AFTERSHAVE - What is everyone wearing ???

RedArmy

9 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Imagine how much money Big Industry would lose if people were satisfied with their bodies and didn't feel the need to try to 'fix' them.

I think you are on the wrong thread old boy - I think you are looking for the Silicone Valley Thread.

• Haha 2

I never used after shave! 

For au de ToilettevJean Paul Guiltier, but after living in Thailand I have quit using any parfume except deo. 

100 bottles? Doesnt parfume age badly and quicker in hot climate?

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's neither a "disinfectant" nor a "conditioner", it's just perfumed aftershave!

It must be 40 percent alcohol. Why does it sting ?

I've no idea why but I'd guess because it's cheap and nasty.  If it is a disinfectant the toilet bowl would be a good place for it, I suppose!

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I never used after shave! 

For au de ToilettevJean Paul Guiltier, but after living in Thailand I have quit using any parfume except deo. 

100 bottles? Doesnt parfume age badly and quicker in hot climate?

One refrigerates it

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nothing worse than overly-perfumed smelly <deleted>@r competing with the Baygon!

We all know what you wear.

images.jpeg-22.jpg.3b589ebf088ed5343e01f687d6a1ddbd.jpg

I don't know why you'd think that you know that; there are no football clubs where I come from.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I guess we have different priorities 

One in Kitchen, one at balcony and one in the gym, still not space for 100 bottles of after shave ????

I do not buy them by the hundreds, however the ones I do have are refrigerated

51 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Chanel NEVER do any sales on their products (They don't really need too)

Chanel Antaeus only comes in 1 size - 100ml - How much is it at Central Festival ??

UK = £85 per bottle.

I can get it for £69.70.

I do not understand your post. I never asked for any sales.

I do not recall exactly how much I paid for the Antaeus, but it must have been something around 6'000.-- THB or a bit more in between up to 7'000.--. I cannot tell if 100ml is in it - it is just always the same size I know and there is no indication on the bottle itself (maybe on the carton, but this one goes into the garbage).

I wish to GAWD people would get it through their thick skulls that a fragrance should be discovered, not announced!

If I'm riding my pushbike and you pass me on a motorbike and I can smell it, that's too much.

If you step out of an elevator and I step in and I can still smell your fragrance, it's too much.

Basically, if I can smell your fragrance anywhere, it's too much.

Subtlety is the classy way to go.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Following your theory you need to be really really close to someone to "discover" the fragrance. Lets try next time in the elevator at Central when I bend my nose to the neck of the lady standing right near me and then say: "I knew it, Chanel No. 5". She would be delighted I suppose. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't know why you'd think that you know that; there are no football clubs where I come from.

Tranmere Rovers ????

8 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I do not understand your post. I never asked for any sales.

I never said you did brother- Just offered up some extra information - Relax.

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

If you step out of an elevator and I step in and I can still smell your fragrance, it's too much.

Good post brother - Appreciate it.

I remember one time, i was in my hotel room in Koh Samui on the 5th floor - I arrived 10 minutes before my "Friend" arrived - It was a long walk from the elevator to my room - When she arrived, she could smell me all the way - I was wearing Kouros that day.

Maybe i did actually overdo it.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

One that reminds me of "the good old days" of a mispent youth is this one....

download (4).jpeg

I still have that bottle, used to were it in the 80's along with Kuros, they were both my favorited and I purchased a bottle of Aramis on my last return to Oz in late 2018.

I enjoy the musky fragrance, although haven't had to put any on yet, although getting close now as my favourite below finished about 4 months ago, and I am now almost finished with Jimmy Choo as well, and am due to go back to Oz in July although am not pressed to, but a mate said he is looking at coming over in August, so if it turns out that way, I will be putting in me order, especially if he can get me the bottom one, been years since I had that and just remember it, as I always had trouble finding it.

CDS14546556.jpg?impolicy=resize&width=440

Jimmy Choo Man EDT 100 ml. | Shopee Thailand

Issey Miyake L&amp;#39;Eau D&amp;#39;Issey Pour Homme For Men EDT 125 ml. กล่องขาว  เทสเตอร์ใหม่ | Shopee Thailand

Edited by 4MyEgo

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Fair play mate - It takes a big man to come out with a statement like that.

They love it on Fragantica. 4.28/5. It's one of those fragrances that got a bad press because your Dad used to wear it but is actually good and gloriously retro. Just the original formula though, not the new stuff which smells like a badgers a**e. 

• Haha 1

Never use the stuff .

Take a shower and change your clothes regular is enough to keep people moving away from you .

I remember living in Norway catching a ferry to work and the stench from the after shave forced me to move often .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Very old school & actually an iconic fragrance - I had a bottle before in the UK before i left - I used it as a room freshener. (No offence intended)

No offence taken.

I experimented a fair bit with fragrances back in the day, and women mostly told me that they loved Cool Water or Joop on me as it wasn't overbearing, however for me personally it was Issey Miyake, i.e. if I wasn't on the prowl back in the day, that definitely wasn't overbearing and you'd have to be up and close to get a wif of that, but I could smell it and it was pleasant.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

No offence taken.

I experimented a fair bit with fragrances back in the day, and women mostly told me that they loved Cool Water or Joop on me as it wasn't overbearing, however for me personally it was Issey Miyake, i.e. if I wasn't on the prowl back in the day, that definitely wasn't overbearing and you'd have to be up and close to get a wif of that, but I could smell it and it was pleasant.

I like Isssey Miyake too - Their shower gel is also very nice.

Joop is extremely overbearing - 1 spray is more than enough.

A lot of people don't know this but different fragrances react to different peoples skin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I wish to GAWD people would get it through their thick skulls that a fragrance should be discovered, not announced!

If I'm riding my pushbike and you pass me on a motorbike and I can smell it, that's too much.

My farts come in different flavours/smells, I like to drop one in the lift, the look on other people's faces when they try to work out what I  ate last night is amusing. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, roo860 said:

My farts come in different flavours/smells, I like to drop one in the lift, the look on other people's faces when they try to work out what I  ate last night is amusing. 

Scottish? I worked quite a bit with Scotts offshore, and the funniest thing they knew, was to fart in public.

• Thanks 1

I used to wear aftershaves and it was chanel antaeus, which also seems to be the one most mentioned on this thread, an old gf also brought me some issy mayeke, which to be fair smelt nice. (the gf wasnt old, just was a few years ago now)

The problem i have and why i stopped wearing was the association, the over powering smell after was related to the demeanor of that person and generally both were offputting.

I also dont wear a watch anymore, although have and used to wear an expensive ones......it just sent out the wrong message) Basically attention seeking or look at me.

A genuine question, why do you wear aftershave?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ed strong said:

A genuine question, why do you wear aftershave?

Google is your friend.

The purpose of using an aftershave is to re-hydrate the skin once you've shaved, quite literally after the shave. This is because shaving can dry out the skin and cause it to feel tight and even a little prickly. That uncomfortable feeling is caused by a lack of moisture in the skin.

https://www.bulldogskincare.com/uk/blog/the-importance-of-aftershave-for-protecting-your-skin/#:~:text=The purpose of using an,of moisture in the skin.

Edited by IvorBiggun2