Foreign tourist allegedly attacked by security guards after bill dispute in Central Pattaya

webfact

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

The article does not suggest that at all, it just says he refused to pay his bill.... you are projecting....

Having spent plenty of time in bars in and around Pattaya I have yet to see security guards simply up and beat someone up for no reason. Pattaya attracts the absolute dregs of society- Irish, St.Patricks day, Tree Town beer complex- yeah sure he was polite and rational in his dispute of a bill, or he could of just been a tight ass and tried to run off without paying.

So you think that he was disputing a legitimate bill? Does that make any sense to you or do you think that you are just happy to explore the illogical and irrational in order to spout your hate?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It's not about a punch on, or aggressive and violent security, it's about the scam. 

The staff pick an intoxicated customer, add some drinks to his bill, particularly lady drinks, thinking he's on holiday, he's rich, he'll just pay, no questions. 

Then when it comes time to pay, the customer questions the bill, then the show starts.  The cashier raises her voice at the customer because he dare to question her, but he knows he's he's in the right, he says I'm not paying for those drinks, then the security gather around, at which most people then pay, and the scam is complete. 

Occasionally, you get a guy stand his ground, and it turns into a fight. 

The staff are on 300 baht a day.  Add some extra drinks to bills here and there each shift, and it adds up.   

Never had a padded bill myself there, get them padded all the time in Soi Cowboy in Bangkok though.

9 minutes ago, firestar said:

Weird how we are there almost every night, never had our bills padded, half of Pattaya goes to Tree Town every night at the moment never heard of anyone even disputing a bill, it is generating big cash as one of the few places open during the restrictions but the aggressive drunk Irish guy on St Paddy's they scammed so they could make a couple hundred baht?

Weird how you claimed to be there or have descriptions from people who were there, but still cannot describe exactly what happened. BS I guess.

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It's not about a punch on, or aggressive and violent security, it's about the scam. 

The staff pick an intoxicated customer, add some drinks to his bill, particularly lady drinks, thinking he's on holiday, he's rich, he'll just pay, no questions. 

Where are you getting that info from ?

Where does it state that he got drinks added to hid bill ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

In the middle of Tree Town the manager starts shouting and causing a massive scene over a few 100 baht padded bill, then the polite customer is for no reason attacked by security guards for discussing the padded bill..... yeah thats likely.

Manager? I thought you wrote cashier/service girl. You are all over the place. Scrabbling around trying to make your fantasy sound plausible. In other words you have no idea.

Not even the police believe the security guards.

I actually saw the person involved. You can tell if someone is a bit leery. He was as quiet as a church mouse and sat quietly whilst the first aiders attended to him. 

On the other hand I have seen the kind of people to whom you allude and they just cannot be helped. This person was not one of them. Okay? So stop with the verbal...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, firestar said:

Weird how we are there almost every night, never had our bills padded, half of Pattaya goes to Tree Town every night at the moment never heard of anyone even disputing a bill, it is generating big cash as one of the few places open during the restrictions but the aggressive drunk Irish guy on St Paddy's they scammed so they could make a couple hundred baht?

You only read about the guys that get beaten up, most people pay the scam.  

What would you do if you had a few drinks, but not many, and went to pay the bill, and saw there were some drinks on your bill that you definitely didn't order, and, the staff stood their ground?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

We aren't really sure what happened at this time so perhaps let us not jump to conclusions. Where is your bar as I like to avoid places with loony owners?

Come on now what Irish man is sober st Patrick's 

We can assume 99% he was not. We're the security gaurds drunk? We can assume 100 % no! 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Manager? I thought you wrote cashier/service girl. You are all over the place. Scrabbling around trying to make your fantasy sound plausible. In other words you have no idea.

Not even the police believe the security guards.

I actually saw the person involved. You can tell if someone is a bit leery. He was as quiet as a church mouse and sat quietly whilst the first aiders attended to him. 

On the other hand I have seen the kind of people to whom you allude and they just cannot be helped. This person was not one of them. Okay? So stop with the verbal...

Ah okay you were there. So what happened?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The last time it happened to me was years ago, before I started to pay as I go.  It was in a gogo, and I won't say which one, because it may have been a genuine mistake, but more than likely I was scammed.  

I drink a certain beer brand here that is very popular, and I don't drink any other beer, unless the staff tell me they have sold out of it.  I had about 3 beers in this gogo and then asked to check bin.  I still had a beer in my hand of the brand I drink, and the bill was for the 3 beers I actually drank, and for 2 beers of a completely different brand that I certainly don't drink, and certainly didn't order, for me, or for anyone, and I was by myself in that gogo that night.  

I questioned the bill, and of course, the Thai "face" thing starts where no one can be seen to admit an error, or admit being caught out, or, a crime was being committed against me. 

I paid the bill because I could see where it was going, but that gogo lost all credibility with me through either their incompetence, or the scam they were running out of the place, and I never went back.

I then told my friends about my experience in that gogo, and they also avoided the place. 

Thai mentality.  Scam a baht today, and don't care about losing 5 customers over it tomorrow.

Every since that incident, I have been paying as I go, and not too proud to say, "I have been scammed in Thailand."  ????  

Did manage to rattle up a bill over 8000 baht one night....swear blind I only had a five beers.

11 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

Come on now what Irish man is sober st Patrick's 

We can assume 99% he was not. We're the security gaurds drunk? We can assume 100 % no! 

Ass out of U and ME... that is where assumptions get us.  

Do Irishmen get drunk on St Paddy's day..... well yes.

Do Thai security have a reputation for indiscriminate violence.... well yes to that too.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2019/12/09/irish-man-bart-o-grady-attacked-pattaya-police-dispute-go-go-bar-city-investigation/

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, Will B Good said:

This could be a new record......banned after just 16 posts....555

...and he still won't tell us which is his bar ???? Seems his bravery extends only to this page.

Not brave enough to lose all of his remaining custom.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Normally just have a whinge and pay them and tell myself i will never go back..... Until i go back next time... rinse and repeat.

No one likes a padded bill but its not something i lose sleep over.

Fair play.

Maybe some of these places should run a promotion sometimes to get more customers in. 

"Buy one drink, only pay for one drink."  ????????

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1

Just now, Leaver said:

Fair play.

Maybe some of these places should run a promotion sometimes to get more customers in.  "Buy one drink, only pay for one drink."  ????????

There was a bar near us......big sign outside..... "Happy Hour"......but no times.

Never did find an hour when it was actually.... "Happy Hour"