Revenge! Teen stabs boy at school after two students told teachers about mobile phone use

webfact

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A 16 year old Thai boy is in custody in Buriram in north east Thailand after a premeditated revenge attack on a 17 year at a school dormitory in the Lamplaimat police jurisdiction on Saturday afternoon. 

Police and rescue teams found "A" with a 25 cm knife stuck in his back. After getting treatment at a local hospital the M5 pupil was taken to Buriram medical center.

The assailant was "B" from Chiang Mai who was arrested while waiting for a train at the Lamplaimat station. 

Police said that he was on his way to Nakhon Ratchasima where he would have changed for Udon Thani on his way to see his mother.

He admitted the attack saying he had bought four knives 8 kms from the school then hired a motorcycle taxi to take him to the school gates, reported Thai Rath.

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

He got the driver's phone number and told him to wait.

He found the victim face down in bed and attacked him and was prevented from attacking another boy. He then fled the scene on the bike.

The assailant had harbored a deep grudge after two boys reported a friend of his for mobile phone use contrary to school rules leading to his friend being expelled.

He has been charged and detained. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-07

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The assailant had harbored a deep grudge after two boys reported a friend of his for mobile phone use contrary to school rules leading to his friend being expelled.

Well I hope he has the next 10 years of his life harboring another grudge... what a waste of lifetime.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear  !         what a messed up country this place really is.    Every school kid either has a gun or a knife.

Pathetic Thai parents,   just shows how inept,  uneducated,  and lack of understanding on how to be a proper parent and control your kids,  lack of discipline,  and how to teach them right from wrong.

I remember helping a university girl student once with some project work, one time as she was talking notes out of her bag, she dropped a fairly large knife out onto the floor.

I said why do you have a knife in your bag...

She replied that her father had given it to her for personal protection, if anyone attacked her she was to use it for defense.

She continued to say all her friends carried one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I was talking to a colleague who had been living in Pattaya with his Thai wife and children.He had to move back to England because the offshore work dried up. 

I asked if he and his family was OK with living in England. He replied saying he was terrified, saying that the school kids were walking the streets carrying knives, kids were getting stabbed daily.

He wanted so badly to still be living in Pattaya. 

The overwhelming cases of knife crime in the UK, well over 90%, involve young black people, usually in rival gangs. If your colleague's kids look anything other than black and are not in gangs then they're safe. I'm sure that your colleague knows that. If he doesn't then he should do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said that he was on his way to Nakhon Ratchasima where he would have changed for Udon Thani on his way to see his mother

Mummy is wasn't me.......

24 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Try not to generalise as not all Thai parents are the same and the majority of my sons mates are what I would term, normal 17 year olds, girls as well as boys.

I would certainly categorically say that your kid is a good kid and as you said his mates may are also good normal kids,  and that's because you know how to be a parent and he knows what is wrong,  unlike many Thai parents who have absolutely no clue as to where their kid is or what is he doing as they are to busy arguing who's turn to buy the next Loh Kao bottle.  Street gangs,  school gangs,  fighting, factions etc .....   all come back to how they were bought up .....  I have no doubt about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I remember helping a university girl student once with some project work, one time as she was talking notes out of her bag, she dropped a fairly large knife out onto the floor.

She replied that her father had given it to her for personal protection, if anyone attacked her she was to use it for defense.

Gave my daughters dog repellent spray that I bought in Pattaya..............they all live in London.

One of them went to visit her sister who worked in the House of Commons and forgot it was in her bag.

Security spotted it and she spent the rest of the day in a police cell. Eventually charged with a category 5 fire arms offense............cost me £500......how we larfed

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

It seem common that boys and the younger men seem to always head home to visit

Mommy after they have done a crime.  Such a bunch of brave people, these kind of guys.

Go home to mommy or go to the temple to repent their sins... too late.

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

just shows how inept,  uneducated,  and lack of understanding on how to be a proper parent and control your kids

Final exam time is fast approaching here in the moo ban. The kids are all studying online, supposedly, due to the rise in Covid cases. They're all lying around with their phones doing something. They're also riding 2-3 per motorbike, cruising up and down the road, surely on the way to their study groups.

Someone keeps paying those phone bills and for the more expensive gas going in those motorbikes. They could easily put their feet down by cutting these off, yet don't. It's no wonder then how such spolied brats do such things.

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What kind of school expels a student for using a phone ????

Surely there is more to this story.... 

I know a private school where kids are send to "Detention room" (horrible name), if they are seen on their mobile phone even if it happens before school actually starts.

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

When i was young, the ladies had dildos in their bags and now knifes.
How time has changed.

They should blame the government as they ban all sales of sex toys.

Edited by RafPinto
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

Does that mean that I have to frisk my son for knives before I take him to school?  AFAIK the only gun he has used is a bum gun.

Try not to generalise as not all Thai parents are the same and the majority of my sons mates are what I would term, normal 17 year olds, girls as well as boys.

You could equally same the same about western teenagers, especially in the UK.

You are right, not all Thai parents are the same.

But we can certainly generalize about the quality of parental education here...

23 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I was talking to a colleague who had been living in Pattaya with his Thai wife and children.He had to move back to England because the offshore work dried up. 

I asked if he and his family was OK with living in England. He replied saying he was terrified, saying that the school kids were walking the streets carrying knives, kids were getting stabbed daily.

He wanted so badly to still be living in Pattaya. 

yep good old UK....still safer here in los

2 hours ago, RafPinto said:

When i was young, the ladies had dildos in their bags and now knifes.
How time has changed

I remember going through passenger search at an airport once, a few years back.

In front of me was a young lady who was having her bag searched as an item within needed to be checked.

The security agent took out the contents plus something which was wrapped in a cloth and put it carefully on the stainless table.

The look on her face said everything as it stated to vibrate around on the metal surface...

Red faced she scooped it up quickly and asked to put it back.

The poor girl wanted the ground to open up.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

I would certainly categorically say that your kid is a good kid and as you said his mates may are also good normal kids,  and that's because you know how to be a parent and he knows what is wrong,  unlike many Thai parents who have absolutely no clue as to where their kid is or what is he doing as they are to busy arguing who's turn to buy the next Loh Kao bottle.  Street gangs,  school gangs,  fighting, factions etc .....   all come back to how they were bought up .....  I have no doubt about that.

Will old men ever stop complaining about the 'yooths'.

“Children; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. They no longer rise when elders enter the room, they contradict their parents and tyrannize their teachers. Children are now tyrants.”

Socrates, circa 470BC.

Edited by johnnybangkok