Thai hospitality players move in on cannabis tourism

webfact

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

At least the back packers will be able to get hemp clothing on the cheap.

Just don't smoke those sandals.

I don't know,

if they haven't washed them for a while, they might get a good hit off them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand was the first South-east Asian country to legalise the production, import, and export of cannabis for medical purposes in 2018.

They might have to be careful where and what they try to export to other countries.

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Meanwhile my little tiny state I live in 1/2 the year called Massachusetts just announced they sold 1.65billion $$$ in marijuana/ products in 2021! Over 20,000 new jobs created! Thailand who loves $$$ will never ever do it right.  Unfortunately I feel the Netherlands has never done it right either. I've never understood that.  

Cannabis isn't and never was legal in Nl, it is only decriminalised for personal use. Recreational consumption is tolerated and it is available in "coffeeshops".

• Like 1

So lame.

People aren't going to come unless they can get high in weed.

They don't give a damn about cooking or making ropes with it.

Be honest not many people smoke marijuana anymore. 

I'm sure the same people will make money with, don't expect anyone in regular society to benefit financially from the move.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It is being legalized now all over the world, why travel thousands of miles to smoke a joint?

But,  I guess as an addition reason to come here it will bring younger people with little money who also want to get stoned.  Maybe the modern version of a quality tourist.

Legalized all over Western World and not so in most of Asia.   

Knew this a while ago that weed smoking will be a plus factor to boost Asians coming to Thailand. 

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Anything for a Buck...

The promotion of Thailand and Thai resources to create  more interest for the tourist market seems admirable.

'Anything for a buck' is a deliberately insulting, demeaning and pejorative comment. Every  country does similar why shouldn't Thailand? Why should it bother you?

45 minutes ago, sscc said:

Legalized all over Western World and not so in most of Asia.   

Knew this a while ago that weed smoking will be a plus factor to boost Asians coming to Thailand. 

To boost anybody but not really Asians. Singaporeans can be prosecuted for crimes abroad..and the Chinese..now way.

Lol even old school bush weed was about 10 x as storing as 0.3% THC. And now days normal standard weed is about 17-20 THC.Who going to Thialand for that I wouldn't even bother my lungs with that see ya later.

Canada  sounds great at the moment A log Hut a lake legal weed on the green list I think.

But I am afraid of bears I must Amit.