JADE EAST: Did you ever live with a roommate who loved to swish on JADE EAST, morning, noon and night?

I just read a topic here concerning fragrances.

In my opinion, one of the worst things that can happen to one is to have a roommate who both sprinkles JADE EAST, and also listens to Dylan's Lay, Lady, Lay, over and over, while smelling himself.

This happened to me in 1965.

This roommate stunk up the whole room with Jade East, and also with Dylan, a highly overrated artist, if you could even call Dylan an artist, even though he did get the Nobel, which signifies absolutely NOTHING. 

No doubt, my roomate must have been an up-and-coming Ladyboy, for sure.

Nice guy, however, except he was heavy with the Jade East fragrance.

253938971_JADEEASTifshedoesnotgiveittoyou.thumb.jpg.7eb90485d987da7968b7f5837a5b11d8.jpg

Also, the Chinese characters in this ad are not so good.

Maybe, Real Men were not meant to sprinkle fragrances on their bodies?

You can, if you wish.

It's up to you.

Best.

• Confused 2

Also, why would any man or woman wish to anoint themselves with sweet smelling oils, now that we have hot showers?

Not living in the desert, we have access to soap and water.

Personally, I just love the smell of a woman, a woman in her natural state, just the smell of her is something I truly love.

There is no need for fragrances, provided the woman (or man) is healthy.

The smell of a woman is like french-fries:  Whom amongst us, smelling a french-fry, can help but take a bite? 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Personally, I just love the smell of a woman, a woman in her natural state, just the smell of her is something I truly love.

Unfortunately, the predominant odour from Thai women is as a direct result of the spicy meal she invariably had just before the intimacies.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Unfortunately, the predominant odour from Thai women is as a direct result of the spicy meal she invariably had just before the intimacies.

You might classify this odor as unfortunate. Still, each to his own.

A rose is a rose.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you don't like Bob Dylan.
Tsk tsk.

Have you tried to keep a brass bed polished, over an extended period of time?

Too much daily polishing, unless you have a servant to do this work for you.

Dylan, from your link, seems to require dental work.

Dylan's greatest hope was to be considered a poet.

In the end, he has become the greatest Nobel failure of all time.

At least, he will go down in history for this, if for nothing else.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Dylan was an astonishing musician and poet. Whether you like him or not, he was a force of nature and helped to define a generation. Certainly, in the 1960's.

Fragrances are a whole different story. Personally, I use them minimally. I consider deodorant to be far more important. And excessive use of fragrances is positively obnoxious. Jade East has to be right up there with Old Spice. For me, that would be enough reason to move out!

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Dylan was an astonishing musician and poet. Whether you like him or not, he was a force of nature and helped to define a generation. Certainly, in the 1960's.

Fragrances are a whole different story. Personally, I use them minimally. I consider deodorant to be far more important. And excessive use of fragrances is positively obnoxious. Jade East has to be right up there with Old Spice. For me, that would be enough reason to move out!

Dylan could not hold a candle to Janis Joplin, and, of course, neither one deserved a Nobel.

Dylan did not define a generation.

These days, no one cares about Dylan, except maybe Dylan.

Anyway, not easy to get a Nobel if one is not Male, Pale, and STALE.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You could not possibly be more wrong. While I not a big Dylan fan, I do acknowledge him for who he is, as a student of history and music. Whether you like his music or not, he is a genius and a giant. Joplin was great, but she did not live long enough to make the kind of impact Dylan has made. 

What set Bob Dylan apart from everybody was something more outlandish: It was how he wielded language. “Like a Rolling Stone” was surreal – in the sense of infusing the known with the unknown, certainly in ways never heard before in a popular song. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/why-bob-dylan-is-a-literary-genius-105108/

Bob Dylan is probably the most influential songwriter in the pop/rock idiom – so much so that he is the current Nobel Laureate in Literature, the first songwriter to be awarded the honor.

https://blog.discmakers.com/2017/12/why-bob-dylan-is-important-to-songwriters/

Just another error by the Nobel committee. Dylan was their greatest travesty in the history of the Nobel.

Just one single painting, is so much greater than ALL of what Dylan ever did... 

1077533142_VANGOGHIRISES.thumb.jpg.04b40753ff47ff27d1fb604128dbb7ed.jpg

Next time, for Literature, we should ask the committee to stick with literature.

Dylan was a self-important trumped up clown, with a few decent songs to his name.

• Sad 2

45 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You could not possibly be more wrong. While I not a big Dylan fan, I do acknowledge him for who he is, as a student of history and music. Whether you like his music or not, he is a genius and a giant. Joplin was great, but she did not live long enough to make the kind of impact Dylan has made. 

What set Bob Dylan apart from everybody was something more outlandish: It was how he wielded language. “Like a Rolling Stone” was surreal – in the sense of infusing the known with the unknown, certainly in ways never heard before in a popular song. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/why-bob-dylan-is-a-literary-genius-105108/

Bob Dylan is probably the most influential songwriter in the pop/rock idiom – so much so that he is the current Nobel Laureate in Literature, the first songwriter to be awarded the honor.

Like a Rolling Stone?

Well, .....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

He must have been a true genius, then.....to put four simple words together.

Dylan was a joke....

Get over it.

FORTUNATELY, after the Nobel screwed up in 2016, at least they got back on track and awarded Ishiguro.  And, I guess you might have liked The Remains of the Day, just as everyone else.

The Nobel is a joke.

Yet, not so much a joke as was Dylan.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

BALONEY...

Muddy Waters is even more influential than you might think.

He done got no Nobel prize.

Muddy Waters is Black.

No Nobel for Muddy.

What a joke.

Muddy is just a Rollin' Stone, ......

Poor white boys copy Muddy, but he don't get no prize.

What a Joke.

Even the Stones gave credit to Muddy.

Don't joke around, please.

The Nobel is a complete JOKE.

Everybody knows this.

Not only for Literature from Muddy Waters, but also for Science.

The Nobel is a complete Joke.

We need a Nobel Prize for stupidity, awarded to itself.

(The IgNobel Prize is not bad, though.)

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maybe, Real Men were not meant to sprinkle fragrances on their bodies?

Mr. G may I introduce you to RedArmy, a man who brings a mere 35 bottles of aftershave with him on his travels and author of the post AFTERSHAVE - what is everyone wearing?  You two have much to discuss

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The problem with the Nobel committee, these days, is that, although it is attempting to become relevant and pertinent, yet it will never catch up to where it should be, these days.  The Nobel committee is hindered and hobbled by archaic thinking, and maybe even biases which the world can no longer tolerate.

What the Nobel committee should do if it wishes to regain a fraction of its former relevancy is to: 

Jump Down, Turn Around, and pick a bale of cotton.

Only through manual labor, such as cotton picking, can the Nobel committee recover from its past selection failures.

Maybe, being in a country where the culture has been homogenous for too many years, then the Nobel committee should remove their bow ties andf formal dinner jackets, and, instead....

They should Jump Down, Turn Around, an pick cotton.

Maybe they should pick a bale of cotton.

So, please jump down, turn around, and pick a few days of cotton, every day

On 3/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, spidermike007 said:

Maybe 5% who cared. Most didnt. Singers are vastly overrated as are actors.

Bob only had 1 good song really. Van Morrison had 20.

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

No question Morrison was great. Again, we are talking about something very subjective here. Dylan sold 125 million albums. Obviously, a substantial number of people would disagree with your opinion that he had one good song, especially in light of how many great artists do cover songs of his work, to this day. 

Dylan is to music what NWR (Nicolas Winding Refn) is to film. You either love his work or you hate it. Hard to be indifferent about it. 

On 3/7/2022 at 10:43 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

The problem with the Nobel committee, these days, is that, although it is attempting to become relevant and pertinent, yet it will never catch up to where it should be, these days.  The Nobel committee is hindered and hobbled by archaic thinking, and maybe even biases which the world can no longer tolerate.

What the Nobel committee should do if it wishes to regain a fraction of its former relevancy is to: 

Jump Down, Turn Around, and pick a bale of cotton.

Only through manual labor, such as cotton picking, can the Nobel committee recover from its past selection failures.

Maybe, being in a country where the culture has been homogenous for too many years, then the Nobel committee should remove their bow ties andf formal dinner jackets, and, instead....

They should Jump Down, Turn Around, an pick cotton.

Maybe they should pick a bale of cotton.

So, please jump down, turn around, and pick a few days of cotton, every day

That all sounds a bit Pol Pot.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:56 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

BALONEY...

Muddy Waters is even more influential than you might think.

He done got no Nobel prize.

Muddy Waters is Black.

No Nobel for Muddy.

What a joke.

Muddy is just a Rollin' Stone, ......

Poor white boys copy Muddy, but he don't get no prize.

What a Joke.

Even the Stones gave credit to Muddy.

Don't joke around, please.

The Nobel is a complete JOKE.

Everybody knows this.

Not only for Literature from Muddy Waters, but also for Science.

The Nobel is a complete Joke.

We need a Nobel Prize for stupidity, awarded to itself.

(The IgNobel Prize is not bad, though.)

Al Gore got one

22 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

That all sounds a bit Pol Pot.

When one chooses to pick a bale of cotton, according to Leadbelly, one can't fool around.

Leadbelly deserves, at the very least, an IgNobel, prize, and maybe two.

24 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Lay off the keyboard. Are you lonely tonight? or all the time and this is why you write this gibberish?

This IS the Age of Anxiety, after all, and due to deteriorating social cohesion which we are experiencing, I cannot be the only one in this Lonely Crowd.

By the way, you might pick up this book, THE LONELY CROWD, written by David Reisman, and other authors, which told of just what you are speaking about.

The Lonely Crowd, which I read in 1968, is a dynamite book.

I recommend this book, and I hope that one guy here will enjoy it more than he enjoyed the film, The Ice Storm.

The_Lonely_Crowd.jpg.f5d3a63579528073e778fb21982c66a6.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lonely_Crowd#:~:text=The Lonely Crowd is a,landmark study of American character.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:13 PM, Sparktrader said:

Dylan had only one good song, as you say.

And, this was his most important song.

Which was:  His SWAN SONG.... Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Bye, Bye, Dylan...you are....GONE.

Except, you will be remembered by the Nobel Committee, which is what you always deserved. 

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I love Bob Dylan.

I love WILD THING, too!

But, not sure if the Troggs deserve a Nobel, although, anything is possible in Sweeeeeden.

Edited by GammaGlobulin