Thai ministry of health seeks end to pre-departure RT-PCR tests for international arrivals

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

Does anyone know whether I can use my Thai social security card to meet the insurance requirements? Or has this changed as well?

Yes you can. Why would it change when they are decreasing the $ requirements due to less serious cases?

• Thanks 1

If I hadn't got my recovery certificate I would still do pre-departure e37 pcr test, when positive claim e100 per day from my travel insurance and have 2 weeks free holiday in europe. 

At all cost I would try to avoid 10 days at thai hospitel in a locked room, for which I would have to fork out $1-2k

Edited by internationalism

Thai's are as much in denial about the Thai Pass as Russians are about the war, came through the airport today its a freak show not many travelers that extra piece of paperwork to be fill in with the harder to read TM card seems to be a new special document they even want it in the hotel

Glad to say its going to be quite till at least till year end high season

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

it is so obvious that everything this government does is to scam tourists - the test that should remain and makes sense is the pre-departure test otherwise scap them all, the 5 day test was to allow tourists to go out and mingle and them the biggest chance of catching covid then bang them up at huge personal expense - do they honestly think that tourists are this stupid .......................... SCRAP ALL THE TESTS PERIOD and stop this stupid nonsense 

THey are planning for a single antigen test on arrival in the final phase of lifting restrictions around July. 

5 minutes ago, Bobtheblob said:

Completely pointless it's not the pre-departure test that is the problem. Its the prospect of being put in covid prison from the post flight test that's the problem. 

Depends on what you are after... If after hospital revenue, this will help for sure as some people want to save by skipping the pre test.

They ended 5 day on 1th march its the asian craziness saw a couple queuing in immigration today wearing complete hazmat suits

Having traveled a doz airports over the past year swampy is barely open the thai airways planes pain work is fading they sitting so long.

some eu/uk airlines are removing mask mandate

• Like 2

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

If I hadn't got my recovery certificate I would still do pre-departure e37 pcr test, when positive claim e100 per day from my travel insurance and have 2 weeks free holiday in europe. 

At all cost I would try to avoid 10 days at thai hospitel in a locked room, for which I would have to fork out $1-2k

What do mean with e37 and e100?

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Public Health will propose that the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) further ease COVID-19 restrictions, by doing away with the requirement for arrivals from overseas to take an RT-PCR test 72 hours before departure.

But not the post arrival test that snares so many?

• Like 2