AIS speeds going down hill, what's better?

I've had the 10mbps unlimited 150 baht a month sim for 6 months, this may expire in 2 days, customer service reckons i have to wait and see as they can't tell TiT, the last couple months the speed is unreliable 4mbps today.

What's better?

I also have True, right now 3.7mbps and inconsistent, it's meant to be full unlimited speed ????

Is DTAC better? consistent higher speeds?

Planning to buy a sim from Lazada

Just get AIS to fix it. They usually can. Did you ask them to fix it?

No one can tell you what is best at your location. What are you thinking? ???? Buy a basic DTAC SIM if you want to be sure.

Even if they cannot extend it(they can); prices for new packs have come down.

AIS:

Internet 30 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months can apply in all provinces all over Thailand 269 baht 

Internet 20 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months can apply in all provinces all over Thailand 300 baht 
Internet 15 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months can apply in all provinces all over Thailand 200 baht 

10 Mbps + Free Call 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months Can apply only in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan only. 200 baht 

Internet 8 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months Unlimited free AIS WIFI  175 baht  

Internet 4 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months Unlimited free AIS WIFI  150 baht

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

No one can tell you what is best at your location. What are you thinking? ???? Buy a basic DTAC SIM if you want to be sure.

AIS:

Internet 30 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months can apply in all provinces all over Thailand 269 baht 

Internet 20 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months can apply in all provinces all over Thailand 300 baht 
Internet 15 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months can apply in all provinces all over Thailand 200 baht 

10 Mbps + Free Call 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months Can apply only in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan only. 200 baht 

Internet 8 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months Unlimited free AIS WIFI  175 baht  

Internet 4 Mbps 30 days Auto-renew for 6 months Unlimited free AIS WIFI  150 baht

They can't fix it yet, they said wait and see what happens...no big deal i have True also,  of course i know i can buy a sim and test it but would be useful if someone had experience whether DTAC was consistent, like AIS is no longer consistent and True never was

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They can't fix it yet, they said wait and see what happens...no big deal i have True also,  of course i know i can buy a sim and test it but would be useful if someone had experience whether DTAC was consistent, like AIS is no longer consistent and True never was

??

Seriously? They gave me a specific date as to when it would be fixed and it was. 

Call the call centre and get them to fix it ???? 

As I told you; it's location dependent. Consistent means nothing if you are getting a consistent 1 Mbps. Forget that line of thinking and test with a normal SIM. It's only fifty baht.

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

AIS:

Where do you find these packs offered as looking on the AIS site I get this for "unlimited"-

https://www.ais.th/package/en/package_net_non_stop.html

I know TIT but with the prices quoted above why would anybody buy a 20Mbps package for more then they could buy a 30Mbps package.......

11 hours ago, topt said:

Where do you find these packs offered as looking on the AIS site I get this for "unlimited"-

https://www.ais.th/package/en/package_net_non_stop.html

I know TIT but with the prices quoted above why would anybody buy a 20Mbps package for more then they could buy a 30Mbps package.......

Distributed to Independents.

20 Mbps and lower can be applied via USSD code. 30 Mbps from an agent/independent. You'll find the 30 Mbps on Lazada/Shopee.

• Thanks 1

OP, there are many variables to do with speed, what you are downloading and from where, time of day, cellular signal strength etc. The theoretical capable speed of your connection is probably very consistent, so long as no other factors are slowing things down. At 2am, to a local AIS server, its probably full speed.

We all own vehicles that can do 100 kph, but they wont do that speed in a traffic jam.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, topt said:

Facebook.

Just "think*" about unlimited data plans and voila, an unending barrage of resellers.

*search.

There all pretty much the same +/- a few baht as MSRP is controlled via their reseller contract, the more they sell the larger their discount, and the higher their margin. 

The first one on my feed right now

Add-on packages to an existing SIM/account can be found on the provider's app.

simhub.png

Edited by mtls2005

You can use the following USSD code to check the status/expiry of your internet package.

Press *121*21# To check the remaining balance of all your packs. Press *121*22# To check the remaining balance of each pack.

44 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, there are many variables to do with speed, what you are downloading and from where, time of day, cellular signal strength etc. The theoretical capable speed of your connection is probably very consistent, so long as no other factors are slowing things down. At 2am, to a local AIS server, its probably full speed.

We all own vehicles that can do 100 kph, but they wont do that speed in a traffic jam.

Not quite, AIS for several months was consistently 10mbps any time, now it's inconsistent and can be as low as 4mbps, something's changes maybe too many users, anyway I'll sort it either way by Monday

38 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You can use the following USSD code to check the status/expiry of your internet package.

Press *121*21# To check the remaining balance of all your packs. Press *121*22# To check the remaining balance of each pack.

Only for post paid

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hey guys, I have a lot of Dtac time ......  it seems its organised KIMOY .....   I used to recharge for a day or so, works fine, but the latest package of 1000 thb for 90 days...  its totally inconsistant, slowing at times I can hardly use simple browser... and I am talking patong and rawai where  I have used in same area for 11 years... 

really not happy, good topic, I also want better..... report guys...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not quite, AIS for several months was consistently 10mbps any time, now it's inconsistent and can be as low as 4mbps, something's changes maybe too many users, anyway I'll sort it either way by Monday

Usually they ask for your location and then refresh the network there. They'll know that you had a consistent 10 Mbps before and fix the issue. Odd that they allegedly stated wait and see ????

46 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Hey guys, I have a lot of Dtac time ......  it seems its organised KIMOY .....   I used to recharge for a day or so, works fine, but the latest package of 1000 thb for 90 days...  its totally inconsistant, slowing at times I can hardly use simple browser... and I am talking patong and rawai where  I have used in same area for 11 years... 

really not happy, good topic, I also want better..... report guys...

Talk to DTAC's call centre in the first instance. What phone are you using? 

Run a test with an AIS SIM.

You already have AIS & True, your only other option is DTAC.

If you're having speed problems with both, have you considered other areas that may cause the problem?  Old phone, bad wi-fi router, poor connection due to barriers?

Edited by bbko

I have Fixxy 449. Yesterday speed was bad but just checked and showing 30down and 6up now.

Its been ok but I think now relatively expensive.  Year is up in July so will look for something else then.

13 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I have Fixxy 449. Yesterday speed was bad but just checked and showing 30down and 6up now.

Its been ok but I think now relatively expensive.  Year is up in July so will look for something else then.

The Fixxy 449 offer has veered between 10 & 20 Mbps. Perhaps they gave you a free upgrade to 30 Mbps. Try using https://testmy.net for a more accurate speed test.

I have had Ais 10mbps packages that were 300baht a month for 6 months

I used to always get around 15-20mbps

For some reason i thought i would try dtac 20mbps for 12 months from Lazsda and i am lucky to get 10mbps usually 8-9 but dont really need quick internet on a phone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Jomtien beach, I bought this dtac sim on Lazada installed last Monday.

Overall improvement over the old 10mbs sim.

Basically, during the day the reception speed oscillates between 10 and 15 but with a sharp drop at each time change.
At night the 20 mbs are almost reached.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2928772772-s12885900169.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Thats the same as i got .

It seems the Ais 10mbps is faster than the dtac 20mbps but then it depends on location and time.

Just checked and i got 12 mbps on my Dtac which isnt bad for 1700 baht a year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

The Fixxy 449 offer has veered between 10 & 20 Mbps. Perhaps they gave you a free upgrade to 30 Mbps. Try using https://testmy.net for a more accurate speed test.

It seems to be running at this now. As you say testmynet always gives a more representative reading. Tested on iPhoneX

4170927A-182E-4BEF-87E7-08B19450F9E4.thumb.png.e121b2c810afd43ad6329fba0a54fe92.png
My wife has the cheaper Fixxy package and it’s not much slower than mine. I only bought the ‘better’ package so I could watch F1 on iptv 

3 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Jomtien beach, I bought this dtac sim on Lazada installed last Monday.

Overall improvement over the old 10mbs sim.

Basically, during the day the reception speed oscillates between 10 and 15 but with a sharp drop at each time change.
At night the 20 mbs are almost reached.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2928772772-s12885900169.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

I had good results with DTAC at a Jomtien beach apartment.  

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

It seems to be running at this now. As you say testmynet always gives a more representative reading. Tested on iPhoneX

4170927A-182E-4BEF-87E7-08B19450F9E4.thumb.png.e121b2c810afd43ad6329fba0a54fe92.png
My wife has the cheaper Fixxy package and it’s not much slower than mine. I only bought the ‘better’ package so I could watch F1 on iptv 

Have noticed that certain packages are less symmetrical than others. On my 10 Mbps I would get close to 10 down/10 up. 20 Mbps package high teens up and down. Bought a 100 GB full speed package and the upload speeds are abysmal.

Its totally dependent on your location , I have a 1 year True Sim at maximum 300 mbps , at my home I am getting 5 mbps , just along the road 1 km away I am getting 180 mbps .

In the location of my home dtac is far worse than True .

I have a 2 sim phone , I did a few speed tests on my dtac sim and its bearly registering at about 1 mbps.

1 hour ago, Brick Top said:

Its totally dependent on your location , I have a 1 year True Sim at maximum 300 mbps , at my home I am getting 5 mbps , just along the road 1 km away I am getting 180 mbps .

In the location of my home dtac is far worse than True .

I have a 2 sim phone , I did a few speed tests on my dtac sim and its bearly registering at about 1 mbps.

That's why you test with a normal SIM before committing to a long term SIM. But most people are too excited at the relatively low price of the 12 month SIMs to be bothered with that....until they run a speed test after purchasing the long term SIM.