Images Of Samui, Phangan And Tao

Continuing on now... to the Tartain Water fall, .... as with any waterfall, better to go visit after a good amount of rain... a little disappointing at the moment!

But it's a pleasant ride to get there !

Back%2520%2520roads%2520Samui%2520%2520M

This is the booth, for the usual drinks and snacks... Tartain Water Fall... 100 baht entry fee...

They have a swimming pool, so one can take a dip before or after the hike to the various falls!

One of the falls, biggest of them all... but as I said think this be more dramatic after some rain! .... About 15 minute hike from the entrance.

Very peaceful spot though... just sit and listen to the birds !

• Like 1

Make sure to follow instructions wink.png

Signs into and out to the main road.... are quite well posted en route! thumbsup.gif A pleasant experience... also not far from the Lamai Big Buddha Temple, that has been previously posted.

Vehicles (4 x4's) can access these points from Maenam, Lamai, via Soi one and some of the other roads going up into the hills... it's just the road from Lipa Noi Chevrolet shop, that is not accessible at this time! wink.png

• Like 1

Driving past Ban Por beach this morning, I was surprised to see how low the tide was.... obviously tidal variations to time of day!

All these images were taken with 3 hours of each other...

IMG_2884.JPG

Lipa Noi beach was actually much higher than I expected, good wind coming from the west too!

There were a few people swimming!

IMG_2908.JPG

Nanthon area beaches very low tide...

IMG_2921.JPG

Maenam beach at Soi 4 ... a number of people swimming!

IMG_2930.JPG

• Like 1

Probably Samui's longest concreted hill.... w00t.gif

I had been looking for this road for a long time! It can be seen from various points around Maenam and BanTai.... Accessible from the maze of back roads a top Samui, but also from passing the entrance to Santi Buri Golf Course.... not sure why I missed that before! wink.png

Fabulous views up there !

Samui%2520Back%2520roads%2520Jun%25204%2

Some may find this shocking whistling.giftongue.png

But many electric poles are being readied to be put up a top of the island, especially from the Nathon side... This road is a side road that leads to the steep road posted two photos above, down to Maenam !

I am sure many of the farmers up there will appreciate having electric! thumbsup.gif

Samui%2520Back%2520roads%2520Jun%25204%2

• 3 weeks later...

Samui's newest road in the making.... (guessing at some stage it will be concreted) It's quite smooth at the moment... but a steep climb!

Soi 3 from Maenam now joins the connecting road atop of Samui, which connects to other roads around the island... thumbsup.gif This comes out near the New Lamai Temple and the road that leads to Soi 5 !

View from where it meets at the top... a Y junction here...

Samui%2520Backroads%2520June%2520Jun%252

About half way up /down!

Samui%2520roads%2520Jun%252026%252C%2520

It also goes past the huge gravel pit (on Soi 3) which can be seen from several points from Soi 5 and the top of the island north to south road.

Samui%2520roads%2520Jun%252026%252C%2520

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a try with panorama function on camera.

Sitting enjoying a drink on your place when bad weather is rolling in from south east. Good weather near koh matlang but not so good at down at the southern part of chaweng. Finished our drink and got home in time before it poored down :-)

www.gratisimage.dk/graphic/images/2013/july/15/C9c8_51e364F0.jpg

Hmm cant get those links to work on this samsung tablet and cant seem to upload them on tvs uploader so must look at it later. :-)

Edited by Virt

They spoke Russian with eachother. There were a couple who were kayaking around the island and decided to go ashore exploring.

We didn't spoke though.

If I wasn't sure they were Russian, I wouldn't have said so, would I?

Great shot there by Virt,thumbsup.gif .... glad the weather has improved for your holiday!

After seeing Moles recent shots, at low tide,

I was surprised to day to see how high the tide was at Ban Tai today... and how much erosion has occurred in the last few weeks..w00t.gif

SAM_0070.JPG

Opps there goes the steps!

SAM_0071.JPG

Tons of sand washed away from what used to be a nice quiet beach! (over the bluff at Ban Tai, toward Freedom Bar beach)

SAM_0081.JPG

There was new coral forming just off shore, along Ban Tai beach, which I suspect may now be no more? sad.png

• 2 weeks later...

seems the back roads are getting more and more popular... lots of Farangs both on motorbikes and Quads today! wink.png

SAM_0477.JPG

Since the last trip, there are many more ruts in the roads due to recent rains!

The bridge coming from the Chevrolet dealer in Lipa Noi, is now open, which is good for car and truck drivers headed into the hills!! thumbsup.gif

SAM_0508.JPG

long legs are an asset!

IMG_4127.JPG

Headed up from Soi 3 Maenam!

SAM_0448.JPG

Best thing is to ....tongue.png

SAM_0502.JPG

• Like 1