AIS speeds going down hill, what's better?

3 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

That's why you test with a normal SIM before committing to a long term SIM. But most people are too excited at the relatively low price of the 12 month SIMs to be bothered with that....until they run a speed test after purchasing the long term SIM.

Exactly , I live very high up in the mountain and dtac is non existent up here , the only one that works in my location is True , I am on my 3rd 12 month True sim now.

2 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

Exactly , I live very high up in the mountain and dtac is non existent up here , the only one that works in my location is True , I am on my 3rd 12 month True sim now.

Thank goodness you have something that works. 5 Mbps is a lot better than nothing. Shame AIS doesn't reach you as they are usually better overall.

6 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Thank goodness you have something that works. 5 Mbps is a lot better than nothing. Shame AIS doesn't reach you as they are usually better overall.

It's a bit better sometimes , this was 5 minutes ago 

Screenshot_20220319-170657_Speedtest.jpg

The provider and subscription is so different per location. I've had the cheap packages where they offer you high speeds but in reality they aren't, then when changing to a decent package with the same provider, in that location, it does improves.

The maximum speed offered knows many small letters and can be affected by the amount of users too. The premium ones usually have less you share it with. 

My TRUE sim works perfectly in some areas of CM or PTY but others horrible, including my office. I personally just got SINET internet in CM office and paying 400B a month while getting average 230MBPS speed and 150MB + upload speed. The fastest I ever had for a decent price in the past 10 years. The ping speed is also very very low (< 20 ms).

<deleted>ty thing is when using Voice over IP lines, 4G is better, not the WiFi.

A tip would be to use a newer iPhone as you can then have a real sim card as well a eSIM and switch in between. Or a dual sim android phone.

Anyway, speed tests say little as they measure to local datacenters, the external speed to abroad could still be different and has to be tested manually. This can also mislead people into thinking to have a good deal while it isn't. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH

52 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

That's why you test with a normal SIM before committing to a long term SIM. But most people are too excited at the relatively low price of the 12 month SIMs to be bothered with that....until they run a speed test after purchasing the long term SIM.

i tried a 7 Eleven and familymart today and neither had a DTAC sim, anyway AIS have texted me to say my 10mbps 150 a month deal unlimited will continue. If speed continues to be inconsistent I'll have a word

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i tried a 7 Eleven and familymart today and neither had a DTAC sim, anyway AIS have texted me to say my 10mbps 150 a month deal unlimited will continue. If speed continues to be inconsistent I'll have a word

Have a word anyway. They can fix it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

True is known to have the worst reception.....