Thailand plans to attract one million Middle Eastern tourists by end of 2022 after Thai-Saudi restored ties

webfact

3 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Honestly, I have no earthly idea what they would find interesting in Thailand.  The culture is so foreign, so open, sex masseurs all over the place, it's just weird to me.  But what do I know?  

Apparently you don’t know Thailand. It’s like saying the USA is all just like Las Vegas. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Time to buy some derelict property down soi Yensabai (Arab Town) and open up some business. Lots of opportunities. 

Coffee shops..... Turkish coffee

Big bike (Hayabusa) rentals

Restaurants 

Hummus

Falafel.

Tabouleh.

Pita Bread.

Don't forget the Ladyboys! 100% on the list.  and everyone's list. 

• Haha 1

Incomprehensibly the government is completely overlooking the untapped and potentially lucrative market in Inuit tourism. This group, along with other igloo dwellers, remain a tantalising source of tourist dollars. They could predict, plan, expect and forecast to their hearts content, the revenue stream potential that groups used to eating seal meat and other marine protein could generate from the consumption of the rotting crab and fish delicacy so many dishes contain. 

14 minutes ago, Sir Swagman said:

Incomprehensibly the government is completely overlooking the untapped and potentially lucrative market in Inuit tourism. This group, along with other igloo dwellers, remain a tantalising source of tourist dollars. They could predict, plan, expect and forecast to their hearts content, the revenue stream potential that groups used to eating seal meat and other marine protein could generate from the consumption of the rotting crab and fish delicacy so many dishes contain. 

Great comment but It's too hot the igloo dwellers. 

They would melt 

Thailand in general is widely known for very good planning, this plan goes to same bucket as many other plans. 

Those familiar with thai language maybe could open the vocabulary in this area. 

How different words and meanings & nuances for English words like 

Wish/hope 

Dream 

Intent 

Vision

Strategy 

Plan 

Execution plan

Action plan 

are expressed in thai, and whether there actually are words that compare to those English words as farang understand them. 

Based on what I see happening, what we understand word 'hope' or maybe 'intent' to mean, actually is about what thais understand as 'plan' ...as usual it's just about misunderstanding... Silly Falang no understand thai culture.... 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Will this mean 1 million Thai Muslims will be able to visit Mecca?????

Maybe not.  But it's 100% certain that not a single Buddhist, Christian, Hindu or Jew will be able to visit Mecca.

• Haha 1

“Visit Thailand Year 2022: Amazing New Chapters

The number of "flip flops" this government has made over the last couple of years, I would think that the number of "chapters" will be enough to rival Agatha Christie's collection! :-

"A book with a collection of all of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple stories is recognised by the Guinness World Records as the thickest (????) book published. More than a foot thick, the 4,032-pages book weighs 8.04kg, and has 12 novels and 20 short stories."

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveAZ said:

Or perhaps they are trying to provide jobs for their citizens in areas hard hit by the loss of tourism? 

Wouldn't have been so "hard hit" if the Gov't had put more thought into its "restrictions",

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Sure...The insurgency is south isnt very active so pour some catalyst Jihadis from middle east. 

It is their country and they can do what they want. Those who do not agree can go back to their own turf. ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Visit any major shopping mall in Bangkok ( are we calling it Krungthep yet?) during July and August and you could easily think you’re in one of the Emirates!

Judging by my recent visit to Dubai, the shopping malls will be the same............EMPTY.

Guest Isaanlife
9 hours ago, SteveAZ said:

Or perhaps they are trying to provide jobs for their citizens in areas hard hit by the loss of tourism? 

When in the past 2 years has Thailand EVER tried to provide jobs for the millions out of work? Or financial support?

Come on man, do you even understand what is going on in Thailand?

The tourism MINISTER wants money (corruption) to fill his own pockets, he could care less if the whole tourism industry in unemployed.

10 hours ago, paul1804 said:

I thought TAT was trying to move away from Thailands reputation in the sex industry and bar scene, what do they think most of these middle eastern men want from Thailand? They are not coming here for a suntan, beaches or temples!!!

Exactly, I used to live part time in south Thailand. Muslims poured into Thailand, then back to Malaysia. 

• Like 1