Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

44 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

I think anyone with an once of critical thinking didn't fall for it, except the main stream media and the hysterical anti-Putin crowd

a lot of propaganda coming from all sides,

Wow, you must be so clever up there being critical thinking and all of that. Easy to say after it has come out.  ????????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

What was concerning was to read in the report Aslin pleaded Guilty to a serious  charge, can't believe he would do that. 

More war crimes carried out by Russian proxies.

UN issues war crimes warning over death sentences in Ukraine war

The United Nations has declared that unfair trials of prisoners of war amounts to war crimes, after three foreigners captured while fighting with Ukraine forces were sentenced to death by pro-Russian rebels.

British citizens Aiden Aslin, Shaun Pinner, and Moroccan national Saadoun Brahim were sentenced to death on Thursday by pro-Russian separatist authorities in eastern Ukraine’s breakaway Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR).

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/6/10/un-issues-war-crimes-warning-over-death-sentences-in-ukraine-war

Here's another one up for trial:

Another foreign fighter to face show trial in Russian-occupied Donetsk. A captured South Korean national who fought to defend Ukraine will be put on “trial” by a Russian-installed court in the occupied Donetsk, Russian news agency Interfax reported.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, farmerjo said:

They need to clear the sea mines.

Starting now and not waiting for more fingers in the pie to do the job as will be to late.

Otherwise cutting the wheat for hay may be a better option.

Won't feed the people but will feed animals for the people to eat rather than go rotten.

Russia also needs to stop destroying the grain storage facilities, silo’s and warehouses. According to the Ukraine Prime Minister so much has been destroyed by Russia that there’s not enough space to store the expected fall harvest of 10 to 15 million tons of grain.

The Russian media were very open in their rhetoric in April that Russia has tools much worse than weapons available to them. Not quite Holodomor yet but then nobody thought this invasion would be as brutal as it is.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, Kwasaki said:

It's been found out there's more to Aslin than what's reported. 

The other British guy was in the British forces. 

just because you said so, again,  nothing to back up your comments/posts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Chris B confirmed what I heard on LBC Radio news. 

Aslin goes under several names and did mercenary work. 

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Aslin history can be read on Wilki as well but can't get that point left V sign thing to work. 

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Aslin goes under several names and did mercenary work.

So what? I’m usually no big fan of mercenaries, but as far as I know, he was enlisted in the Ukrainian army, so he should be treated like any other Ukrainian prisoner of war. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

What some are also missing is that Russia along with a host of many other countries employees foreign soldiers into their regular military.

• The Russian Armed Forces accepts foreigners of any country to their ranks. Under a plan, posted on the ministry's web site in 2010, foreigners without dual citizenship are able to sign up for five-year contracts – and are eligible for Russian citizenship after serving three years. According to the amended law, a citizen of any foreign country aged 18–30 with a good command of Russian and a clean record can sign an initial five-year contract to join the Army.[20][21][22]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_militaries_that_recruit_foreigners

Not to mention Russia’s use of the infamous Wagner group, which is a mercenary army which officially doesn’t even exist and has no official ties with the Russian army or Russian authorities. But we all know it’s Putin’s private army that does his dirty work for him. Although that didn’t work out too well in Ukraine, since they got their @sses handed to them there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Not to mention Russia’s use of the infamous Wagner group, which is a mercenary army which officially doesn’t even exist and has no official ties with the Russian army or Russian authorities. But we all know it’s Putin’s private army that does his dirty work for him. Although that didn’t work out too well in Ukraine, since they got their @sses handed to them there. 

Just to top it off, Wagner has also recruited Syrian fighters for their operation in Ukraine

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Just to top it off, Wagner has also recruited Syrian fighters for their operation in Ukraine

I think the list of foreign fighters in the Wagner group is (much) longer than just Syrian. 

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Aslin history can be read on Wilki as well but can't get that point left V sign thing to work. 

I really don't understand what point you are trying to make, whatever that is it's not coming out well  555

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I think the list of foreign fighters in the Wagner group is (much) longer than just Syrian. 

My question is were the "recruits" voluntary or under threat/orders from al-Assad regime?

I doubt most Syrians have any interest in Russia or its objectives, they just want food . Are just cannon fodder?

Edited by RJRS1301

1 minute ago, tgw said:

SHAME

Der Spiegel: Germany blocks Spain from sending Leopard tanks to Ukraine.

Der Spiegel reported, citing anonymous government sources, that Germany warned Spain that it “would constitute a departure” from the alleged informal decision by the West not to provide Western tanks to Ukraine. “If Berlin agreed, it would have been the first time a NATO member had delivered battle tanks to Ukraine,” Der Spiegel reports.

(kyivindependent.com)

Merkel long time ass licking to Vlad, now they are so afraid of anything that may come back to hit them

shame shame and more shame but on the other side they claim they provided some guns to Ukraine, so guns ok but tanks not guns thus not ok shameful Germany

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I really don't understand what point you are trying to make, whatever that is it's not coming out well  555

Well I get a bit senile at my age too but to spell out for you where Aslin has been fighting makes Russia accuse him in there kangaroo court that he is a mercenary and a spy not a Ukrainian soldier.

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well I get a bit senile at my age too but to spell out for you where Aslin has been fighting makes Russia accuse him in there kangaroo court that he is a mercenary and a spy not a Ukrainian soldier.

kangaroo court belonging to banana republic sorry autocratic/dictatorship country, whatever they say we all know it's not true thus you have been wasting time and energy but at my age I do get a little senile as well thus we are on the same page 555

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Bit pointless discussing Aslin and what he did previously, when even the UN say this is a sham:

On 10 June, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights issued a condemnation. A spokesman for the UN said that "Such trials against prisoners of war amount to a war crime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tgw said:

SHAME

Der Spiegel: Germany blocks Spain from sending Leopard tanks to Ukraine.

Der Spiegel reported, citing anonymous government sources, that Germany warned Spain that it “would constitute a departure” from the alleged informal decision by the West not to provide Western tanks to Ukraine. “If Berlin agreed, it would have been the first time a NATO member had delivered battle tanks to Ukraine,” Der Spiegel reports.

(kyivindependent.com)

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-04-29/card/poland-has-sent-more-than-200-tanks-to-ukraine-Krwar3DCPzHJJk4UMVh4

Ukraine war: Evidence shows widespread use of cluster munitions in Kharkiv

Russia has killed hundreds of civilians in the north-eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv using indiscriminate shelling and widely-banned cluster munitions, according to new research by Amnesty International.

Amnesty said it had found evidence of Russian forces repeatedly using 9N210/9N235 cluster bombs, as well as "scatterable" munitions - rockets that eject smaller mines that explode later at timed intervals.

The BBC visited five separate impact sites in residential neighbourhoods in Kharkiv and saw evidence of a distinctive, symmetrical spalling effect associated with cluster munitions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61778433

• Sad 1

Moroccan sentenced to death is a victim of Russian ‘games’, friends say

While Russia claims that Brahim Saadoun was a foreign fighter in Ukraine, the 21-year-old Moroccan sentenced to death alongside two Britons last week had spent years making the country his home.

Friends and family of Saadoun have called for his freedom, telling the Guardian he was an active-duty marine and not a mercenary as claimed by Russian media and pro-Russia officials in eastern Ukraine who announced the sentence.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/12/moroccan-sentenced-to-death-is-a-victim-of-russian-games-friends-say

Pro-Russian Separatists Uphold Foreigners' Death Sentences

A pro-Russian separatist leader in eastern Ukraine said Sunday he would not alter the death sentences handed to two Britons and a Moroccan for fighting with the Ukrainian army.

"They came to Ukraine to kill civilians for money. That's why I don't see any conditions for any mitigation or modification of the sentence," Denis Pushilin, the leader of the separatist Donetsk region, which tried them, told reporters.

Pushilin said the court had "issued a perfectly fair punishment" to the three fighters.

https://www.barrons.com/news/pro-russian-separatists-uphold-foreigners-death-sentences-01655036706

Ukraine/Russia: “Death sentences” against three foreign members of Ukrainian forces by separatists’ “courts” a blatant violation of international law

“In fact, wilfully depriving a prisoner of war or other protected person of the right to a fair and regular trial constitutes a war crime. Russia, as the occupying power, bears responsibility for the treatment of all prisoners of war and others deprived of their liberty. They must ensure this so-called ‘sentence’ is immediately quashed, and that these men are treated in full compliance with international humanitarian law.”

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/06/ukraine-russia-death-sentences-against-three-foreign-members-of-ukrainian-forces-by-separatists-courts-a-blatant-violation-of-international-law/

• Like 2

On 6/12/2022 at 8:43 AM, coolcarer said:

Russia also needs to stop destroying the grain storage facilities, silo’s and warehouses. According to the Ukraine Prime Minister so much has been destroyed by Russia that there’s not enough space to store the expected fall harvest of 10 to 15 million tons of grain.

The Russian media were very open in their rhetoric in April that Russia has tools much worse than weapons available to them. Not quite Holodomor yet but then nobody thought this invasion would be as brutal as it is.

Is not it like reversive holodomor, if russia prevents exporting grain from urkraine?

14 hours ago, tgw said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61777224

Ukraine war: Former British soldier Jordan Gatley killed in fighting

Thank you Jordan Gatley for your service and for your sacrifice.

R I P man.... and wherever you are if you can send a little help to get rid of Vlad that would be great,  anything will do and thanks for your good deeds

• Like 2