Foreign tourists will flood into Thailand after marijuana law changes - Thai ganja called country's "secret weapon"

webfact

4 hours ago, Sharron Merrilees said:

My daughter had a male teacher in high school that smoked,Then they decided that kids were getting into it mainly from parents or other adults,so the education decided that they needed to be taut the wrong's about it extra, Guess who got the job that male teacher and what did the kid's get out of it how to chop up and to pack a bong, and till the difference between a male and female plant. (can't beet the Aussie education ).    

Just so you know that education in English is something we all take for granted - corrections highlighted and underlined:-

My daughter had a male teacher in high school that smoked pot.  Then they decided that kids were getting into it mainly from parents or other adults, so the Education Department decided that they needed to be taught  the rights and wrongs about it. (extra?) Guess who got the job? That male teacher! And  what did the kids get out of it? How to chop up and to pack a bong, and tell  the difference between a male and female plant. (Can't beat  the Aussie education.)

Just being a pedantic English Grammar Police (man!) ???? 

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sambum said:

Just so you know that education in English is something we all take for granted - corrections highlighted and underlined:-

My daughter had a male teacher in high school that smoked pot.  Then they decided that kids were getting into it mainly from parents or other adults, so the Education Department decided that they needed to be taught  the rights and wrongs about it. (extra?) Guess who got the job? That male teacher! And  what did the kids get out of it? How to chop up and to pack a bong, and tell  the difference between a male and female plant. (Can't beat  the Aussie education.)

Just being a pedantic English Grammar Police (man!) ???? 

Oh for Gods sake, another retired teacher ,we bow to your superior knowledge of the English language,  why don't you keep your corrections to yourself ?

• Sad 1

So Tourists  are  going to come to Thailand to smoke this stuff ???? 

What kind of Tourists Hippies ????

Where do they smoke this in Hotels  special places cafes ect 

This is a other pipe dream from the Tourist industry 

It's time they stopped smoking what ever it is coming up with these ideas 

32 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

If you can wait at least 6 months and nobody steals your harvest. 

For indicas and hybrids depending on what size you want and what traits the strain have , but lets say you want a 5 feet tall sativa dominant hybrid, that would need about 1 month of veg time and then 9-11 weeks of flower.  This means you would harvest the plants around 3-4 months after planting.  It would be even faster in Thailand because it would start to flower earlier if you grow it outside since we only have 10-13 hours of daylight. 

A pure indica or a indica dominant hybrid would be even faster since the flowering times for most of them is 7-9 weeks depending on the strain.  That would mean that you would be able to harvest around 3 months after planting. 

Then we have autoflowering hybrids, these are even faster. However you would have to use additional lights because these need longer hours of sunlight than Thailand can provide so they would end up pretty small. 

However, pure equatorial sativas(like in thailand and laos) can take up to 200 days of flowering to be fully finished, this is because they re-veg and flower at the same time. 

Edited by Okis
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Oh for Gods sake, another retired teacher ,we bow to your superior knowledge of the English language,  why don't you keep your corrections to yourself ?

Oh, for Buddha's sake, not a retired teacher - just someone who thinks that you should be able to write the language you speak! 

It was meant as a "jokey" kind of comment to someone who was making a comment about Education, but obviously he/she took it in the manner that it was intended!

The discombobulated messages in this thread, along with goofy spelling, missing words, and lack of grammar, gives the impression the posters are under the influence of something.  

In the past I long wanted to go to Amsterdam just to experience legal weed in a modern environment.  I lived in states in India where it was legal but the police would still expect baksheesh, so that doesn't count.  Never thought I'd see legal recreational in the US, but it's true in some states.

• Thanks 1

Big C Rajadamri. No medicinal or psychoactive effect, but interesting to see. Who would have thought you could buy marijuana leaves and kratom at Big C just a couple years ago. 

20220304_132713.jpg

Edited by ricklev
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Well, have you actually looked for those studies or are you just assuming they don't exist??

You sound like a one quote wonder - and someone who doesn't understand what a proper trail entails.

as said there are some trails that SHOW promise but are untested - i.e. unrepeated. or too small in numbers.

because people WANT cannabis to be a miracle drug they cherry pick papers to suit their preferred conclusions.

You also find that some uses of cannabis and its derivatives are in fact not as efficacious as other treatments but still the trails, however small are heralded as miracle breakthroughs.

PS - when it comes to PAIN the you might as well give up - it is a hallmark of quackery that they cite success with pain relief or other unmeasurable effects - this the allows the patients to say what they like about the efficacy and it is pretty much unchallengeable - it is also worthless.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

You sound like a one quote wonder - and someone who doesn't understand what a proper trail entails.

as said there are some trails that SHOW promise but are untested - i.e. unrepeated. or too small in numbers.

because people WANT cannabis to be a miracle drug they cherry pick papers to suit their preferred conclusions.

You also find that some uses of cannabis and its derivatives are in fact not as efficacious as other treatments but still the trails, however small are heralded as miracle breakthroughs.

PS - when it comes to PAIN the you might as well give up - it is a hallmark of quackery that they cite success with pain relief or other unmeasurable effects - this the allows the patients to say what they like about the efficacy and it is pretty much unchallengeable - it is also worthless.

Riiiight! Keep on hating buddy! It's all good. I'll stick with the opinion of experts on the subject matter instead! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is he retarded or just plain stupid?  Tourists have flocked to Thailand for Jasmin rice. 5555!  And will now for non-THC weed.  Think he was smoking the good weed and lots of it to come out with statements like that.  Idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jerno said:

Is he retarded or just plain stupid?  Tourists have flocked to Thailand for Jasmin rice. 5555!  And will now for non-THC weed.  Think he was smoking the good weed and lots of it to come out with statements like that.  Idiot. 

Limelight seeking troll more like

7 hours ago, bendejo said:

The discombobulated messages in this thread, along with goofy spelling, missing words, and lack of grammar, gives the impression the posters are under the influence of something.  

In the past I long

Rather funny when grammar police make mistakes in their grammar! 

You need a comma after an introductory adverbial phrase or clause ???? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, sambum said:

I also made the comment about "every pot smoker becoming a drug addict" because I thought it was relevant to show how even qualified police professionals are giving out misleading information. I agree that it is a possibilty that some pot smokers may end up becoming drug addicts, in the same way as some  underaged teenager having an illegal pint may end up becoming an alcoholic, but it is by no means a certainty! And to be honest, I have never heard of anyone suffering "permanent psychosis" from one pot smoking session! I agree that prolonged use may well cause problems, but not one session! I think you may be getting confused with LSD, where one "trip" can lead to the "permanent psychosis" to which you refer, but I believe that to be very rare indeed. 

I smoked pot at 15 years old and became a drug addict. The reason I believe has nothing to do with the pot but the fact that I have an addictive personality or if you prefer, the disease of addiction is in my genes. However, I bought my dope from my friend's sister who was a heroin addict. She offered stronger, addictive drugs later. The fact that drugs were illegal sped up my progress to hard drugs. I believe all drugs should be legal for many reasons. I've been to states in India where alcohol was illegal but bought ganja and opium from a government shop. Where I come from(Scotland) alcohol is promoted and advertised, despite being the cause of 3 out of 4 court cases. It really is stupid that alcohol should be legal and ganja(even heroin) not. Ganja and LSD are great gateways to a spiritual experience. 

Edited by Neeranam

16 hours ago, Okis said:

For indicas and hybrids depending on what size you want and what traits the strain have , but lets say you want a 5 feet tall sativa dominant hybrid, that would need about 1 month of veg time and then 9-11 weeks of flower.  This means you would harvest the plants around 3-4 months after planting.  It would be even faster in Thailand because it would start to flower earlier if you grow it outside since we only have 10-13 hours of daylight. 

A pure indica or a indica dominant hybrid would be even faster since the flowering times for most of them is 7-9 weeks depending on the strain.  That would mean that you would be able to harvest around 3 months after planting. 

Then we have autoflowering hybrids, these are even faster. However you would have to use additional lights because these need longer hours of sunlight than Thailand can provide so they would end up pretty small. 

However, pure equatorial sativas(like in thailand and laos) can take up to 200 days of flowering to be fully finished, this is because they re-veg and flower at the same time. 

What you wrote is true if you have access to artificial lighting, a greenhouse and a proper seedbank which in Thailand isn't the case. You kindly forgot the time which is needed to dry and cure the cannabis to make it smokeable. If you grow outside in Thailand because of the weather( rainy season) you can have only one harvest.  Fact is if you use a Thai sativa strain you need at least 6 months to make a proper product. My point is that if they will only allow the production and consumption of CBD Hemp than very quick people will try to make a quick buck by turning CBD oil into THC oil with the method I mentioned in my OP or use one of the other available methods.

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I smoked pot at 15 years old and became a drug addict. The reason I believe has nothing to do with the pot but the fact that I have an addictive personality or if you prefer, the disease of addiction is in my genes. However, I bought my dope from my friend's sister who was a heroin addict. She offered stronger, addictive drugs later. The fact that drugs were illegal sped up my progress to hard drugs. I believe all drugs should be legal for many reasons. I've been to states in India where alcohol was illegal but bought ganja and opium from a government shop. Where I come from(Scotland) alcohol is promoted and advertised, despite being the cause of 3 out of 4 court cases. It really is stupid that alcohol should be legal and ganja(even heroin) not. Ganja and LSD are great gateways to a spiritual experience. 

Thank you for your honesty - I admire your stance!

I started smoking pot in my late teens, along with "uppers and downers", and in my 20's/30's used a bit of cocaine occasionally, but was never tempted to use "smack".

I did try LSD a few times too, but after a dodgy "trip", and a few "flashbacks" called it a day on that!

My own personal opinion is that smoking pot should be legalised everywhere - I believe in the States (and probably in the UK) prison guards will turn a blind eye to the use of pot as it has a known calming effect on the inmates!

However, regarding the legalisation of ALL drugs, I am afraid we will have to differ, but as I said earlier - I admire your stance on the subject!