United States Center for Disease Control raises Thailand to its highest level of travel risk due to Covid-19

webfact

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

Reality hits, nobodys buying those low numbers.

By low numbers I'm talking about less than 200k infections per day.

This will sting.

Yes, hard to make sense of the comparative numbers :Vietnam over the last 2 or 3 weeks has been steadily going up from 20000 to close to 200000,while Thailand has been basically unchanged at around 20000 cases. Omicron arrived IN LOS two weeks before it got to Vietnam. 

• Like 1

We have a trip to visit family in June... We are going to go. All trip vaxxed and 1 of us recovered too. We should be in good form for Omicron if we catch it. The tough part is the hoops to jump through to return to the USA.

6 hours ago, chrisbangkok said:

Or me a fit triple vaccinated healthy guy that caught it in January . Never felt so ill in all my life . Wouldn't wish it on anyone . 2 weeks of unbelievable headaches and joint pains etc . Oh for a common cold as you put it . 

Me, at 82 years of age, triple vaccinated, also tested positive in January.  Luckily asymptomatic.  Latest studies show that genetics determines who experiences the the most severe symptoms.

Anutin will be right on thr phone to Biden in order to set the record straight in regards to Thailands  stella efforts in destroying covid while under his leadership. Any further slurs by the US on Thailands pandemic efforts will result in defamation lawsuits.

• Haha 1

It is obvious to all of reasonable intelligence that everyone will, if not already, be exposed to a Covid strain.  There may be several potential reasons for CDC's warning, including that treatment in Thailand is cheaper than in the USA.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Onerak said:

If one follows CDC's guidelines, nobody can travel anywhere in the entire World

These are just guidelines.

Nobody is stopping companies or individuals from traveling.

Keep in mind this is the same CDC that said masks were no longer necessary in public schools literally a day or two before Biden's first state of the union address to Congress...a totally incompetent and politicized government agency. 

• Sad 1

The virus is endemic in every country in the world. No other virus has been 'tested for' to the same extent as this virus. Also the reporting systems for each country vary so statistics from many countries cannot be trusted If the test and hospitalisation isn't free most people will be reluctant to take the test when they have mild symptoms nd if they are poor they will not take any test which would result in them being pushed further into poverty even if they have severe symptoms. If flu was tested for to the same extent as this virus, I suspect you would find a similar number of infections and deaths worldwide (but it isn't and never has been). Governments have to open up and allow travel again without constraints this virus is a good excuse for so called 'Free World' democratic governments to control their population and restrict international travel for the less well off who can't afford the high expenses if proven positive. i.e. citizent are restricted to destinations approved by the state. (END OF RANT)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

WARNING

This is the same CDC that was unable to come up with a reliable Covid test early in 2020 at the same time Europe and Japan was testing daily.   And BTW . . the FDA also blocked the use of these other tests, probably out of pride, even though they worked.  

The same CDC that flip flop about mask and the politically compromised CDC.  The same CDC that do not have any test kit beginning of this year. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Nobody is stopping companies or individuals from traveling.

But large companies follow these guidelines and require VP's permission to travel to a foreign country for business purposes that CDC brands as level 4. Of course, you can always travel for personal reasons. For twenty years, I have worked in large companies like Cisco, Intel, Oracle, MS, etc. 

Edited by Onerak

20 hours ago, webfact said:

along with Hong Kong and New Zealand.

Wouldn’t wish it on anyone—barring Putin and the commies—but kind of ironic NZ having it proper now. Got unbearable at times with the ole ‘we are so good at this’ spiel. Bottom line: you can only ever find curtail it with a zero-covid policy. It will catch up in the end. All you do is severely restrict your life while waiting for the inevitable. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Wouldn’t wish it on anyone—barring Putin and the commies—but kind of ironic NZ having it proper now. Got unbearable at times with the ole ‘we are so good at this’ spiel. Bottom line: you can only ever find curtail it with a zero-covid policy. It will catch up in the end. All you do is severely restrict your life while waiting for the inevitable. 

Ah, but the restrictions only apply to the worker class, as we have seen.  So to the lawmakers, restrictions are a no-brainer.  Stop complaining and get to work.  

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 9:11 AM, garyk said:

And the highest risk of being ripped off by the insurance companies, banks and hospitals.

Yes, Omicron poses minimal risk Denmark has proved this but some diehard politicians will create covid monsters for months to come, get real its endemic now, back here in NZ most schools just send the infected kids home and inform everyone about the case and you can decide to isolate or not, my family have all had Omicron and most of my friends, the kids just got running noses or no symptoms, the Thai wife was worst 4 days in bed double vaccinated the rest of us no vaccine just vitamin D3, Zinc, K2 and breezed through it. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2022 at 7:25 AM, Hawaiian said:

Me, at 82 years of age, triple vaccinated, also tested positive in January.  Luckily asymptomatic.  Latest studies show that genetics determines who experiences the the most severe symptoms.

Your source of the studies please ? Interested to read more .

Edited by chrisbangkok
Spell corrections