No more Day 5

pasturee

They refused to give me a refund outright, threatened to call the police if I insisted. Their reasons - i had neither booked nor paid and live in LOS anyway. Seems a bit mean to me and a flimsy excuse when I thought I made my claim in the genuine spirit of Thai corruption. You know - "when in Rome etc............." 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

They refused to give me a refund outright, threatened to call the police if I insisted. Their reasons - i had neither booked nor paid and live in LOS anyway. Seems a bit mean to me and a flimsy excuse when I thought I made my claim in the genuine spirit of Thai corruption. You know - "when in Rome etc............." 

They said you have not made a booking and have not paid ??....  

But you did make and paid for a booking ?...

Let them call the Police... If you have proof you have paid they have no leg to stand on. The government has also ‘urged’ all hotels to refund cancelled day 5 bookings. 

Also - What is the name of the hotel which will not refund - this may help others avoid them. 

Finally - for others, book through Agoda using the ‘easy cancel’ option - I cancelled my day 5 booking with two clicks of a mouse - it was that simple, no need to argue with hotels etc, that said, a lot of hotels are also being fair and providing refunds. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, pasturee said:

The hotel I am trying to receive a refund for DAY 5 from is INTIMATE in Pattaya.  They will not answer emails and when I phoned them from Canada they mumbled that NO REFUND.  What am I to do?

I hate to say it but.......get used to it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also in process of getting my 5th day refund...

Hotel said refund can be done when I check out from hotel on 06/Mar.

Sent my bank account details in email but hotel asking for my bank book 1st page for accurate bank information.

Seems genuine to me but not update from hotel since last week... ????

8 hours ago, pasturee said:

The hotel I am trying to receive a refund for DAY 5 from is INTIMATE in Pattaya.  They will not answer emails and when I phoned them from Canada they mumbled that NO REFUND.  What am I to do?

11 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

Also in process of getting my 5th day refund...

Hotel said refund can be done when I check out from hotel on 06/Mar.

Sent my bank account details in email but hotel asking for my bank book 1st page for accurate bank information.

Seems genuine to me but not update from hotel since last week... ????

Apparently the hotels have hired Air Asia to manage refund processing...don't worry....any day now....

You need to negotiate these things before you book.   There is plenty of competition and they will refund you if you specify that that is the only way you'll book.   Lesson learned during the 14 day quarantine when it was cut back to 10 days.  No refunds, sorry, but you can stay another 4 days as per the deal.   Next vacation, it was clear the 5th day PCR test was probably not going to last so specifically had them (same hotel) agree that if anything changed rule wise, I would be refunded the difference, testing fees or number of nights stayed.  They'll even put it in writing (which is really the only sure way).