAcMCOPAUTY7Apt.jpg

PHOTO: Thairath

Khon Kaen authorities today, February 23rd, released an announcement of the ban of alcohol beverage sales in all restaurants and the organization of events that include a large gathering of more than 50 people due to the significant rise of Covid-19 cases in the province.

Provincial Governor Somsak Changtrakul said that the Communicable Disease Control Committee of Khon Kaen Province had agreed to temporarily suspend the sale of alcoholic drinks in 26 districts, including three pilot tourist blue zone areas, in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19 Coronavirus after the number of infections continued to increase.

He further stated that the organization of activities that previously allowed no more than 100 people had to be reduced to not more than 50 people. Any activities that exceeded the allowed number must be permitted by the district officials.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/23/khon-kaen-follows-buriram-in-announcing-more-covid-19-restrictions-including-alcohol-sales-ban-at-restaurants-and-no-gatherings-of-more-than-fifty-people/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-23

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Maybe this is lost in translation, I think "in an attempt" would be a better phrase, however I'm sure these people believe their own stupid rules work.

They certainly  believed them in Holland and France and NZ...etc etc...Despite evidence to the contrary all over the world authorities acted just as the Thai authorities are doing.....and still are. Only last week when England announced and end to covid regulations the PM was roundly criticised...Let's hope there is light at the end of the tunnel everywhere...

22 minutes ago, connda said:

Yep.  This is about control, and controlling Thais alcohol consumption seems to be at the top of the Thai ruling elite's list of prohibited activities.  There will never be plans to step away from New Normal as New Normal means Orwellian control for the controllers. Countries world-wide, including Thailand, will embrace increasingly authoritarian measures until 'democracy' is a label used to obfuscate the actual totalitarianism that will become the means to rule the common classes.

Thanks, George Orwell ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

So you can sit at a table and eat but must not drink as that might cause the increase in infection?

That's been the case throughout the pandemic as Thailand continues its war on alcohol. Everyone puritan knows that it's alcohol that spreads the virus, whereas food is safe to consume.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Norvabc said:

They are all following the same rules bought and paid for. I mean have you everknown a pandemic so bad that if you mention it on social media a warning pops up. My what these viruses are capable of nowadays. My Doctors surgery says I have to ware a mask till Thursday. After that the vius won't strike nomask needed. What modern science can do.

It appears you too have an agenda but no medical or scientific training.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Norvabc said:

They are all following the same rules bought and paid for. I mean have you everknown a pandemic so bad that if you mention it on social media a warning pops up. My what these viruses are capable of nowadays. My Doctors surgery says I have to ware a mask till Thursday. After that the vius won't strike nomask needed. What modern science can do.

Just call it what it is .The Chinese flu and you'll be right