DLT And Smart Queue

jwest10

7 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

These medical certs are not needed if renewing a 5 yr lic?

At least they weren't last time I renewed my 5yr in Bangkok Area 3 DLT.

This site indicates it is (see "IN CASE OF FOREIGNER RENEW THAI DRIVING LICENCE [BY YOURSELF] FIVE-YEARS DRIVING LICENCE" section at the bottom of the page):

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/two-year-license/

I don't think it was the last time I renewed my 5-year license (a year ago), but then I seem to remember that it was changed to be required.  It's something that may differ depending on which Land Transport Office you use.  As the medical certificate costs only 100-150 and takes less than 5 minutes to get, it may be better to get it than show up at the LTO and need it.

3 hours ago, skatewash said:

This site indicates it is (see "IN CASE OF FOREIGNER RENEW THAI DRIVING LICENCE [BY YOURSELF] FIVE-YEARS DRIVING LICENCE" section at the bottom of the page):

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/two-year-license/

I don't think it was the last time I renewed my 5-year license (a year ago), but then I seem to remember that it was changed to be required.  It's something that may differ depending on which Land Transport Office you use.  As the medical certificate costs only 100-150 and takes less than 5 minutes to get, it may be better to get it than show up at the LTO and need it.

As far as I know it was changed recently to be required.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, skatewash said:

It's something that may differ depending on which Land Transport Office you use. 

You could be correct? Anyone know about Bangkok Area 3 office near Bang Chak BTS on Sukhumvit - anyone have experience of this?

Where's the nearest med cert to be had? I read somewhere at another office you can get a motorcy taxi to go get one for you without even showing your face?

53 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

You could be correct? Anyone know about Bangkok Area 3 office near Bang Chak BTS on Sukhumvit - anyone have experience of this?

Where's the nearest med cert to be had? I read somewhere at another office you can get a motorcy taxi to go get one for you without even showing your face?

I'm in Phuket so can't give first hand information regarding Bangkok.  I guess I would use Google Maps to locate the Bang Chak BTS and then use search nearby to find a "medical clinic."  I think most such clinics near an LTO office would be more than willing to offer the medical certificate for something like 100-150 baht (those are Phuket prices, may be cheaper in Bangkok).  

Not surprised to hear about the motorcycle taxi medical certificate service as it's really a silly bureaucratic requirement from long ago.  The medical certificate certifies that you are not currently suffering from five dread diseases that have little if anything to do with driving:  leprosy, tuberculosis, elephantiasis, drug addiction, and third stage syphilis.  The only thing that gets examined in my experience is the money that you use pay for the certificate.  Although to be fair some of those conditions can probably be diagnosed by visual inspection or even from the casual observations of a motorcycle taxi driver. ???? 

On 5/12/2022 at 9:27 AM, Digitalbanana said:

Hi, I was in the DLT near Bang Chak BTS this morning and confirm that they want a medical certificate to renew a 5 year drivers license.

• Like 1