Has Thailand reached the top of the Covid curve?

webfact

…same it happen everywhere else, Omicron will hit, lot of peoples ( Thailand always late, even for that..). But everything gonna be alright as it is very virulent but not deadly as was the basic one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nobody really knows the real numbers here just like what happens on the roads here they don’t really tell the real numbers they only record numbers of people who died right at the scene of the accident so if your name is going to the hospital he died they don’t count that Tik

• Like 1

Any figures as stated are down to testing, and as in the OP, Thailand's are very low per Capita. Be interesting to see UK's figures come April when ATKs are no longer free unless you're in a vulnerable group. I know a fair number of people in Thailand who have tested positive and never been officially counted either by PCR or probable ATKs. Even the UK has an official undercount if you go by the ONS figures. Severe cases and deaths are the best guide now, both of which have crept up in Thailand over the past weeks. Time for Thai to get their vulnerable triple jabbed I think.

I am seeing a problem in Pattaya, which was hit hard a couple of months ago. You would think that the wave would have diminished by now, but as Isaan is being hard hit now, ladies are coming down from Isaan to work bar, and carry the virus with them. Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

but as Isaan is being hard hit now, ladies are coming down from Isaan to work bar

Got any proof of that or just rambling as you have had a bad experience with a bar lady perhaps ?

• Haha 1

Covid seems to be spreading more now here.  More and more people I know personally are getting it now.  Relatives and friends.  It's probably a good thing to let it run it's course.  It's just a matter of time before everyone is exposed to it.  At least lots of people now have been vaccinated.  

One of my grand nephews just got it from playing football/soccer.   He had one Pfiser shot before that.  His symptoms have been like a mild cold.  Seems to be recovering after about 3 days now.

1 minute ago, wealthychef said:

This fixation on cases instead of hospitalizations and deaths is wrong headed.  Who cares if someone catches an OmiCold?  What is important is whether or not it kills people right?  If you keep your eye on the ball, you can see the real solution is much different than PCR tests in airports and regulations about alcohol during Songkran.  

As long as hospitalizations and intubations are low, you are correct.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

I think as a country Thailand should  make the effort to copy exactly what the Chinese are doing, that way the glorious Chinese tourist will one day return.

So your suggestion is Thailand should follow China and close borders until Zero Covid thus isolating herself for the foreseeable future and then arrange travel bubble with China to allow return Chinese tourists only 

I think as a country Thailand should  make the effort to copy exactly what the Chinese are doing, that way the glorious Chinese tourist will one day return.

China’s attempt at water- tight containment was working….  But the dam is about to burst and as the rest of the world moves on China is about to realise it could never stop covid anyway…. 

A massive outbreak is about to hit China, numbers are exponentially rising.

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

China’s attempt at water- tight containment was working….  But the dam is about to burst and as the rest of the world moves on China is about to realise it could never stop covid anyway…. 

A massive outbreak is about to hit China, numbers are exponentially rising.

It may have been working and beneficial with earlier strains..... but with omicron B2, as contagious as measles, but less symptomatic and dangerous, surely they have to let it run and provide the herd immunity. 

• Like 1

God forbid that ever happens again.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

According to statistics published by the World Health Origination, Thailand now ranks thirty-four on the World table with 166,520 cases reported up to Monday March 20th.

Southeast Asia’s most affected country is Vietnam which recorded 1.913,928 cases in the same period.

Recorded... nuff said.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

For starters the booster campaign is very slow, I see complaints daily of people not having access to it here in Pattaya. Yesterday on Facebook people were complaining that the 500 doses that Bangkok Pattaya Hospital had were booked before it was advertised. Many elderly I know have not had a booster yet, but they are administering doses to healthy kids.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, sungod said:

For starters the booster campaign is very slow, I see complaints daily of people not having access to it here in Pattaya. Yesterday on Facebook people were complaining that the 500 doses that Bangkok Pattaya Hospital had were booked before it was advertised. Many elderly I know have not had a booster yet, but they are administering doses to healthy kids.

I agree….  That’s an issue of poor planning rather than vaccine availability. 

Many booking systems are online but many people are not tech savvy and need help to book. 

All hospitals should have walk-in availability by now, it doesn’t need to be complicated. 

Its easy in Bkk, but it seems outside of Bkk they can’t get it sorted in a simple manner….. TBH in Bkk it was a bit of cluster with massive queues at Bang Sue station ( super spreader event anyone ? ). 

I have said for a long time - it would have been easiest to vaccinate the at risk communities by setting up vaccinations posts at every hospital and temple ( with vans and a few nurses etc )….  The whole issue was Thailand trying to make the system digital with registration etc rather than just getting the job done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I know you are being ironic, but China is seriously on a path to nowhere, and needs to change direction. 

Are you saying we (insert nationality here) aren't?

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have said for a long time - it would have been easiest to vaccinate the at risk communities by setting up vaccinations posts at every hospital and temple ( with vans and a few nurses etc )….  The whole issue was Thailand trying to make the system digital with registration etc rather than just getting the job done. 

Couldn't agree more, I think the term is 'outreach' . In the UK it would be backed up with a free cup of tea, a biscuit and a chance for a chat!

I dont believe it's solely vaccine hesitancy in the elderly, they dont see major issues in their community so they dont think it will happen to them and therefore traveling some distance to sit in a queue does not appeal. But as you say, if you turn up on their doorstop then they many would accept.

• Like 1

1. ????#COVID19 update on Wednesday
    ⬆️ 25,164 new cases
    ⬇️ 80 deaths
    ⬆️ 237,128 active cases
    ⬆️ 1,496 serious cases
    ????‍♂️ 24,770 recovered

✅ Follow @ThaiNewsReports on Twitter or the website http://thainewsreports.com  for breaking news #Thailand#โควิดวันนี้ #ส่องทวิตยามเช้า

View image on Twitter
    1m
    •  
    •  
    •  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I know you are being ironic, but China is seriously on a path to nowhere, and needs to change direction. 

China like Russia need their people to change directions, greed of land in this crowded world today is not on, their people acting as one against this is the only way to stop this.