Images Of Samui, Phangan And Tao

Takes some skills not to fly too high and hit the electric cables or too low to hit people.

I recognized it immediately when he came out of the soi to the bigger road. It's just outside my place. hehe

I've been planning for a while now to walk around this lake. Just waiting for an opportunity not too hot weather and whenever I manage to wake up early enough...

Will probably start walking around 5:30 in the morning just when it's getting daylight.

Totally agree on the skill part, I tried finding some other youtube drone clips done in Thailand and the guy who made the Samui one has some great piloting ability, he made it look easy when I'm sure it's very difficult.

Yes he done several video , and a famous one called "sunset"
In this vidéo he flew over the main Road of Chaweng and over the Beach, but unfortunatly he took off this vidéo from Youtub.

And I confirm I drive myself drones, and this guy is super talented and has a very good material that allows it to fly in immersion.

That means he sees in real time through glasses as if he was in the Drone
This is called FPV
.(First Person View)

Very nice. Had a go with this on remote control cars in the UK a few years back. Even the experts would lean forward under breaking, lean into a corner and lean back when accelerating out. Great fun but very hard.

Very nice. Had a go with this on remote control cars in the UK a few years back. Even the experts would lean forward under breaking, lean into a corner and lean back when accelerating out. Great fun but very hard.

Hehe must be fun to watch someone doing a tour with hes drone.

But i must admit after seeing quite a few on those videos online, that's it's good they are not cheap to come by.

Otherwise i think there would be a lot of those things flying around areas where they are not suppose to be.

Would really suck if one of them crashed into a wire and fell down on the street and caused a traffic accident.

But the footage is still beautiful to watch.

Just be careful with them.

Takes some skills not to fly too high and hit the electric cables or too low to hit people.

I recognized it immediately when he came out of the soi to the bigger road. It's just outside my place. hehe

I've been planning for a while now to walk around this lake. Just waiting for an opportunity not too hot weather and whenever I manage to wake up early enough...

Will probably start walking around 5:30 in the morning just when it's getting daylight.

It's pitch black when I get up at 5.45 Mole. Leave it a bit later.

Hehe must be fun to watch someone doing a tour with hes drone.

But i must admit after seeing quite a few on those videos online, that's it's good they are not cheap to come by.

Otherwise i think there would be a lot of those things flying around areas where they are not suppose to be.

Would really suck if one of them crashed into a wire and fell down on the street and caused a traffic accident.

But the footage is still beautiful to watch.

Just be careful with them.

Done it with a couple of friends in their late 30s who were into remote control. Co-owners of a large security system company and raking it in. Had a huge open plan office with 6 staff dotted around. All staff member had one of the cheap 'copters (1500 Baht or less here) which they used to move small amounts of paperwork around the office such a letter that needed signing. No way they could carry a camera but a sheet of paper was not an issue.

One of them bought a huge petrol fuelled 'copter. 1.2 - 1.3 meters long and around 60-70cm high I guess. Crashed it first time out in a field in Romford (UK) and just left it there. Cost around 2k (GBP) and lasted well under 5 minutes.

Edited by Rooo
quotes

Ok i must say that was some pretty amazing control he had over that drone, especially flying in between the trees.

What else did i learn from that video.

I can see they did paint the basketball field and other stuff near the lake.

The festival center looks like it has trouble reaching it's original opening day march 1.

There was no walking street that day near monkey bay bar.

They torn down several buildings the last year in Chaweng.

They didn't get rid of those green ugly rubber thingies out in the water on Chaweng beach.

They got rid of the funny monkey statues near chaweng lake.

He got quite close to the powerlines/trees down near the Duke.

He spooked a couple of buffaloes.

:)

• Like 1

Ok i must say that was some pretty amazing control he had over that drone, especially flying in between the trees.

The festival center looks like it has trouble reaching it's original opening day march 1.

They didn't get rid of those green ugly rubber thingies out in the water on Chaweng beach.

:)

Virt,

I'm thinking this was shot a while ago actually.

The vacant lot on the right of the Monkey Bar / sometime walking street now has a near completed hotel on it called Ozo. Due to open in March / April.

In the video construction hasn't even begun.

Central Festival opening date I believe is meant to be 24th of March, they may make it :)

Thosd ugly green rubber waterpark things on Chaweng Beach, are still there, sorry to break that to you.

smile.png

Hmmm... what else did I learn from this excellent video:

Step back five metres from the beaches, and urban Samui is mostly a garbage-ridden sprawl.

• Like 1

Hmmm... what else did I learn from this excellent video:

Step back five metres from the beaches, and urban Samui is mostly a garbage-ridden sprawl.

Jose - I suspect that you are trolling here. wink.png

Do you really believe that KPN (and Tao) are pristine? Poppycock.whistling.gif

If by urban you mean Chaweng - no one here would disagree. I would also include Haad Riin and some parts of the interior of Kh Tao (where the locals dump their rubbish) in the same category - just smaller.bah.gif

Nathon and Maenam are much tidier. I cannot comment on Lamai. sad.png

So, here we are again with people confusing Chaweng with Samui. That is similar to likening Haad Rin on the FMP night with the whole of KPN. Come on, grow up please. facepalm.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

Don't take it personally, Tropicalevo - most if not all urbanised areas in Thailand (i.e., places with a dense human concentration) are generally dumps for garbage of all sorts, and that definitely includes Haad Rin, Thongsala, Bantai, etc in KPG.

• Like 1

I ran into that guy, with the drone thingy the other day and had a bit of a chat with him, in Maenam, I took a picture of his drone ...but I cannot find it now! w00t.giffacepalm.gif

He was doing some shots near Buddha beach and Lomprayah ferry, Maenam... The drone is much smaller than one would imagine... perhaps 15" to 18" with small helicopter wings... He said he would post on You Tube in a month or two..thumbsup.gif

Mean while, this is fun on the CAT... down at Lamai Beach! (despite the brown algae..currently on some of the Lamai beaches.)

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1866.JPG

That would be a bit of a challenge!

IMG_1881.JPG

but you fly your kite!

IMG_1880.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

Hello

Samuijimmy wrote :"The drone is much smaller than one would imagine... perhaps 15" to 18" with small helicopter wings..."

In fact it's a one like this one (it's mine) 14" / 1.6kg with battery

You can film with a GoPro

I hope to see the Guy in July I'll be in Samui one more time clap2.gif

post-200244-0-91341400-1393957531_thumb.

post-200244-0-27453800-1393957559_thumb.

• Like 1

Hi all if I wanted to spend a week on either Samui or Phangan. Is it worth it during January or is the weather too rainy then?

Not much rain on either islands in January... perhaps a morning shower occasionally .... November is really the month to avoid....

Temps in January a little cooler than now.... so come on down or up! wink.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jimmy, Ban Tai looks fantastic. I'm assuming it's near Bang Po but can't exactly figure it out.

Can you help out with directions or which resort is on it? I'll be in a car trying to find it.

Cheers,

Matt.

I could be mistaken but i think it looks like Mimosa resort and spa not so far from maenam beach.

I think we passed it at a beachwalk last month on our vacation.

Good thing that our next vacation is allready paid and booked.

2 ½ month to go.

Maenam and Lamai this time :D

Can't wait.

• Like 1