Cremation timetable

10 hours ago, connda said:

Buddhist don't normally do much more than bury their pets without much fuss.

Thank you for your comments.  I suspect may be a regional thing.  There are now many temples in Bangkok performing animal cremations.  (Historically, I believe there was only one in Klong Toei Nuea.)  The first two I 'phoned were very busy and the first available "slot" for cremation was several days away.  Certainly the neighbours (all Thai) have had their dogs cremated (with one exception that I know of).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NancyL said:

Perhaps the temple needed time to prepare your dog for cremation.  Did they surround him with flowers like they did my cat, prior to wrapping him in the cloth for cremation?

There wasn't any preparation, but perhaps crematoria need time to warm up? I don't know.

For the ceremony there were plastic flowers on the table, with my dog lying on a white sheet.  Also the usual vial of water to be tipped into a small bowl.  For the actual cremation the flowers and vial had gone, and they'd tied the corners of the sheet together.

• Like 1

my thoughts are with you oxx our beloved is laid to rest right in front of our house under a loverly smelling tree,[feb.2018] you are going to miss him oxx,it will hurt so a few tears now and then will help.

• Like 1