How can I find a document I typed in Google Drive?

thoengthaied

I want to find a document which I typed, then printed out, in Google Drive about 4 years ago. I have gone to Drive>Google Docs and the page is blank. I know that the document is there somewhere because I saw it in a list a few days ago, but I don't know where I saw it. I find Google Drive so frustrating. Whenever I try to find something it never seems to be where I expect it to be, then when I'm looking for something else it will appear. Could somebody point me in the right direction, please. Regards, thoengthaied.

I have tried the search function but unfortunately I don't know what to search for. I didn't give my document a title. I assumed (obviously wrongly) that I would easily find it again in My documents or in the folder where I type letters for printing then sending. How wrong I was!!!

10 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

I have tried the search function but unfortunately I don't know what to search for. I didn't give my document a title. I assumed (obviously wrongly) that I would easily find it again in My documents or in the folder where I type letters for printing then sending. How wrong I was!!!

Do you find this in search option? Of course in your language

3C824DCF-8D3E-48ED-BA80-2869CBA2989C.jpeg

Edited by Hummin

16 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Next time name your document and add a date in the name. Like:

20220301 i want to use this file in 4 years time

Very handy tip if you happen to know *exactly* when you're going to want to see it again ????

I don't really understand the OP saying he didn't give it a name?? I don't use Google docs but I'd be very surprised if they allow you to save a document with no name at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

Very handy tip if you happen to know *exactly* when you're going to want to see it again ????

I don't really understand the OP saying he didn't give it a name?? I don't use Google docs but I'd be very surprised if they allow you to save a document with no name at all. 

You are handed automatic name and doesn't look like any logic based on date or anything. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Use the web/browser interface while logged into the proper gmail account

Go to Drive via the icon or https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive

Go to the search bar, toggle the three slider bars

Search Date Modified, Custom, enter Between dates from ~ three - five years ago.

Thanks, mtls2005. I tried that but the search didn't find what I wanted it to find.