No travel restrictions during Songkran this year

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Positive on Monday night. (I do regular RAT testing.)

I am over 70 years old and have two chronic diseases. According to previous edicts from the government I should be in ICU or dead. I am in self quarantine at home.

My symptoms are that of a very bad cold. Coughing, sneezing, slight temperature, sore throat etc.

After 3 days it is just the sore throat and no temperature.

In my opinion, the vaccine 'cocktails' work.

Well done.

Were you taking anything for it during you self quarantine.

Stay safe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Wife had this message on her phone yesterday, anyone else read similar??

#Nakhon Pathom is already dark red ¡¡¡¡

urgent !!!

Assistant Spokesperson of the BOE announced the 28th requirement to close additional locations in the dark red area.

1. All types of stadiums, both indoor and outdoor.
2. Swimming pool for sports public swimming pool
3. Sports Ground
4. Exhibition centers, convention centers, exhibition venues
5. Learning Center Science Park Art Gallery
6. Public Library community library private library
7. Museum, archaeological site
8. Child Development Center and preschool children
9. Beauty salons, barbershops, hairdressing salons, nail salons, tattoo parlors
10. Public parks, botanical gardens
The dark red areas of 28 provinces are:
1 Tak,
2 Nonthaburi,
3 Pathum Thani,
4 Phra Nakhon Ayutthaya,
5 Saraburi,
6 Lopburi,
7Singburi,
8 Angthong,
9 Nakhon Nayok,
10 Kanchanaburi,
11 Nakhon Pathom,
12 Ratchaburi,
13Suphanburi,
14 Prachuap Khiri Khan,
15 Phetchaburi,
16 Samut Sakhon,
17 Samut Songkhram,
18 Sa Kaeo,
19 Prachinburi,
20 Chachoengsao,
21 Samut Prakan,
22 Chanthaburi,
23 Chonburi,
24 Trat,
25 Rayong,
26 Chumphon,
27 Ranong
28Bangkok

Looks more like a notice for the  previous round of restrictions. That's a strange one. I dont think there is any dark red zones anymore. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Personally, I believe that they are. (2 x AZ and 1 x Pfizer)

I work in the tourism industry and I have quite a few guests, villa owners etc who have had Covid. I have kept it at bay all of last year until now. Positive on Monday night. (I do regular RAT testing.)

I am over 70 years old and have two chronic diseases. According to previous edicts from the government I should be in ICU or dead. I am in self quarantine at home.

My symptoms are that of a very bad cold. Coughing, sneezing, slight temperature, sore throat etc.

After 3 days it is just the sore throat and no temperature.

In my opinion, the vaccine 'cocktails' work.

To all of the anti vaccine people out there, remember the guy who fell off the top of the Empire State building.

As he passed the 17th floor, he was heard to be saying - so far so good!

Stay safe people.

And according to this report https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/got-a-covid-booster-you-probably-wont-need-another-for-a-long-time/ar-AAU8i8L?li=BBnb7Kz three shots mRNA are good for quite a long time. I am keeping my eyes open for any other reports on this.

• Haha 1

If the positive rates are still high at that time.  This will increase them even more.

From some of the comments in the forums .  It seems that hanging out in a bar takes priority over everything. A lot of issues seem to center around booze.  I guess drinking is the major activity for some. 

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Just let it fly.  This could be the super spreader event that we've all been waiting for.  The sooner we get to the peak, the sooner we're over it.  (As long as all those vaccines are good.)

"The 'cron abides man..."

Let the cull of party animals begin! 

The last year they did bar travel on 10.04 saturday, Many started their journey on friday, to avoid traffic. 
Many booked their tickets, hotels. 
That was already too late to change travel plans. 
At entering their province they had to take test for 500b. 
The third wave was already underway, with z daily jump 100% on 5.04 from 100 to 200 infections. From there figures rose within days to thousands. 
Almost nobody was vaxed yet. 

Too early to predict how long this wave will last. And what would be infection rate at time just before songkran. If in hundreds of thousands and around 100 hundred perish daily, they should cancel songkran. 
They should have clear plan made public what restrictions there would be depending on level of infections. 
So people wont be that disappointed with sudden changes

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

If the positive rates are still high at that time.  This will increase them even more.

From some of the comments in the forums .  It seems that hanging out in a bar takes priority over everything. A lot of issues seem to center around booze.  I guess drinking is the major activity for some. 

Does help forget the whole issue somewhat, mines a pint.

36 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

You had better believe it!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said, however, that it is not possible for the celebration to be totally normal, noting that social gatherings, parties and other high-risk activities will still be prohibited, but inter-provincial travel will not.

It is the inter-provincial travel that scares the locals. 

Social gatherings, parties and other high-risk activities defines Song Kran at it's core.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Just let it fly.  This could be the super spreader event that we've all been waiting for.  The sooner we get to the peak, the sooner we're over it.  (As long as all those vaccines are good.)

"The 'cron abides man..."

Nope. A lot of unvaccinated people are going to die. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TKDfella said:

And according to this report https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/got-a-covid-booster-you-probably-wont-need-another-for-a-long-time/ar-AAU8i8L?li=BBnb7Kz three shots mRNA are good for quite a long time. I am keeping my eyes open for any other reports on this.

Don’t rely on a single study. 

11 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

My memory may be failing me so apologies... weren’t they going with No holidays .. schools full speed ahead .. 

For the last month they say will go on. But the last year was the same. 

Also 2 years ago it was sudden and radical cancellation of holidays. Only around 2 weeks advance. 

Certainly they should shorten songkran and give some long weekends, to slow this wave. That worker 2 years ago

• Thanks 1