Kerry delivery problems

poppysdad

I ordered some medicines from a clinic where I used to live and we decided on Kerry as the delivery company. I was told to expect delivery by Saturday or Sunday so not a specific day. I don’t know about you but I’m out and about for  some part of most days even if only popping out to the shops for half and hour. 
Anyway, come Wednesday my package has still not arrived so on contacting the clinic they checked and told me that Kerry say they have tried to deliver 3 times. So why on earth can they not telephone me to say they are attempting delivery, if not that why can they not put a simple note in your post box to say they have tried to deliver so you can contact them to arrange acceptance of the package, a simple preprinted note is all that is needed. My Thai lady is understandingly unhappy about me going in to tell them so. 
To finish, the clinic resent the parcel via the postal service complete with a tracking number which is in the local post office now and my lady is on her to to collect it. I think I’ll use the post office rather than Kerry in future.

• Like 2

The delivery drivers often mark items as 'unable to deliver' if they don't have much to do out your way, or it's close to knocking off time, or they've taken too many items to deliver. I assume they are paid per item, so a trip to an out of the way place is probably not worth their time.

Today I had an item cancelled and marked 'returned to the seller', despite the tracking never showing the item delivered to the 'last mile hub'. Not sure the item was ever dispatched ....... it's all a bit odd.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve found Kerry to be extremely reliable...  This could be down to an individual courier or local centre with lazy staff perhaps. 

This I don’t understand.... Why is your wife unhappy about you making a complaint about the delivery not being made ?? - that doesn’t make sense. 

If there is an issue, they [Kerry] need to know. There doesn’t need to be a conflict, just a discussion about what happened, why it happened etc. 

IF a signature is not required for a delivery, most will drop off the parcel / package on the chair at the front of our house.

IF a signature is required either myself or my Wife will receive a call. 

Either Kerry did not have your number, OR, the courier simply could not be bothered. 

We had the same delivery with an Amazon delivery in the UK (back in Oct) two days in a row I received a digital notice that they ‘couldn’t deliver’ because they couldn’t park near our house...  (we live near a school - so at pickup time the street is fairly busy) - this was an issue with the individual delivery driver who obviously decided making the delivery was going to take no effort on his part at all. Other delivery drivers never had an issue (we get loads of stuff delivered). 

I know thats the UK I exampling, however, it takes just one individual in the chain to stuff this up for us - Kerry need to know so they can solve their issue. 

Can only agree !

Of any of the various courier/delivery options we have had the best outcomes from Kerry.

The worst outcomes prevail with another Company while Thai Post has improved by comparison to a few years before.

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve found Kerry to be extremely reliable...  This could be down to an individual courier or local centre with lazy staff perhaps. 

This I don’t understand.... Why is your wife unhappy about you making a complaint about the delivery not being made ?? - that doesn’t make sense. 

If there is an issue, they [Kerry] need to know. There doesn’t need to be a conflict, just a discussion about what happened, why it happened etc. 

IF a signature is not required for a delivery, most will drop off the parcel / package on the chair at the front of our house.

IF a signature is required either myself or my Wife will receive a call. 

Either Kerry did not have your number, OR, the courier simply could not be bothered. 

We had the same delivery with an Amazon delivery in the UK (back in Oct) two days in a row I received a digital notice that they ‘couldn’t deliver’ because they couldn’t park near our house...  (we live near a school - so at pickup time the street is fairly busy) - this was an issue with the individual delivery driver who obviously decided making the delivery was going to take no effort on his part at all. Other delivery drivers never had an issue (we get loads of stuff delivered). 

I know thats the UK I exampling, however, it takes just one individual in the chain to stuff this up for us - Kerry need to know so they can solve their issue. 

Can only agree !

Of any of the various courier/delivery options we have had the best outcomes from Kerry.

The worst outcomes prevail with another Company while Thai Post has improved by comparison to a few years before.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Today I had an item cancelled and marked 'returned to the seller', despite the tracking never showing the item delivered to the 'last mile hub'. Not sure the item was ever dispatched ....... it's all a bit odd.

Lazada actually sent me an email explaining the solar panel was returned to the seller because Kerry broke it.

And now the seller is out of stock so they can't send me another .......... DOH!

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but while we are on the topic of courier deliveries. I live in the CBD, but in a very awkward Soi to find. I so wish Lazada & the like would ditch address & replace with GPS co-ordinates. Just a thought.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malt25 said:

CaDon't mean to hijack your thread, but while we are on the topic of courier deliveries. I live in the CBD, but in a very awkward Soi to find. I so wish Lazada & the like would ditch address & replace with GPS co-ordinates. Just a thought.

Yup, would be great, then you get some numpty trying the phone the GPS numbers ???? 

We are in a village, but our gate is set back from the road and isn't really visible behind the greenery, we've had drivers call for directions whilst actually sitting outside :whistling:

I came across one delivery service which had a slot for GPS coordinates (Canaio IIRC), didn't help, driver still couldn't find us ????

Madam tells lost drivers who have found the village to ask for "Baan Farang" or "khun David" the whole village knows us and where we live. 

Unless you know it's there, dead easy to whizz past, even easier if I've not trimmed the bushes recently. The restaurant is a good landmark, but they put the sign away when not operating.

image.png.e21e033306ba1a06eb18a4a41ab70f1e.png

A kerry driver just dropped a package I bought at lazada containing a 9,000 baht Sony headphone over my 2 meter high gate a month ago. I was standing by the window putting my mask on and saw it. 2 meters straight into the ground. 

I videoed walking to the gate and talking to him, video 30 cm from his face ???? he did not deny it but was otherwise not apologetic. Issues like this are no problem though, the delivery company will pay and deduct money from the salary, I have forced that once 2 years ago (3,500 baht). I didn't have to this time, the head phones were really well packed in bubble wrap. . 

I think service is slowly going down over time both on shopee and lazada and clearly also with the delivery companies. They get quite a lot of bad Thai reviews on the Internet now a days 

• 5 weeks later...

I had hundreds of items delivered to my home, mostly by Flash Express and Kerry, usually no problem. But right now I have a very small pack with 5 electrical plugs, ordered from Lazada and to be delivered by Kerry. The pack arrived on April 4 at the local Kerry hub who delivers to our home. Today is April 11, but still no delivery. I contacted Lazada via Email and by phone and I was told that Lazada could not deliver because they cannot contact our phone number. I told the Lazada man that my wife's phone is open 24 hours, she checked, nobody from Kerry had ever called. He checked my wife's phone number and that is what Kerry has.

The guy from Lazada said that he can confirm that the item would be delivered to us today, but guess what? It is after 19:00 and the Kerry driver again didn't show up. What can you do?

Maximilian Bitter who founded Lazada has sold the company to Jack Ma and things are not so much under control anymore. Lazada Group in Singapore who oversees also Thailand is now managed by some guy or gal sent by Alibaba. That's where we are today.

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i reckon Kerry are in trouble, loads of drop off points in Pattaya have closed, website not updated, staff at call center have no idea, downward spiral i reckon

Good to know thanks, we've used Kerry quite a lot over the years, will keep an eye them.