Four possible cases of BA.2.2 Omicron sub-variant detected in Thailand no cause for alarm

snoop1130

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

How long protection from the previous infection would last? If it's only some 90 days, as estimated, so those infected in December might get it at some stage.

Estimates who?

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

It is down to the Thai government to stop the spin doctors, conspiracy theorists and the uneducated people from spreading old wives tales about the mythical dangers of vaccination, because that's where the bulk of this nonsense is coming from. Sure, unfortunately, a few people with unforeseen health issues will react badly to the vaccine, the governments job is to look after the many not the few.

Many sit on their computers or their backsides in the villages spreading malicious nonsense and what they don't know, (which is quite a lot), they make up!

It is proven science, vaccinations save lives and by and large protect the majority of people from the worst effects of the virus.

They should put pressure on these anti-vax groups, because it is the unvaccinated that allow these variants to strengthen and evolve.

The powers that be should threaten with refusing to treat in the hospitals those who refuse vaccines or can't be bothered,where they are putting health workers lives at risk.

Incidentally, speaking to my son last night in the UK, where the vast majority are vaccinated and boosters have had a big response, he says people are back to normal and do not dwell on or have  conversations about Coronavirus.

He said the biggest talking point these days in the workplace of the UK is the war in Ukraine!

Your son is spot on , here in the UK , Covid is yesterdays news. All restrictions are lifted as of the end of the week.

Still plenty of infections but for the vaccinated the symptoms are largely manageable.

The seriously ill cases tend to be unvaccinated people , Darwin's law at work.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

already there, over there, this things happen for a reason  555

https://au.yahoo.com/news/no-way-back-china-locks-down-17-million-people-in-city-of-shenzhen-212209330.html

China placed all 17 million residents in one of its biggest cities under lockdown on Sunday, as virus cases doubled nationwide to nearly 3,400 and anxiety mounted over the resilience of its 'zero-Covid' approach in the face of the worst outbreak in two years.

... yep, VW reports 2 factories closed because of lockdown.

What I don't get is how these clowns think to get over this, generally speaking ... no such thing as herd-immunity, even partially, with ever ongoing lockdowns ...?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

No cause for alarm...as they unnecessarily sound the alarm yet again!. :post-4641-1156693976:

Covidiocy runs strong in this country. 

The alarm seems to be in China, seen no alarm here just reporting what most know anyway. There's no stopping variants entering.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scott said:

The entire issue has to do with numbers.  Even with lower levels of hospitalization, when you have a huge number infected, the actual number of hospitalizations will be high and deaths will increase.  

Exactly that.  And when the hospitals are full, or enough hospital staff are off work because they are ill , then what happens when you have a stroke, or motor accident, or fall off a ladder....

PH

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

No cause for alarm...as they unnecessarily sound the alarm yet again!. :post-4641-1156693976:

Covidiocy runs strong in this country. 

Indeed it does. 

Shame Darwin's Law has not yet kicked in enough to remove those who are willingly ignorarant about the dangers from the gene pool.

PH

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Exactly that.  And when the hospitals are full, or enough hospital staff are off work because they are ill , then what happens when you have a stroke, or motor accident, or fall off a ladder....

PH

1. Take Asprin

2. Don't drive

3. Get someone else to do it for you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jollyhangmon said:

... yep, VW reports 2 factories closed because of lockdown.

What I don't get is how these clowns think to get over this, generally speaking ... no such thing as herd-immunity, even partially, with ever ongoing lockdowns ...?

No such thing as herd immunity whatsoever I am afraid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stubby said:

Four possible cases of BA.2.2 Omicron sub-variant detected in Thailand NO CAUSE FOR ALARM!

OK, fine, so here's an idea. How about not posting about stuff until there IS cause for alarm? I mean, how do you want the reader not to panic or react to the news? Geesh, there's enough global doom and gloom to last a generation., so please... STOP IT, just STOP IT.

Thank you.

Stubby

Because they would be (rightly) accused of hiding data.

8 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

Pfizer  wants you to get a 4th shot.

= $$$$$$$$$$

I hope all Big Pharma isn't as secretive as Pfizer. It's quite worrying that it took a court order to get them to release the possible side effects of their vaccines. I can understand why they might want to keep them from public view… well, sort of. But why hide them from doctors and others in the medical profession? We already know you can't sue these companies for harmful side effects, so they're not hiding from potential lawsuits. 

With headlines like the OP here and secret research results from Big Pharma, it's no wonder some people take an anti stance.

I know lots of people in Phuket who probably caught this new strain and we’re not ill,  not even fever, just runny nose and cough, like an ordinary cold. Lasted 4 to 6 days. Friends in Austria also all had similar, went through all the family, same outcome. Everyone I know were vaccinated by the way and mostly in the 60s to mid 70s.

40 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I hope all Big Pharma isn't as secretive as Pfizer. It's quite worrying that it took a court order to get them to release the possible side effects of their vaccines. I can understand why they might want to keep them from public view… well, sort of. But why hide them from doctors and others in the medical profession? We already know you can't sue these companies for harmful side effects, so they're not hiding from potential lawsuits. 

With headlines like the OP here and secret research results from Big Pharma, it's no wonder some people take an anti stance.

Yet Moderna is saying that a 4th shot is not needed unless you are elderly or sick.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/moderna-4th-vaccine-dose_n_622fe22be4b0fe0944da5f74

Moderna’s president said Monday that a fourth dose of its COVID-19 vaccine will likely not be necessary for the general public, but encouraged it for older people and the immunocompromised — and said that an extra booster will “provide a benefit to anyone who gets it.”

Stephen Hoge, who heads the vaccine-maker, told Business Insider that the company was “strongly” recommending and encouraging a fourth COVID shot for adults over the age of 50 or with compromised immune systems. But he hesitated to call a fourth dose “necessary.”

10 hours ago, Credo said:

Wrong.  The majority of people get sick and that is why they get tested.

Perfectly healthy people at my work showing no symptoms actually cheer when they show positive on the weekly ATK as they are sent home for 7 days.

Everyone love a paid week off work !!

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Perfectly healthy people at my work showing no symptoms actually cheer when they show positive on the weekly ATK as they are sent home for 7 days.

Everyone love a paid week off work !!

Perfectly healthy in what way.....Symptoms do start to show, while others immune system suppresses them.  You sure your not a denier...

3 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Indeed it does. 

Shame Darwin's Law has not yet kicked in enough to remove those who are willingly ignorarant about the dangers from the gene pool.

PH

Do I detect sarcastic veiled finger pointing??? I got an unveiled finger for ya! ???? Just joking of course and perhaps have misunderstood your meaning, but regardless here's my credo...

A life lived in fear is a life not lived.

Cheers????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

Do I detect sarcastic veiled finger pointing??? I got an unveiled finger for ya! ???? Just joking of course and perhaps have misunderstood your meaning, but regardless here's my credo...

A life lived in fear is a life not lived.

Cheers????

Nice quote Skeptic7.......was it one of your own?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Yes. Let's not forget that the virus is so bad that the majority of people need to take a test to discover that they are "sick".

Rumours in Thailand about the virus generally = Fearmongering.

Your post is not consistent with reality. 

Yes, most people have mild symptoms with the current variant. But, the unvaccinated are filling up hospitals.

And, a new variant may emerge that is more lethal.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Your post is not consistent with reality. 

Yes, most people have mild symptoms with the current variant. But, the unvaccinated are filling up hospitals.

And, a new variant may emerge that is more lethal.

Yup.

Meanwhile it may emerge that I will win the lottery tomorrow.

Such is life and we all move on in our own ways.

Take care and good health to you.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Dr Fauci was such a big promoter of it. He's been wrong on so many things that no normal person would ever listen to him again. 

Fauci claimed we would have herd immunity when cases disappeared. That was in July 2021. He was right then and still is.

• Confused 4