Prolonged Russia-Ukraine war could derail Thai economic recovery

webfact

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Except that it was Iraq that attacked Iran. JackGats' example was about a prosperous stable nation being attacked which is exactly the reverse case. 

Yes you're right. Iraq attacked Iran, ie attacked the US's enemy number 1. Then Iraq was rewarded by the US by total destruction. If that is not evil, what is?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

No surprise. Inadequate men often show support and admiration for these types of people.

And there are plenty of inadequate men in the RTP.

What worries me about this is not Thailand's political stance in this or other matters, but Thailand eventually getting on the wrong side of sanctions. I need SWIFT from EU to TH and I don't want TH to end up on a black list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Any idea how many permanent Russian residents there are in Thailand? The SWIFT sanction is gonna screw them over through no fault of their own. Not just a terrible exchange rate, there is currently NO exchange available to them.

Time for you wield a bit of "soft power"?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Interesting to see that the USA has been busy bombing other countries since WW11, just saying.

China 1945-46

Korea 1950-53

China 1950-53

Guatemala 1954

Indonesia 1958

Cuba 1959-60

Guatemala 1960

Belgian Congo 1964

Guatemala 1964

Dominican Republic 1965-66

Peru 1965

Laos 1964-73

Vietnam 1961-73

Cambodia 1969-70

Guatemala 1967-69

Lebanon 1982-84

Grenada 1983-84

Libya 1986

El Salvador 1981-92

Nicaragua 1981-90

Iran 1987-88

Libya 1989

Panama 1989-90

Iraq 1991

Kuwait 1991

Somalia 1992-94

Bosnia 1995

Iran 1998

Sudan 1998

Afghanistan 1998

Yugoslavia – Serbia 1999

Afghanistan 2001

Libya 2011

Iraq and Syria 2014 –

Somalia 2011 –

Iran 2020 –

There I was thinking I lived in a perfect world, well Isan sure is looking good at the moment.

Is this your idea of rhetoric?

2 hours ago, JackGats said:

Yes you're right. Iraq attacked Iran, ie attacked the US's enemy number 1. Then Iraq was rewarded by the US by total destruction. If that is not evil, what is?

Well, actually, the US materially supported Iraq after things started going downhill for the Iraqis. This despite the fact that Iraq was using poison gas. Now that was evil. It was only after Iraq occupied Kuwait that the US turned against it. You really think that was evil?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, smedly said:

well I am going to say the same thing I said a few days ago

The Thai government/authorities need to shut # #  up

They should not be commenting on what is going on - Ukraine is a free country paving their own future and then along comes mad man Putin  who is trying to bomb his way into peoples hearts ............. on what level does that work ?...........in his head only it seems 

My opinion is - the Russian people will not put up with this just as the world doesnt, Russians who have been sent into Ukraine will already be asking themselves ........what the # are we doing here .................................... Mental mad dog Putin will be  gone  very soon, he will not be allowed to progress this nonsense 

Bye Bye

Whilst I truly hope you are right, Uncle Joe Stalin was around far too long and he killed millions of his own people. Mad dog will be difficult to be rid of, I fear.

On the effect on Thai tourism we should see Russians leaving in their droves soon and non coming in to replace them. Simple fact is the drop in value of the Rouble.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, actually, the US materially supported Iraq after things started going downhill for the Iraqis. This despite the fact that Iraq was using poison gas. Now that was evil. It was only after Iraq occupied Kuwait that the US turned against it. You really think that was evil?

Not to mention all the Native Americans we killed back in the day.

But the occupation of Iraq was started 3 administrations ago, and this is now. We can’t let the errors of the past hinder us from stopping the current nightmare in Ukraine.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

No one is excusing Putin's actions, but when you provide countries with NATO support, right up to Russia's borders, your looking for a fight.

I think those countries would disagree and say that if there was no NATO support then Russia would have invaded them long ago. Russia is now proving this point again. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zig said:

I think those countries would disagree and say that if there was no NATO support then Russia would have invaded them long ago. Russia is now proving this point again. 

We can all speculate, however if Russia wants to go into those other countries it will, NATO doesn't scare Putin, if he wants to go all the way, he will, what transpires from that, we can also speculate about.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

We can all speculate, however if Russia wants to go into those other countries it will, NATO doesn't scare Putin, if he wants to go all the way, he will, what transpires from that, we can also speculate about.

Watch and learn.