Images Of Samui, Phangan And Tao

I'd forgotten just how great some of the photos are in this topic. Good stuff everyone.

I remember seeing some old ones of Chaweng somewhere - including one of the rickety wooden bridge over the lake.

Were they part of the ones here that are no longer valid, or were they somewhere else?

Anyone remember?

Cheers,

Rob

I'd forgotten just how great some of the photos are in this topic. Good stuff everyone.

I remember seeing some old ones of Chaweng somewhere - including one of the rickety wooden bridge over the lake.

Were they part of the ones here that are no longer valid, or were they somewhere else?

Anyone remember?

Cheers,

Rob

Thank you Rob, for your comments! thumbsup.gif

Can't say I remember the images you mentioned ... but they could be here too... unsure.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/84-photography-and-the-arts/

It might take a while to go through, though! facepalm.gif.... a rainy day project for you..... if we get more rain!!! ..be sure to give the link if you find!!! tongue.png

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

Anyone remember?

Cheers,

Rob

Thank you Rob, for your comments! thumbsup.gif

Can't say I remember the images you mentioned ... but they could be here too... unsure.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/84-photography-and-the-arts/

It might take a while to go through, though! facepalm.gif.... a rainy day project for you..... if we get more rain!!! ..be sure to give the link if you find!!! tongue.png

Found it but it's gone!

Birdman in Feb 2011 posted it - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/446520-old-bridge-over-chaweng-lake/

I've PM'd him to see if he still has it.

R

• 3 weeks later...

Back on post 378, image of Maenam beach, at the west end, near Lomprayah Ferry terminal, I thought the November storms would bring back the sand... but far from it, sad.png .... perhaps another two meters of sand lost!!!

The waves along some of the north end beaches seem to be relentless, this year... Every night I can hear the waves from my home 300 meters from the beach ...

This was today!

IMG_8619.JPG

Soon those sun chairs will be floating away! whistling.gif

IMG_8609.JPG

At least no one attempting to swim!...thumbsup.gif

IMG_8611.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy

• 2 weeks later...

All the fallen coconut trees along the far end of Ban Tai beach Samui, have now been cleared away... a popular beach for families with kids... there is very nice soft sand there!

This was late yesterday after noon...

IMG_9313.JPG

IMG_9321.JPG

Fishing not so good!

IMG_9362.JPG

Sunset not bad at this time of year!

IMG_9377.JPG

It's nice to see the waves are starting to calm down, finally!

• Like 1

Chaloklum, village, north end of Koh Phangan... Pretty in it's own way... and laid back!

IMG_1037.JPG

Beach to the east side of the village.... there are bungalows along there, but I don't know any names... closer beach, than the west side of the village..

IMG_1059.JPG

watch out for elephants in the area! tongue.png

IMG_1092.JPG

This is the west side beach of Chaloklum, KP. Very fine white sand! a bit of a walk, to village!

IMG_0934.JPG

• Like 2

Here is a beach just north of Plai Laem at 6.30 this morning.

High tide and no tourists. In fact, I have never seen tourists on this beach.

Note to self - must upgrade the old 'point and click'.

First photo is looking south to Big Buddha.

Second is looking north to Koh Som/Six Senses

Last - new mangrove plants, re-planted a few years back. Developers cut down almost a rai of mature mangroves here back in 2003/2004 ish.

post-79343-0-15824300-1389399486_thumb.j

post-79343-0-17813500-1389399586_thumb.j

post-79343-0-58495500-1389399711_thumb.j

• Like 1

A few shots of Fisherman's Village Bophut Samui... lots of character.... prices higher than other areas but an interesting area to wander.

Friday nights is "walking street" ... very popular... parking not easy!

A few random shots of the area!

IMG_9952.JPG

IMG_9953.JPG

one of the restaurants...

IMG_9963.JPG

IMG_9966.JPG

IMG_9970.JPG

• Like 2

I wonder what made my last batch, so popular ....biggrin.pngrolleyes.gif .... was it the third photo...or the monitor lizard ?.tongue.png

Chawang Beach, yesterday.... nice waves... thumbsup.gif

IMG_0177.JPG

you want to buy?

IMG_0173.JPG

You want to pay 100 baht for lounge chair? .... I guess not many people need at 11 am !

IMG_0163.JPG

Do pay attention to this!

IMG_0182.JPG

• Like 2

Oh!!!... The January weather and some of the beaches this month, worse and more changeable than I can remember in 9 years or so! w00t.gif One day nice the next day.....bah.gif

Today on Maenam beach area, end of Maenam Resort road and Buddha beach (Maenam!)

Don't try this !

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

Buddha Beach (Maenam) about a kilometer west... of above ^

IMG_0400.JPG

Great pics John, thanks ever so much.

Where were they taken.

Certainly sounds like you're having some strange cool weather there at the moment.

11 weeks, 5 days to go till I'm back, seems like forever.

Edited by Absolut

Jim, your pics make me miss Samui even more. 3 months till I can get back. Keep them coming.

Can i chip in with a few shots from our trips to Samui.

Coming back in March and looking forward to it biggrin.png

post-138525-0-72544400-1390568868_thumb.

post-138525-0-04139300-1390568884_thumb.

post-138525-0-97051900-1390568862_thumb.

post-138525-0-67334900-1390568876_thumb.

post-138525-0-68251300-1390568891_thumb.

post-138525-0-03205200-1390568897_thumb.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comment Virt... .. (and Absolut too in his post ^ ) I some times wonder if I post a tad too many!!!! ? whistling.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.png .....I'll use the photo section more... unless appropriate....wink.png

Yours are great too!... thumbsup.gif... I cannot figure out where they are though....?... other than the airport ...

No pics today.... but at least things are calming down .... Maenam beach almost calm late this afternoon ..... and there was sun today... thumbsup.gif Hope it lasts a while this time!

It's still a little chilly for us acclimatized folks!

Hope weather gets better when we arrive in march ;)

Staying 5 days at Maenam and 11 days at Chaweng at our usual hotel and then 5 days in Bangkok is situation has settled down a bit, but our first time in Maenam, so will be fun to see a new place.

As for the 6 pictures:

Samui airport.

View from Buddha's footprint.

View from our hotel room at chaweng looking out over Chaweng/Matlang

Coconut oil seller 1 Km away or so from Butterfly garden on the road to Kamalaya

Taling Ngam beach south end.

Bang po on the beach near a lovely restaurant. Chan Hom or Jun hom or something like that.

• Like 1

More of Samui's secret places revealed themselves to day.... thumbsup.gif It never ceases to amaze me how many beautiful areas there are tucked away on the island~!!!

Another member and I started off from Soi 5 Maenam, to Autoboy Nathon, there is two routes from View point restaurant area... one turning right at top of Soi five, is difficult, the other turning left and just beyond Viewpoint turn right, and follow the road, it takes about 20 -30 mins to get to Nathon...

We then drove to Lipa Noi Chevrolet dealer and turned left there.... goes past the Military barracks ... has signs saying don't go through... just ignore that and keep going.... wink.png Currently only doable on bike, as bridge being renewed... but other than that it's a pretty good concrete road...

The new bridge, not open yet! But a bye pass for bikes to get around!

Back%2520%2520roads%2520Samui%2520%2520M

View from Peak Eye Restaurant .....

Back%2520%2520roads%2520Samui%2520%2520M

I'll continue on new post!

Went looking for this last time there but missed it. Going to have to make sure I find it in April, that view is amazing.

• Like 1

^ Thanks Absolut, thumbsup.gif

The bridge in that image above, is now open for cars and trucks ... before it had a detour only for motor bikes ... It's really nice up in that area.... several attractions like Paradise Farm and a few others that names don't come to mind~

One has to go through the army / navy check point which is no big deal~!! But just after Peak Eye view, the road is now closed, not sure why.... (perhaps temporary, for fixing something beyond ?)

Some roads are cement others turn in to dirt tracks... for those less "hardy people" the best way to do is by the Safari truck tours... they stop at most of the key places... there are a number of different companies around... not all do the same things... wink.png

Come April, it's nice to get up into the hills, to cool down!!! as it is the warmest month and clearer weather ...right now one needs a jacket or sweater ... even at some of the beach areas! bah.gif ( it seems to depend on the day right now ! sad.png )