I really get scared....

Pravda

On 3/18/2022 at 4:24 PM, Hummin said:

The day you find out chasing the dreams is not what it is all about, that's when you find the inner peace, and can appreciate the small things in life! 

Wake up in the morning, enjoy the Coffe, look at the farm, and see things growing and happy animals, beat all the mountains I have climbed and also jumped from, or any other challenges be it just life itself.

It helps to know that you have done it, and also are at a good place in life with somebody you care for.

Life is a rollercoaster, but it needs a drive to get it started, and need somebody to stop it! Up to you

I'd trade every small thing left in my life for a dream I was able to chase. Waiting for death to release me from a <deleted> life is not mitigated by pretty scenery.

However, if it works for you, count yourself lucky.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd trade every small thing left in my life for a dream I was able to chase. Waiting for death to release me from a <deleted> life is not mitigated by pretty scenery.

However, if it works for you, count yourself lucky.

It takes three things, daily physical and mental training, and be willing to make changes and improve when things doesnt seems interesting anymore. 

Waking up in the morning and hearing the birds in garden, do take some awareness and training to be able to enjoy it, and also repeat it every morning as something positive. Slowly you change your brain and teach it to think positive instead of cultivate the negativity that surrounds us 24/7 from reading the newa in the morning to late in the evening.

A good training exercise is the think about something positve as the first rhing in the morning, and also before you sleep, and also every time you feel or see something you combine with something negative. It is up to you if you want to change your life, and you can do it. It takes some hard work to get it done, but it is possible 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

It takes three things, daily physical and mental training, and be willing to make changes and improve when things doesnt seems interesting anymore. 

Waking up in the morning and hearing the birds in garden, do take some awareness and training to be able to enjoy it, and also repeat it every morning as something positive. Slowly you change your brain and teach it to think positive instead of cultivate the negativity that surrounds us 24/7 from reading the newa in the morning to late in the evening.

A good training exercise is the think about something positve as the first rhing in the morning, and also before you sleep, and also every time you feel or see something you combine with something negative. It is up to you if you want to change your life, and you can do it. It takes some hard work to get it done, but it is possible 

I'm well aware of all that, but it takes more than I have to be happy living here these days. My biggest and most frightening problem is finding a DECENT place to live, which is an impossibility for thousands in NZ now. The prices have become ludicrous and the government does nothing but make noises about it.

When the only alternative option is living in a car it's hard to be happy with life. I was happy in LOS when I could live in a decent hotel for a lot less than the unsatisfactory situation I find myself in now, with no light on the horizon for hope.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When the only alternative option is living in a car it's hard to be happy with life. I was happy in LOS when I could live in a decent hotel for a lot less than the unsatisfactory situation I find myself in now, with no light on the horizon for hope.

Same for many older white men in the western world, and the numbers increasing every year. Odd thing, very few women in this situation.

I'd have had a better life in the UK if I'd never bothered to work at all.

I'd also have had a better life in the UK as a single man (or as a woman).

Women and our governments have taken almost everything we had from us.

They don't even want us to have the pensions we paid for all our lives.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm well aware of all that, but it takes more than I have to be happy living here these days. My biggest and most frightening problem is finding a DECENT place to live, which is an impossibility for thousands in NZ now. The prices have become ludicrous and the government does nothing but make noises about it.

Yes same in oz just spent a year on the gold coast and accommodation is not possible in studio when open house is crawling with people prepared to pay 25% more to get the lease and they wont even look at a pensioner

the big worldwide trend now is buying a van and fitting it out as a mobile home .My exwife just bought a bus. Have you thought of an old clunker mechanically sound ?

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

I'm loving this real estate inflation. You'd be loving it too unless you sold everything back home.

Yes, I just checked my first house that I bought, and got rid off 25 yrs ago.

Paid $24k in 1981, and I got $122 USD for it (1997), now in the $250k range.

Although if kept, taxes @ $4000 a yr X 25 yrs, and I didn't lose much when added on.

Sadly, value was only $50k in 2020 ????

Graph based on actual sales:

crazy shit.png

Edited by KhunLA

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You should look into public housing. I am sure in New Zealand there is a waiting list but you might get lucky now if you are happy to live a bit out of town. If not now maybe a year or two. Then you can save your money and have a holiday in Thailand. 

21 hours ago, Pravda said:

I'm loving this real estate inflation. You'd be loving it too unless you sold everything back home.

LOL. What goes up always goes down and bubbles always break. Feeling psychic.

In NZ it's getting to the point that ordinary people just can't afford to buy any more, and then it's likely to plummet, IMO.

I guess 2008 is too long ago for people to remember. Good time to have cash in Ireland then, as banks were trying to unload all the repossessed property on their books, at discount rates.

19 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You should look into public housing. I am sure in New Zealand there is a waiting list but you might get lucky now if you are happy to live a bit out of town. If not now maybe a year or two. Then you can save your money and have a holiday in Thailand. 

Thanks but you're way off. Hundreds of families living in motels will take priority over a single old guy.

Problem is they haven't built enough housing for decades and have been allowing hundreds of thousands of immigrants in. Basically all except the rich are screwed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. What goes up always goes down and bubbles always break. Feeling psychic.

In NZ it's getting to the point that ordinary people just can't afford to buy any more, and then it's likely to plummet, IMO.

I guess 2008 is too long ago for people to remember. Good time to have cash in Ireland then, as banks were trying to unload all the repossessed property on their books, at discount rates.

Your thinking is a bit outdated. 

I don't know about nz, but Canada is bringing 3 million immigrants in the next 3 years which totally and completely assures no real estate crash in foreseeable future. 

Do you know how much real estate costs in Tel Aviv with bombs every day? Me and wife are doing our papers for Canada through immigration lawyer. He's been in Thailand many years and since the beginning of covid he is seeing an unprecedented interest from Thais to immigrate to Canada. Thai people who unlike Filipino people are too lazy to move and can't live without somtam are leaving. 

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Your thinking is a bit outdated. 

I don't know about nz, but Canada is bringing 3 million immigrants in the next 3 years which totally and completely assures no real estate crash in foreseeable future. 

Do you know how much real estate costs in Tel Aviv with bombs every day? Me and wife are doing our papers for Canada through immigration lawyer. He's been in Thailand many years and since the beginning of covid he is seeing an unprecedented interest from Thais to immigrate to Canada. Thai people who unlike Filipino people are too lazy to move and can't live without somtam are leaving. 

Enjoy the -30 degree C temperatures.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I lived in a trailer for 3 years at the location I worked part time, after 7 years in depression  after chronicle  and mental melt down, that resulted in economic trouble. 

I had to restart and start all over again. Fighting my demons, fighting the system, and finely saw the light, got help because I asked for it, they took me seriously, about 10 hours psychological help, got my dept under control, got back my health sertificates after, and managed to make money working offshore again.

From that day, I decided no more negative <deleted> is allowed to bring me down one more time. That was the third time I ended up broke in physical and mental pain.

Never look back, even I want to blaim everyone who caused all my problems and for not prepare me for the real life, and instead had to walk the long hard path to finely understand why I made bad choices, and why I was hit so hard everytime there was an economical crises, and the easy answer was, I didn't live for Tomorrow, I only lived for the moment.

My story, my experience and of course can not be transfered to anyone else.

. I don't

Life is deleted sometimes, we have to work with what we have, and what we can.

At least I have learned to live for cheap money, and can be sustainable for a long time with very little to live for. 

By trailer I assume one of those big things with an included bathroom and kitchen etc. I don't even have running water, never mind a toilet.

I'd love to have a trailer to live in.

Tiny houses are starting to be an option in NZ, but still way too expensive for poor people to consider.

My problem is that I lived in Thailand and know how good life can be. It's a big drop in lifestyle to return to NZ. Had I always lived in NZ I'd think it was normal, as thousands of us in the same predicament.

Still, life is what it is and there is always an exit if it gets too bad.

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Move back here ,or another country bordering Thailand, to easier afford to live? I would love to be back in the USA, but starting over on my retirement would not be easy, as would finding a rent to own, a car and a part time job (I'm 65). This is an extremely boring country (Isaan area), and I miss the outdoor things I used to do, hunting and fishing, which is neither non existent here (hunting) or hard to find (good Fishing) and until I can get back there, have to visit yearly, starting this year, to enjoy hunting and fishing there. Maybe you should move back here, if you wee okay with Thailand?

43 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Move back here ,or another country bordering Thailand, to easier afford to live? I would love to be back in the USA, but starting over on my retirement would not be easy, as would finding a rent to own, a car and a part time job (I'm 65). This is an extremely boring country (Isaan area), and I miss the outdoor things I used to do, hunting and fishing, which is neither non existent here (hunting) or hard to find (good Fishing) and until I can get back there, have to visit yearly, starting this year, to enjoy hunting and fishing there. Maybe you should move back here, if you wee okay with Thailand?

I'd love to move back to Thailand, and never wanted to leave, but can't get pension there ( it's a long story ) and not enough savings to stay longer than I did.

I miss it every day.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

By trailer I assume one of those big things with an included bathroom and kitchen etc. I don't even have running water, never mind a toilet.

I'd love to have a trailer to live in.

Tiny houses are starting to be an option in NZ, but still way too expensive for poor people to consider.

My problem is that I lived in Thailand and know how good life can be. It's a big drop in lifestyle to return to NZ. Had I always lived in NZ I'd think it was normal, as thousands of us in the same predicament.

Still, life is what it is and there is always an exit if it gets too bad.

I had a pooh and carry, and also a small tea kitchen so I could cook, but I had facilities at my work place like kitchen, shower, toilets etc, so it was ok, and I kind of enjoyed the lifestyle after awhile when I managed to turn my head around, and start looking more positive about life and future. 

I could walk two minutes and fish or spearfishing my dinner, pick oysters and snails, mushrooms, bueberry, multer/cloudberries, got free fruit from peoples garden they did not pick themselves, and leftovers from our guests at the resort I was working partime with. The work kept me socializing so I did not fall completely out.

Still took me years to completely turn everything around, so more or less a decade of my life. Not all bad all the time, but when I finely hit rock bottom, I didnt see many solutions coming my way. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1