Covid deaths among unvaccinated rises but Thailand still doing better than region

webfact

From the main story;

"Over the past seven days, the number of Covid deaths per one million population in Thailand was three compared to 12 in Japan, eight in Singapore, seven in South Korea, seven in Malaysia, six in Vietnam, six in the Philippines and 4 in Indonesia."

That statement is only valid if all the countries are reporting truthfully and using the same criteria for deciding what is a covid death and what is a death from other causes but BTW they also had covid when they died.

• Like 2

That is a lot of data and is the sort of key data that western countries publish openly and frequently and is readily available 

One very key omission from the data is which vaccine people had received when they reference first two doses - something I believe they would not want the public to know 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Some useful statistics that everyone wanted and shows the need for continued vaccinations in those who had none and for boosters. 

I note in the linked report that they claim 27.7% of over 60's have received a booster shot. That conflicts with the other reports they issued yesterday which clearly state that the figure of 27.7% is for everybody thats been boosted.

Yesterdays WHO Thailand update broke it down and for the over 60's its actually only 22.1% 

Thailand needs to be quicker in its booster roll out for this age group and in general.

Thats not going to happen.

IMO They don't want to spend the money on boosters.  And when they do its never enough.

Its been half baked the entire pandemic.

Children's Pfeizer shots finally arrived today in Sakon Nakhon.

Get the government out of running the vaccinations.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Thats not going to happen.

IMO They don't want to spend the money on boosters.  And when they do its never enough.

Its been half baked the entire pandemic.

Children's Pfeizer shots finally arrived today in Sakon Nakhon.

Get the government out of running the vaccinations.

Yep, our 7 year old got her vax today, yet there are older people not getting their boosters, I say that because at the local hospital that I went to on the 14th of this month, at 8am, I was the first one in the cue, got my booster and took a seat for 30 minutes before they said I could go.

In that 30 minutes, only two other people got a shot, and they were younger than 40, one was her 1st.

Go back to August and September when one had to wait a couple of hours with scores of people waiting to get vaxed, now since Omicron came along, a lot of the elderly have let their guard down thinking two shots is enough IMO, which it's not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

our 7 year old got her vax today

Good for her.  

Our 7 year girl has been doing pretty good and is being quite the trooper!

As you mentioned teenagers haven't been able to get there second Pfeizer shot in our village for over 2 months now.

I don't think they have enough once again.

Hope your little girl is doing well.

Good for her!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Still in the US, I quote "But there are rare cases in which a gunshot victim who tests positive gets thrown into the official count." (politico.com)

I also remember quite well that at least at some point in Belgium they were counting as covid any death in a retirement home, regardless.

No, they are not stupid. But there are economic/political interests at work.

To be fair, there were of course also real covid victims who are not counted as such because of lack of tests, medical expertise, and so on.

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced / unsubstantiated claims removed
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Still in the US, I quote "But there are rare cases in which a gunshot victim who tests positive gets thrown into the official count." (politico.com)

For some reason, you chose not to include the very next sentence in the Politico article you're quoting from:

"It’s far likelier that there is an undercount of Covid deaths, rather than an overcount. People who don’t die in hospitals, say in nursing homes or prisons or in their homes, may never have been tested before dying."

8 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Good for her.  

Our 7 year girl has been doing pretty good and is being quite the trooper!

As you mentioned teenagers haven't been able to get there second Pfeizer shot in our village for over 2 months now.

I don't think they have enough once again.

Hope your little girl is doing well.

Good for her!

Good one.

We prepare each and everyone of our kids well beforehand so they know what to expect, a little pinch, so they learn to relax the muscle and count to three when being injected and it's over, all smiles with the youngest yesterday, a real trooper.

Interesting you say that about the teenagers, all of ours teenagers got their 2nd doses in November and December, 3 weeks after their 1st Pfizer doses.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Good one.

We prepare each and everyone of our kids well beforehand so they know what to expect, a little pinch, so they learn to relax the muscle and count to three when being injected and it's over, all smiles with the youngest yesterday, a real trooper.

Interesting you say that about the teenagers, all of ours teenagers got their 2nd doses in November and December, 3 weeks after their 1st Pfizer doses.

I'll enquire with my wife.

I know she mentioned one of our cousins (teen boy).  It could be just laziness on his part.  Seems rampant (lazy) in our village amongst the boys.

• Like 1

Just now, MrJ2U said:

I'll enquire with my wife.

I know she mentioned one of our cousins (teen boy).  It could be just laziness on his part.  Seems rampant (lazy) in our village amongst the boys.

Yeh, nah, if we left it to the teenagers they would still be locked into their iPad's and the like, so it would be push, push, and more push from us.

Take Thai statistics with a pinch of salt. One reason why very few deaths among triple vaxxed people is because most have only had the last vax recently, so only a small cohort and time period for them to get sick. Excess deaths are 2.5 times higher than the total reported Covid deaths, that in itself is a caution as to accuracy of Thai statistics.

Positive side - in Udon Thani, the local government has been pretty good at vaccinating people, nearly everyone who wanted them has had 2 shots, many have had 3. Typically about 100 or so cases reported a day, but no deaths for about a week. 10 year old daughter vaxxed last week (pfizer).

I am still waiting for my booster. I had Moderna, told i have to wait 6 months before booster. damn! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I also remember quite well that at least at some point in Belgium they were counting as covid any death in a retirement home, regardless.

No, they are not stupid. But there are economic/political interests at work.

To be fair, there were of course also real covid victims who are not counted as such because of lack of tests, medical expertise, and so on.

You are trying to invent a conspiracy theory to account for the 6 million Covid deaths. 

Remind us why a politician would want to overstate the number of Covid deaths. More to the point, what’s the point of overstating Covid deaths by 5%, if a politician wants to make an impact, they should overstate by 100%.