Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Again where's the western weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJDc35a7P4M

Boris Johnson is busy raiding the coffers of Wales and Scotland to send the cash to Zelenskyy.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2022-06-29/welsh-government-not-consulted-over-budget-raid-for-ukraine-military-aid

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Boris Johnson is busy raiding the coffers of Wales and Scotland to send the cash to Zelenskyy.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2022-06-29/welsh-government-not-consulted-over-budget-raid-for-ukraine-military-aid

Hey, Transam!

9219494_Transamsad.jpg.211c8962a1a5b20c9db49e3620ffcbad.jpg

Are you sad because I posted the link or because of BoJo taking money from the Scots and Welsh and giving it to Zelenskyy?

14 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Bojo is doing his Churchill thing with Russia I have no idea how long his support will be able to continue.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

From your link:

“To say the Welsh Government was not consulted on this matter is incorrect – they were consulted and agreed to make a contribution.

I can cherry-pick too:

"“However, money that is there to be invested in areas that Wales has powers over – health, education, transport – shouldn't be used to fund a non-devolved spending area"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I can cherry-pick too:

"“However, money that is there to be invested in areas that Wales has powers over – health, education, transport – shouldn't be used to fund a non-devolved spending area"

If you want to discuss this why not go to the appropriate thread, post there and I may just respond, after all your already posting there:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1264546-uk-to-spend-25-of-gdp-on-defence-by-2030-boris-johnson-announces/

• Like 2

Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Like the American helicopters that swooped above Baghdad (2x) and Kabul (and Panama City, Grenada, Beirut, Santo Domingo, the Bay of Pigs, Mogadishu, and many other places countries) ????

https://www.infoplease.com/history/us/major-military-operations-since-world-war-ii

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

What about the trillions of dollars Putin and his corrupt sycophants have stolen from the Russians over the last 20 years? You don’t have any problem with that?

Whataboutism.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Whataboutism.

Of course not. This poster supports a regime that is corrupt through and through - and corrupt in every conceivable way as well - so I find it a little hypocritical, to say the least, that he should start pointing fingers at others. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Of course not. This poster supports a regime that is corrupt through and through - and corrupt in every conceivable way as well - so I find it a little hypocritical, to say the least, that he should start pointing fingers at others. 

Opinion is not necessary support when seeing what is happening in this unjust war so far.

A fair call maybe you think but that said I would accuse US, UK, & some EU of corruption and hypocrisy also war crimes in past wars. 

Whataboutism.

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Opinion is not necessary support when seeing what is happening in this unjust war so far.

A fair call maybe you think but that said I would accuse US, UK, & some EU of corruption and hypocrisy also war crimes in past wars. 

Whataboutism.

Unjust war, you got that right at least. Although I suspect that the reasons why you call it an unjust war and the reason why I call it an unjust war are very different.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Unjust war, you got that right at least. Although I suspect that the reasons why you call it an unjust war and the reason why I call it an unjust war are very different.

Well it seems I cannot say on this thread how I see the Ukrainian  situation without being vilified. 

The whole true picture will come out in the end when ever that will be. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

#UPDATE The process to ratify Sweden and Finland as the newest members of #NATO was formally launched on Tuesday, the military alliance's chief Jens Stoltenberg said, marking a historic step brought on by Russia's war in #Ukraine

image.png.7ca44422fe45778e25c3dd668bd705ad.png

I thought Finland and Sweden were bound to EU laws and this is holding up the process of Turkey agreeing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well it seems I cannot say on this thread how I see the Ukrainian  situation without being vilified. 

4-6 weeks and it will be over.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I thought Finland and Sweden were bound to EU laws and this is holding up the process of Turkey agreeing.

Turkey lifts objections to Finland and Sweden’s Nato bid

NATO members on Tuesday signed the accession protocols for Finland and Sweden to join the military alliance.

Both countries submitted their applications in May, breaking longstanding non-aligned stances in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

“This is a good day for Finland and Sweden, and a good day for NATO. With 32 nations around the table

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nothing of course to do with all the Russian ammunition depots that are getting destroyed deep behind Russian lines by the newly arrived long range HIMARS

sadly, the system is not being delivered with long range rockets, but with medium-range rockets (50 miles).

the system itself can fire at 180 miles if using the right rockets.

I hope though that the press has been fed decoy information.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Supporting and/or justifying an illegal invasion and a terrorist regime that commits warcrimes wholesale and threatens to attack Europe with nuclear missiles does tend to be frowned upon here on this forum….

44 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The whole true picture will come out in the end

The whole true picture is already out for everyone to see. But some choose to ignore that and spin it to fit their own narrative.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

sadly, the system is not being delivered with long range rockets, but with medium-range rockets (50 miles).

the system itself can fire at 180 miles if using the right rockets.

I hope though that the press has been fed decoy information.

Yes agreed although the 50 mile or so range is still more than anything Russia has aside from its missiles and the HIMARS have an accuracy of one meter. 

More needed though only 4 on the field at the moment but many more are on the way:

This from a Ukraine official

With only 4 HIMARS in action, Russian ammunition depots are burning all over Ukraine. Imagine if we had a hundred of these bad boys.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GarryP said:

What makes you think that? Genuinely interested. 

I think when Russia gains control of all the Donbas they will have achieved their goal.

There is already pow swaps going on so they must be talking.

Rebuilding talks have started.

The Ukrainian president will start to consider the toll on his people and the bills adding up.

Add unrest around the world with more protests coming by the day with governments telling the people the war is causing the inflation.

It's not the right result,just my take on it.

• Like 1

Lets also not forget the UK is sending long range M270 launch systems have which have a 50-mile range and can target Russian artillery that has been attacking cities in eastern Ukraine.

Putin Has A Problem: U.S. HIMARS Are Rocking Russian Forces In Ukraine

Increasingly more videos are popping up showing the Ukrainian military using the HIMARS weapon system to accurately strike Russian positions, both close to the frontline and miles behind it.

"because it is such a precise, longer range system, the Ukrainians are able to carefully select targets that will undermine, you know, the effort by Russia in a more systematic way, certainly more than they would be able to do with the shorter range artillery systems,” a U.S. defense official said last week.

In a sense, the HIMARS has freed the Ukrainians from really taking the fight to the Russians.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/07/putin-has-a-problem-u-s-himars-are-rocking-russian-forces-in-ukraine/

High cost of Russian gains in Ukraine may limit new advance

After more than four months of ferocious fighting, Russia claimed a key victory: full control over one of the two provinces in Ukraine’s eastern industrial heartland. But Moscow’s seizure of the last major stronghold of Ukrainian resistance in Luhansk province came at a steep price, the critical question now is whether Russia can muster enough strength for a new offensive to complete its capture of the Donbas and make gains elsewhere in Ukraine.

Even President Vladimir Putin acknowledged Monday that Russian troops involved in action in Luhansk need to “take some rest and beef up their combat capability.”

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-moscow-government-and-politics-5ef5dae6aa76addea66cc24c460d2877

• Like 1

Everything is all hunky dory in Russia. Not: Russian parliament passes first vote on war economy measures. 

The Russian government will be able to compel businesses to supply the military with goods and make their employees work overtime under two laws to support Moscow's war in Ukraine that were approved in an initial vote in parliament on Tuesday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/duma-gives-first-approval-laws-moving-russia-towards-war-economy-2022-07-05/

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Like 1

I have stopped following the developments in this war about a month ago, but can someone explain this to me.

Russia is destroying Ukraine completely, but if Ukraine targets something over the border with Russia, that is declared illegal. At least that is what Russia claims.

I'm confident that Ukraine owns weaponry that can destroy targets far inside Russia, maybe even as far as Moscow.

So why doesn't this happen, since this is a war between 2 countries?

• Like 1