Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

4 hours ago, tgw said:

GOOD NEWS !

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-03-23/card/russia-lost-up-to-40-000-troops-in-ukraine-nato-estimates-xyZjWxinMDHzdeRZvAeD

NATO: Up to 40,000 Russian Troops Killed, Wounded, Taken Prisoner or Missing in Ukraine

I am not sure it is "good news" as such.

I am pleased Ukraine is defending the country, and hopefully peace and rebuilding will soon be achieved.

However these dead and injured were following orders of a dictator, they were sons, brothers, husbands, lovers and fathers, who now grieve them.

The deaths they have inflicted on the peaceful citizens of Ukraine is disgusting, and the result of a man who has no compassion or empathy.

• Like 1

Although the Kremlin says its operation is going to plan, Russian forces have taken heavy losses, stalled on most fronts and face supply problems. They have turned to siege tactics and bombardments, causing huge destruction and many civilian deaths.

Blinken said there had been "numerous credible reports of indiscriminate attacks and attacks deliberately targeting civilians, as well as other atrocities".

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/invasion-milestone-ukraine-urges-solidarity-western-leaders-gather-2022-03-24/

• Like 1

The Russian army uses almost all suitable airfields in Belarus, Russia and the occupied Crimea for the war against Ukraine.

From there, Russian aviation bombs military and civilian targets, fires missiles at Ukraine, makes landings, uses helicopters, Radio Svoboda reports, citing military experts who, along with journalists, analyzed satellite images and assessed the presence of various types of aircraft at airfields in Belarus, western Russia and the Russian-aoccupied Crimean peninsula.

The most used are two military airfields in the occupied Crimea: in Saky and Belbek. The less used ones are near Dzhankoi, Gvardiiske and Kacha.

More than 40 bombers were spotted at Morozovsk airfield in Rostov region

empr.media-russian-airfields-map-1038x654.jpg.78f308870de3d4280fb9dba388b5dcb2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

yes, it's not a defense to war crimes.

I said following orders of a dictator, I also stated

"The deaths they have inflicted on the peaceful citizens of Ukraine is disgusting, and the result of a man who has no compassion or empathy.

The above seems to have been ignored by those responding to the post.

I am in no way condoning nor ameliorating  the actions of war crimes . Perhaps the interpretation taken is not the intention of the post, in any way shape or form 

33 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I said following orders of a dictator, I also stated

"The deaths they have inflicted on the peaceful citizens of Ukraine is disgusting, and the result of a man who has no compassion or empathy.

The above seems to have been ignored by those responding to the post.

I am in no way condoning nor ameliorating  the actions of war crimes . Perhaps the interpretation taken is not the intention of the post, in any way shape or form 

Then, what was the point of your comment that his troops were only "following orders" if not to somehow excuse them of culpability? We know from history that this excuse has been a go to defense for war crimes. Calley used it in his defense in the My Lai massacre trial.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Then, what was the point of your comment that his troops were only "following orders" if not to somehow excuse them of culpability? We know from history that this excuse has been a go to defense for war crimes. Calley used it in his defense in the My Lai massacre trial.

Following orders to invade,  not to commit war crimes.

Read and comprehend the entire post

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

WHO says 64 hospitals attacked since Russian invasion of Ukraine

UN agency condemns attacks in ‘strongest possible terms’ and notes attacks on health facilities are a breach of international law.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/24/who-says-64-hospitals-attacked-since-russia-invasion-of-ukraine?

May those responsible be hauled before a war crimes commission, although since Russia withdrew their signature from the ICC, very little chance Putin or anyone else being held responsible.

Sanctions affect the average person more than those in charge, however it may bring an internal coup and a Ceaușescu style sentencing, or shipped to Ukraine for trial

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Excellent news!

Russian Navy ship destroyed at southern port - Ukraine military

The Ukrainian military says a large Russian ship has been destroyed near the southern port city of Berdyansk.

In a post on Facebook, Ukraine's Navy says a large landing vessel - the "Orsk" - was hit and set ablaze in the Sea of Azov this morning.

"The Orsk large landing ship of the Black Sea Fleet of the occupiers has been destroyed in the port of Berdyansk captured by Russia," the post says.

Ukrainian media report that one Russian ship has sunk and two others are on fire, and that an ammunition depot and a fuel warehouse were hit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60856533

ship.jpg

Hoorah!!!  :clap2::drunk:

I would like to know, with what did they hit it with?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

Russian execution squads hunting demoralized deserters, defectors. If this is true, it’s truly disturbing and disgusting. Gruesome practices under Stalin in WWII are back on the menu, apparently. 

https://torontosun.com/news/world/russian-execution-squads-hunting-demoralized-deserters-defectors

What do you expect from Orcs? 

7 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

What do you expect from Orcs? 

I would have expected a little more evolvement over a period of 75 years, but apparently all Putin is interested in is regression, even beyond Stalin, back to the good old days of the almighty czars. 

• Like 1