Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

41 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Long long time. Shipments are increasing. For peace to occur, what's left of the Russian army needs to go home.

Someone has to pay for those arms shipments. Are you willing to pay increased taxes to pay for them, as I'm pretty sure Ukraine won't be?

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

According to Al Jazira Russia is the largest rare earth refiner on earth, and most countries won't allow that on their territory. If people want electric cars it might be Russia or nothing. They are going to cost more anyway, a lot more.

I'm happy I don't want an electric car.

No problem, from 2021

The new U.S. plan to rival China and end cornering of market in rare earth metals

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

About the fighter jets that were going to be given by Poland some time back by way of getting them to Ukraine via a US German base as I remember apparently we're up-graided and it would take some 2 weeks for Ukrainian pilots to get familiar with flying them. 

As for NATO I regard them as not very helpful in the past and as of now. 

All the ex Russian states have dumped all their aircraft because they are actually outdated and only capable of carrying Russian  munitions , all have now been provided with F-16,s etc , Romania was the last to go , Mig -21’s out , F-15’s in . Hungaria  leased  Grippons , and Poland has had all their Mig -29’s and the Su-22’s updated by the Israeli’s with glass cockpits , and the provision to carry Western / NATO munitions , that being the reason the Ukrainians wanted Poland to let them have them , PLUS the munitions to go with them !!!!! That is why Biden would not allow it . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

According to Al Jazira Russia is the largest rare earth refiner on earth, and most countries won't allow that on their territory. If people want electric cars it might be Russia or nothing. They are going to cost more anyway, a lot more.

I'm happy I don't want an electric car.

In 2019, China supplied between 85% and 95% of the global demand for the 17 rare earth powders, half of them sourced from Myanmar.

Australia is also completing a refinery 

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Neither of us know what is going on in Putin's head.  However I think it is more likely that Putin doesn't see NATO as a threat but as an impediment in his goal of recreating the Russian empire as it existed when it was the Soviet Union.

Fair call but can Putin make that possible somehow I do think he thinks he can. 

Edited by Kwasaki

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Fair call but can Putin make that possible somehow I do think he can. 

so for next invasion, you think that no resistance should occur?

just to save lives and fill the gulag factories?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CatCage said:

All the ex Russian states have dumped all their aircraft because they are actually outdated and only capable of carrying Russian  munitions , all have now been provided with F-16,s etc , Romania was the last to go , Mig -21’s out , F-15’s in . Hungaria  leased  Grippons , and Poland has had all their Mig -29’s and the Su-22’s updated by the Israeli’s with glass cockpits , and the provision to carry Western / NATO munitions , that being the reason the Ukrainians wanted Poland to let them have them , PLUS the munitions to go with them !!!!! That is why Biden would not allow it . 

Fair call, you obviously know more about the fighter jet situation than I do. 

As I said I heard on LBC UK radio sometime back the Mig 29's were upgraded and apart from other delivery problems the Ukrainian pilots would need training to fly them. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Fair call but can Putin make that possible somehow I do think he can. 

Why would you think he can? Because of suggestions that countries attacked should surrender to save lives?

P.S. Your edit never made it as the original is in my quote....lol

Edited by Bkk Brian

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Fair call, you obviously know more about the fighter jet situation than I do. 

As I said I heard on LBC UK radio sometime back the Mig 29's were upgraded and apart from other delivery problems the Ukrainian pilots would need training to fly them. 

I think the reason they want to give the Mig 29's is because the Ukrainians know how to fly them. The issue is they'd need to strip the updated avionics weapons systems and then they'd need to put the original Russian stuff back in. I may be wrong but that's how I read it anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CatCage said:

Got a link for that explanation??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

It seems like some think it is soon over, and I hope so, but I fear it is not.

We will see soon! Right now news says Russia pulling their troops east, so they might secure the land corridor as stated among many analysts, have been his goal all the way with this invasion.

Really. Can you list a few of this "many" analysts?

PS. I'f you're gonna link to a bunch of nutters then don't bother.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Someone has to pay for those arms shipments. Are you willing to pay increased taxes to pay for them, as I'm pretty sure Ukraine won't be?

A rehash of your arguments against COVID vaccines.

Curiously another subject in which Russia played a leading role generating and disseminating misinformation.

20 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Western governments will pay. It is in all their interests to pay and far cheaper than direct military conflict.

Individual tax payers pay tax without ever knowing in advance what their money will eventually provide for.

The hike in fuel prices increases VAT returns into the exchequer.

There might even be a profit left after arms donations are taken into account

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

actually, many of these weapons are almost free.

they have been stockpiled 20+ years and stocks must be rotated, new models coming out.
especially the Javelin is being replaced with a newer missile, the FGM-148F.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

“The brigade commander was killed by his own troops, we believe, ..."

"A Russian soldier has allegedly surrendered his tank..."

You do understand the meaning of "propaganda", don't you?

Did you read the article and see the photograph?

I did NOT write the head line.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

We do not plan to attack other countries; we did not attack Ukraine either. However, we just explained to Ukraine repeatedly that a situation posed direct security threats to the Russian Federation," he said.

https://www.euronews.com/2022/03/10/ukraine-war-russia-did-not-attack-ukraine-says-lavrov-after-meeting-kuleba

Does he think that this <deleted> is believed by anyone with two neurons working and connected by synapse?

I believe in Santa Claus and am a virgin.

Lavrov went on to say "Also, the check is in your mouth and I won't cum in the mail."

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Haha 1