Migraines- Prevention

Gabe H Coud

45 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

for record i take paracetamol for migraine but only in conjunction with Tramadol(Ultracet in Thailand)

yes, i wouldnt bother without the Tramadol combo

I never found any form of pain relief that made any realistic difference. The original formula of Sudafed helped little but not something to take repeatedly or  long term.

1 hour ago, Nojohndoe said:

I never found any form of pain relief that made any realistic difference. The original formula of Sudafed helped little but not something to take repeatedly or  long term.

I found the same so never bother taking anything, there's certain pain that so called pain killers don't touch

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 11:45 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I found the same so never bother taking anything, there's certain pain that so called pain killers don't touch

i will add that as re Tramadol(ultracet) it takes at least 1 hour to kick in

or maybe it never actually kicks in and my migraine has already started to ease off??

I used to take Sumitriptan to head off the onset of migraine but found that the next day was almost a complete write off(super lethargic)

generally found Ellitriptan to be less debilitating later that day/day after

On 3/9/2022 at 12:15 PM, Gabe H Coud said:

Thanks if anyone can help

Do you smoke or in constant contact with second hand smokers? That can irritate/inflame the sinus and cause migraine.

If so, stop smoking and clean out your sinus.

Edited by EricTh

6 hours ago, Gabe H Coud said:

i will add that as re Tramadol(ultracet) it takes at least 1 hour to kick in

or maybe it never actually kicks in and my migraine has already started to ease off??

I used to take Sumitriptan to head off the onset of migraine but found that the next day was almost a complete write off(super lethargic)

generally found Ellitriptan to be less debilitating later that day/day after

If I'm getting a migraine with head pain, it usually lasts 24 hours, not constant but if you pick something up or move suddenly you feel sharp pain, anyway i just learned to live with it, I'm convinced if you make less of a fuss about it the symptoms are less, try it and see

On 3/17/2022 at 11:14 PM, EricTh said:

Do you smoke or in constant contact with second hand smokers? That can irritate/inflame the sinus and cause migraine.

If so, stop smoking and clean out your sinus.

Non smoker for 30 yrs now 

occasional contact with second hand smoke

thanks for the tip

i do take your overall point about not getting stressed about it and will bear that very much in mind

however i dont think simply coming on here and seeking advice/sharing experiences is making too much of a fuss

but that said, having had this recent discussion i will just get on with it  and 'suffer in silence' so to speak.

Im well aware that that is the deal with migraines 

4 hours ago, Gabe H Coud said:

Non smoker for 30 yrs now 

occasional contact with second hand smoke

thanks for the tip

I am a non-smoker too , but the contact with second hand smokers almost everyday gave me migraines as my sinus was inflamed.

Ever since I cleared out my sinus and avoid smokers, I never got any migraines anymore.

Edited by EricTh