Drinking in Phetchabun

roger101

10 minutes ago, illiterate said:

The really funny part is that sounds like a joke, but it’s the exact truth of the world we live in

Can you explain that to me. In Pattaya just now most placest hat are open are not taking a blind bit of notice and you just walk in.  Only places like Walking Street where you have to show an up to date test or get tested on entry.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, roger101 said:

That's why I was asking about Phetchabun as I have to go there soon and I like to have a drink with my meals.

Worst case scenario, you bring your own and ask the staff for cola/ice then mix your own.

Do you really think no one on all of Phetchabun is having a drink in the restaurants? 555

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Depends on the Province, in Rayong it's still NO.

Horse dooky, I could go into Rayong tonight and get served alcohol at many restaurants.  Stop spreading BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Serving alchohol in restaurants and hotels. 

Two of the best options I found in Petchabun city, but you might go another place? 

SR Residennce Hotel
+66 89 898 8993
https://goo.gl/maps/7kdD7vQRLJXTUsMW8

Livist Resort Phetchabun
+66 98 792 2035
https://goo.gl/maps/k7kHAtYc7vn8WcLT9

Thanks for that. We normally stay at SR Residence.

Last time we were there I went to order dinner on 31st December 2020 and included a bottle of wine. Was told no can do. So I went to the car were I happened to have a bottle but when I brought into the restaurant we were told still cannot do orders from the Governor, 

Imagine our annoyance when arriving back in Pattaya a few days later that the Governor of Pattaya did enact the same rule but after News Years Eve.

36 minutes ago, roger101 said:

Last time we were there I went to order dinner on 31st December 2020 and included a bottle of wine. Was told no can do. So I went to the car were I happened to have a bottle but when I brought into the restaurant we were told still cannot do orders from the Governor, 

Imagine our annoyance when arriving back in Pattaya a few days later that the Governor of Pattaya did enact the same rule but after News Years Eve.

We got served last time we where there, and the pool is open again for everybody, and not only the owners ????

However we got two bottles of wine which had not been stored properly, so avoid wine until they have managed to get a new delivery, but the same problem many places now who do not have proper «wine cellars»

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The emergency decree curfew in Thailand was lifted ages ago.  Do you mean the restricted alcohol sales hours?

Yes, the alcohol sales hours.

But aren't the restaurants/bars supposed to close @11PM? I was in a Darkside Thai bar here in Pattaya last night and the cops came in 6-7 strong @ 12am and told the staff no more music.  Everyone continued drinking and just played cellphone music as soon as they left.

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Horse dooky, I could go into Rayong tonight and get served alcohol at many restaurants.  Stop spreading BS.

Bet you could, but what's the rule in say Ban Chang. I'm talking rules not if they'll serve you. No BS far as I know. Still serving beers in cups and not bottles.

• Haha 1

I presume you mean Phetchabun City, as this is a big province. At the Army Barracks, Battle Horse yesterday we were all drinking merrily in the golf club house which serves food, so classed as a restaurant. Bottles and glasses on the tables, no problems. 

In Wichian Buri Town there are three farang run bars, all now restaurants too. 

Draught Leo in the one I drink in. As for timings,.. 

Who knows... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Bet you could, but what's the rule in say Ban Chang. I'm talking rules not if they'll serve you. No BS far as I know. Still serving beers in cups and not bottles.

I was in Mai Phim just before Christmas. My favourite go to beach.

All places that serve up food was openly selling alcohol. Had a few while sat on my beach deckchair... 

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If you're going to change your story from Rayong to Ban Chang don't say "Depends on the Province, in Rayong it's still NO."...555.

Edited by bbko

5 minutes ago, bbko said:

If you're going to change your story from Rayong to Ban Chang don't say "Depends on the Province, in Rayong it's still NO."...555.

Ban Chang is part of Rayong province, I started my response stating province. What story have I changed. I'm speaking of rules, not ability to buy and drink. The official rules. I typed real slow.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

I was in Mai Phim just before Christmas. My favourite go to beach.

All places that serve up food was openly selling alcohol. Had a few while sat on my beach deckchair... 

I stated what the rule is, not your ability to enjoy a beverage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bbko said:

Nice back-pedal.

Orange

Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Chanthaburi, Chachoengsao, Chumphon, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Trang, Trat, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nan, Buriram, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Phayao, Phatthalung, Phetchaburi, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Mae Hong Son, Yasothon, Roi Et, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Lop Buri, Sisaket, Songkhla, Satun, Samut Prakan, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Sa Kaeo, Saraburi, Surat Thani, Surin, Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani

Alcohol sales at restaurants are still restricted in provinces classified as “orange” zones. Large gatherings in “orange” zones must also not exceed 500 people. (See list of provinces by zone below.)

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/restrictions-ease-25-provinces-reclassified-as-yellow-zones

I can't make you understand, but there it is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:

To me it seems the OP have a huge drinking problem.If me i would order a meal to my room and enjoyed whatever i prefer to my meal.

Bit strange to go on a break, stay in and order room service.

What ever floats your boat....

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 3:51 PM, roger101 said:

No problem to drink at SR outside by the pool, great place.